#Fireupthejets

The Plainsman

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Where would you fly to?

This is the problem we think we have to have an already NC laden coach like Saben or Meyers or Jimbo. I promise someone like Joe Roberts could win at AU. Talent and recruiting is not an issue AU sells itself. Every coach we have had since Dye have had extremely successful years. The problem is we just haven’t had one that could deal with success. We need to find someone with a mentality of winning every game and never being satisfied.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

This is the problem we think we have to have an already NC laden coach like Saben or Meyers or Jimbo. I promise someone like Joe Roberts could win at AU. Talent and recruiting is not an issue AU sells itself. Every coach we have had since Dye have had extremely successful years. The problem is we just haven’t had one that could deal with success. We need to find someone with a mentality of winning every game and never being satisfied.

Very. Well. Said.  Kudos to you sir.

25 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Gus isn’t going anywhere so get used to it.  10-2  will be the top end for his program when everything goes right, 8-4 will be the norm, and 6-6 will be the record when the ball doesn’t bounce right.  It is what it is.  That’s what $49M gets you these days.  

Not true we can create the problem much like Florida did to get rid their coach. I would even take a NCAA violation right now if it would get rid of Gus and his clown sidekick Chip

18 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

I think quite literally the answer is for Auburn to hire a real offensive coordinator and make him the head coach without the title. Give him complete control of the offense and tell him he doesn't have to listen to Gus. Gus won't change his ways even though Auburn invested a ton of money into him. I would think that Gus would become annoyed and go elsewhere.

Yes, instead of a Head Coach in waiting we have a Head Coach in Time Out!  I like it, Gus can glad hand, go to pot luck suppers, book clubs and such and leave the football to someone with some want to.  This is no different than how Gus treats the players, you fumble, you don't see the field.  Makes perfect sense, he is screwing up so use his own logic.

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not true we can create the problem much like Florida did to get rid their coach. I would even take a NCAA violation right now if it would get rid of Gus and his clown sidekick Chip

Anyone have a pic of Gus on a fish naked? 

is Gus really safe for two-three more years? what if attendance starts dropping like it did in 2008? and 2012? I saw quite a few empty seats during Arkansas and Southern Miss. PTB wouldn't like it if Season Ticket Holders and Turf Members stop coming

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Could you imagine what he would do with our offensive skill

It honestly hurts to think about because we'd be flying all over the field on offense.  And I'm thinking he'd be smart enough to leave the D alone.

46 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Gus is a terrible coach, awful. But more terrifying is that he was able to fool the Auburn Board of Trustees and Leath into extending him. Those are supposed to be the people watching over Auburn, supposedly smart people. His current buyout is $32 million, that's all on the Auburn Board.

Best contract attorney in the SEC...anyone that could turn Gomer into a $50m man must be the President of Mensa...

51 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd take Heuple...

If AU has more embarrassing losses and tons of empty seats like the mass exodus at 2012 Tex A@M, is there ANY chance AU makes a move way sooner than people expect? Thanks

12 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Just letting it all out.  

Thank you.  

P.S  K.Johnson should stop defending Gus on twitter or else he should have stayed another year.  

While I don’t agree with him I understand the bond between coach and a player. He’s still acclimating to life as a Auburn fan and has friends on the team.

His attempts at positivity are noble but his approach misguided. Dear lord we didn’t realize how much he made up for some of our deficiencies.

At least the panthers are having a good year and so are my UCF Knights 

1 hour ago, CR said:

If AU has more embarrassing losses and tons of empty seats like the mass exodus at 2012 Tex A@M, is there ANY chance AU makes a move way sooner than people expect? Thanks

No. The about of money we're talking about makes it a non-starter.

1 hour ago, CR said:

Not when he's one year removed from a 10-win season. But this does feel a lot like the 2008 season to me. 

2 minutes ago, selias said:

No. The about of money we're talking about makes it a non-starter.

From SB Nation:

Bad news, Auburn fans: Malzahn’s buyout is so big that there’s almost no chance Auburn fires him in 2018, 2019, and maybe even 2020.

If Auburn had fired Malzahn right after the 2017 regular season, his buyout would’ve been $6.9 million. But the Tigers decided to extend Malzahn’s contract through 2024 and give him a raise from $4.725 million per year to an even $7 million average.

