AU is irrelevent in football

ChltteTiger

2017 was a fluke just like 2013 was 4 years earlier. During Malzahn's tenure opposing defensive coaches have figured out his offenses. Malzahn has shown no willingness to change/adapt. I predict he will be run off by end of 2019. Flame away!

Here is what one national writer wrote just now:

"How long is Gus Malzahn's new contract?"

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

2017 was a fluke just like 2013 was 4 years earlier. During Malzahn's tenure opposing defensive coaches have figured out his offenses. Malzahn has shown no willingness to change/adapt. I predict he will be run off by end of 2019. Flame away!

How were either of those two seasons flukes?  You cannot just write off those seasons and the hard work put in by the players on those teams so it can fit your narrative.  That’s just a wishy-washy fan right there.  

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Here is what one national writer wrote just now:

"How long is Gus Malzahn's new contract?"

A signature page too long. 

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

How were either of those two seasons flukes?  You cannot just write off those seasons and the hard work put in by the players on those teams so it can fit your narrative.  That’s just a wishy-washy fan right there.  

I wouldnt dare call 2017 a fluke. As far as 2013, I wouldn't describe it any other way. 2013 required two of the greatest endings in college football history. And required a LONG 4th down conversion to even beat Mississippi State in the last minutes. 

2017 doesn't meet the definition of fluke. 

2013 absolutely does.

7 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I wouldnt dare call 2017 a fluke. As far as 2013, I wouldn't describe it any other way. 2013 required two of the greatest endings in college football history. And required a LONG 4th down conversion to even beat Mississippi State in the last minutes. 

2013 absolutely does.

And that is fine although I would disagree that you have to be in both of those games for one play to give you the win.  I just don’t like when people rail our coach for his faults, but don’t give him credit when credit it due.  Yeah I am mad about last night, but calling 2017 a fluke?  That’s just ignorant. 

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I predict he will be run off by end of 2019

We can only hope it will be that soon.

I will say the UGA and Bama games were not a fluke in 2017.  However, there was an LSU game in 2017 that is squarely on his shoulders as maybe one of the worst coaching episodes EVER.  Then, after two good games to end the season he craps the bed in the post season.  Maybe not a fluke, but certainly not worthy of much more than a "at a boy".  After all, it is what he and his staff are paid to do, WIN.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

And that is fine although I would disagree that you have to be in both of those games for one play to give you the win.  I just don’t like when people rail our coach for his faults, but don’t give him credit when credit it due.  Yeah I am mad about last night, but calling 2017 a fluke?  That’s just ignorant. 

He's getting all the credit he deserves currently.  Some just don't like the flavor.

16 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

He's getting all the credit he deserves currently.  Some just don't like the flavor.

The guy you are responding to does the exact opposite haha. Gives him all the credit and completely dismissed the failed seasons. I wish people would stop giving him life on these threads. He is no different than Viper

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

The guy you are responding to does the exact opposite haha. Gives him all the credit and completely dismissed the failed seasons. I wish people would stop giving him life on these threads. He is no different than Viper

Excuse me?  If you have something to say to me man you should know you can just address me.  And I thought we were on good terms?

And please give me an example of where I dismiss a failed season?  I just choose to look at things with a positive outlook as doom and gloom does no good.  If you notice I didn’t respond to him because I think what he is saying is correct. 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Excuse me?  If you have something to say to me man you should know you can just address me.  And I thought we were on good terms?

And please give me an example of where I dismiss a failed season?  I just choose to look at things with a positive outlook as doom and gloom does no good.  If you notice I didn’t respond to him because I think what he is saying is correct. 

I’ve addressed you countless of times. I am not going to clog up the threads addressing you anymore. I choose to stop feeding you and a couple of others. So this is my last one 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’ve addressed you countless of times. I am not going to clog up the threads addressing you anymore. I choose to stop feeding you and a couple of others. So this is my last one 

Not really.  And that is the first time you have ever said something like that.  Just next time don’t be afraid to address me directly.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not really.  And that is the first time you have ever said something like that.  Just next time don’t be afraid to address me directly.

Haha afraid of you ? Lol. Like I said I don’t like clog up the forums engaging with you but if you really want to go there we can take it to the PMs BUT leave it there.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Your fan philosophy would be 110% correct if Gus was making about a million a year. But at $7 million per year, it’s JUST WIN BABY!!! And win BIG and CONSISTENTLY! 

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

2013 absolutely does.

I can't stand what Gus is currently doing, but there is no such thing as a fluke season in football. A game? Maybe. Auburn went from 3-9 to an SEC title and a NC game. 

No such thing as a 14 game fluke.

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I can't stand what Gus is currently doing, but there is no such thing as a fluke season in football. A game? Maybe. Auburn went from 3-9 to an SEC title and a NC game. 

No such thing as a 14 game fluke.

Does it matter at this point? Really? What are we debating on that?

ok so Gus caught lightning in a bottle for one year...welcome to the Bowden, Tubby, Chiz club...

Geez enough debating pointless things. Our program is in shambles with a guy who has been there six freaking years and all we’re doing is debating whether his first year was a fluke?? 

Yes it was or no it wasn’t....doesn’t matter...it was five seasons ago and except for a three week period last November Auburn has been average at best since that NC game. That’s what matters.

20 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

ok so Gus caught lightning in a bottle for one year...welcome to the Bowden, Tubby, Chiz club...

Sounds like there’s a common denominator at Auburn that fans have no control over. Wouldn’t matter if we got rid of Gus or not........I’m depressed!!! 

1 minute ago, AUJedi said:

Sounds like there’s a common denominator at Auburn that fans have no control over. Wouldn’t matter if we got rid of Gus or not........I’m depressed!!! 

😞

Gus' biggest contribution annually?   He has signed top 10 classes.  Eventually that runs out with idiotic results on the field.

yes idiotic - you telling me MSU has the same talent level on O as Auburn?  Defense is close, but not the same.  That new coach of MSU at least understands his team's strengths and weaknesses and did a great job pushing the right buttons.   

Gus is consistently outcoached!  I think Orgeron is running his program extremely well.   Orgeron understands his weaknesses obviously.  I am totally surprised.  Now MSU seems to be ahead of Auburn coaching-wise.    We beat UGA and bama last yr because the players executed with passion.  Stidham played mistake free ball.  The D was incredible.   

Archived