In the event Malzahn is fired without cause now, Auburn owes him 75 percent of the total remaining money on the deal — half of that within 30 days, the other half in installments over the next four years. The math here isn’t that complicated, but Malzahn’s buyout would work out to about $32.1 million if Auburn fired him on Dec. 1, 2018.

2 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

From SB Nation:

Bad news, Auburn fans: Malzahn’s buyout is so big that there’s almost no chance Auburn fires him in 2018, 2019, and maybe even 2020.

If Auburn had fired Malzahn right after the 2017 regular season, his buyout would’ve been $6.9 million. But the Tigers decided to extend Malzahn’s contract through 2024 and give him a raise from $4.725 million per year to an even $7 million average.

In the event Malzahn is fired without cause now, Auburn owes him 75 percent of the total remaining money on the deal — half of that within 30 days, the other half in installments over the next four years. The math here isn’t that complicated, but Malzahn’s buyout would work out to about $32.1 million if Auburn fired him on Dec. 1, 2018.

They act like our BOT members don’t have money. 

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They act like our BOT members don’t have money. 

27 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

From SB Nation:

Where was this deal made........at the crossroads with Gaunter O Dim as Gus' agent?........yep you may have to look up the master mirror to find its meaning😆

Fired “Without cause”.  

If I do a poor job during my shift, I’m pretty sure my employers would justify the cause.

Y’all are bein too hard on ol’ Gus. His mediocrity is such that we have lost all hope of a championship season most years before October even gets going. Think of how this frees us up to not worry about the outcomes of games or even paying much attention to them when they’re going on....heck, we know the clusterf—- that is Malzahn will eventually torpedo things even if it temporarily looks promising. So, get outside and enjoy the fall doing something other than paying attention to AU football, at least until we decide to hire a HC that knows how to run a winning program. That kind of peace of mind is a bargain, even at $49 million. WDE!

12 minutes ago, tigerchris said:

Fired “Without cause”.  

If I do a poor job during my shift, I’m pretty sure my employers would justify the cause.

Technically, Alabama is a Right-To-Work state. Inability to perform one's job is not a fireable offense and if you are let go without cause then you are entitled to draw unemployment.

But contracts are different of course...

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Y’all are bein too hard on ol’ Gus. His mediocrity is such that we have lost all hope of a championship season most years before October even gets going. Think of how this frees us up to not worry about the outcomes of games or even paying much attention to them when they’re going on....heck, we know the clusterf—- that is Malzahn will eventually torpedo things even if it temporarily looks promising. So, get outside and enjoy the fall doing something other than paying attention to AU football, at least until we decide to hire a HC that knows how to run a winning program. That kind of peace of mind is a bargain, even at $49 million. WDE!

Basketball is right around the corner. 

3 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

My son is really good at Madden.  Uses his WR’s well.  Has a nice running game. Understands using the middle of the field in the passing game.  Mixes up his play calling effectively.  And back when we had NCAA Football he was a hell of a recruiter...he would work very cheap.  Can’t be worse Im just sayin. 

I once led LSU to 27 national Championships out of my 34 years there. Before that I lead Iowa State to a National Championship with a third string QB and my TE won the heisman that year. I will take your sons info though as a possible OC or position coach hire though. Or maybe vice versa. 

14 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

I once led LSU to 27 national Championships out of my 34 years there. Before that I lead Iowa State to a National Championship with a third string QB and my TE won the heisman that year. I will take your sons info though as a possible OC or position coach hire though. Or maybe vice versa. 

You’re hired 

I am done until the product on the field is better. You can call me a fair weather fan or whatever. If I don’t approve of a product the only recourse I have is not to buy it. WDE

1 hour ago, Sani-Freeze said:

From SB Nation:

This is why I don’t get why people are so loyal to CGM. He utilized his position last year to leverage something better for himself. Jimmy Sexton (who is very good btw) pitted two universities against each other to get his client the most money possible during the most vulnerable time. Now, don’t get me wrong, that is part of the game. However, this should tell you what type of individual you are dealing with. And btw, this same individual represents most of the opposing coaches some of you guys love to hate.

Archived