Null



GwillMac6

Is Chip actually running HIS O?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Asa now posting on social media about frustration with playing time. 

Prove it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




19 minutes ago, WDE427 said:

Do you think he will have to say at another press conference that he is “turning all the play calling over to chip”  that is exactly what he did when he set lashlee up for being the fall guy. 

Actually, this is what happened with our offense that season:

Clemson    13-19    L
Ark St         51-14    W
TAMU         16-19    L
---Lashlee is given play calling duties---
LSU             18-13    W
MSU            38-14   W
Arky            56-3     W
Ole Miss     40-29   W     

-This is the point when we lose QB1. RB1 is already down. We lose RB2 in the next game and aren't healthy the rest of the season. 


 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This is what rings most disturbing to me. Remember when Gus was still heralded as an offensive guru back in 2013? Remember when we talked about his incessant attention to detail, his perfectionism, and his stated goal of running the number one offense in college football every year? What happened to that guy? What happened to the guy that wasn't satisfied until the offense was doing everything to his standard, to perfection? That's what got him here in the first place. Now, our offense looks ill-prepared and ill-focused. We are missing blocks, dropping balls, overthrowing wide open receives, making penalties. It's the opposite of what Gus built his brand on, and it's very, very concerning. 

The answer to what happened to that guy is he was promoted to head coach. Gus is in over his head in the SEC as a head coach. He either needs to be an OC in this league, or a head coach in a less significant conference, and also where the opponents don't care about playing defense. Big fish in a small pond type scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Actually, this is what happened with our offense that season:

Clemson    13-19    L
Ark St         51-14    W
TAMU         16-19    L
---Chip is given play calling duties---
LSU             18-13    W
MSU            38-14   W
Arky            56-3     W
Ole Miss     40-29   W     

-This is the point when we lose QB1. RB1 is already down. We lose RB2 in the next game and aren't healthy the rest of the season. 


 

Chip was not at Auburn in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

 

Thanks. Couldn’t find his page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Open question to the board: Does anybody even get mad anymore? I don't. I mean, I'm generally angry about the situation. But when I watched the game the other night, it wasn't really anger so much as sad resignation. I actually did that sad, "are you kidding me" laugh a couple times. 

To me it's now like watching a rerun of an old Seinfeld episode. 

You're comfortable, you know the routine, you get to laugh a little, and you can anticipate the gags coming up.  Like 3rd and 8?  Watch this, it's where we run play action and try to hit the fly, but QB doesn't have time because the play fake doesn't fool anyone since we can't run the ball, so the QB has to scramble and throw it out of bounds.  Yeah, that's a good one.;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Open question to the board: Does anybody even get mad anymore? I don't. I mean, I'm generally angry about the situation. But when I watched the game the other night, it wasn't really anger so much as sad resignation. I actually did that sad, "are you kidding me" laugh a couple times. 

That's something I mentioned in another thread.  In sorta a backwards "good" way, I'm glad they're at least having the decency to suck early in the season.  This has allowed me to relax and sorta move on to just enjoying good football by watching other teams.

Often, I get so worked up it's hard to enjoy games on before an AU game and when they lose I can't even watch another game or highlight show.  This year I've resigned myself to "oh well, #butgus is in tha houssssssee!" and I'm able to enjoy college football in general.

That OU - UTx game was AMAZING!!!!

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Chip was not at Auburn in 2016.

Chip....Rhett...same difference in Gus World.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That OU - UTx game was AMAZING!!!!

Anybody remember Ehlinger’s handler trying to sell Ehlinger to this board? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Anybody remember Ehlinger’s handler trying to sell Ehlinger to this board? 

Don't know anything about that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Don't know anything about that....

Yep, his uncle was trying to sell Enlinger’s hype as a recruit to our board like we, as fans, could recruit him. I did a simple google search and saw the guy was doing the same thing to damn near every college football message board in the country., so I ended up shooting a PM to E. Pretty sure someone told him to knock it off.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

This is what rings most disturbing to me. Remember when Gus was still heralded as an offensive guru back in 2013? Remember when we talked about his incessant attention to detail, his perfectionism, and his stated goal of running the number one offense in college football every year? What happened to that guy? What happened to the guy that wasn't satisfied until the offense was doing everything to his standard, to perfection? That's what got him here in the first place. Now, our offense looks ill-prepared and ill-focused. We are missing blocks, dropping balls, overthrowing wide open receives, making penalties. It's the opposite of what Gus built his brand on, and it's very, very concerning. 

That guy has since got set for life and is just riding it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

This is what rings most disturbing to me. Remember when Gus was still heralded as an offensive guru back in 2013? Remember when we talked about his incessant attention to detail, his perfectionism, and his stated goal of running the number one offense in college football every year? What happened to that guy? What happened to the guy that wasn't satisfied until the offense was doing everything to his standard, to perfection? That's what got him here in the first place. Now, our offense looks ill-prepared and ill-focused. We are missing blocks, dropping balls, overthrowing wide open receives, making penalties. It's the opposite of what Gus built his brand on, and it's very, very concerning. 

Nothing happen to that guy. He is the same guy. The issue is people caught on to his kinks. It was innovative and new for a time, especially when you had the right personell for it, but once people started figuring it out, he never evolved like the DCs did. He is the t pain of college football. Auto tune was nice and catchy when he first started really using it, but when everyone else started using it and mastering it in different ways, he fell off. Couldn’t find ways to reinvent himself. Tis is the same with Gus.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

That OU - UTx game was AMAZING!!!!

LSU v UF was a beaut, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DAG said:

Nothing happen to that guy. He is the same guy. The issue is people caught on to his kinks. It was innovative and new for a time, especially when you had the right personell for it, but once people started figuring it out, he never evolved like the DCs did. He is the t pain of college football. Auto tune was nice and catchy when he first started really using it, but when everyone else started using it and mastering it in different ways, he fell off. Couldn’t find ways to reinvent himself. Tis is the same with Gus.

Even if that's true, it doesn't explain the apparent lack of focus that our players have. I agree that Gus has failed to reinvent himself, but our players have a lack of focus and execution that goes beyond scheme or play calling. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Even if that's true, it doesn't explain the apparent lack of focus that our players have. I agree that Gus has failed to reinvent himself, but our players have a lack of focus and execution that goes beyond scheme or play calling. 

How focus is our coach? Like I said in another post, it doesn’t seem to me that Gus gets intently focus on making everything work UNLESS he starts feeling the heat. When that is gone , it seems to me he prioritizes his wants over what actually might need to happen. I have always felt, CGM is a happy camper if he is winning his way. If someone gets in the way of that, he is usually looking for the first door out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is the t pain of college football. Auto tune was nice and catchy when he first started really using it, but when everyone else started using it and mastering it in different ways, he fell off.

Just wanted to say this is a beautiful and hilarious analogy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DAG said:

How focus is our coach? Like I said in another post, it doesn’t seem to me that Gus gets intently focus on making everything work UNLESS he starts feeling the heat. When that is gone , it seems to me he prioritizes his wants over what actually might need to happen. I have always felt, CGM is a happy camper if he is winning his way. If someone gets in the way of that, he is usually looking for the first door out.

Yeah that's one of the questions that needs to be asked. I don't see him as a complacent person. He has a history of a strong work ethic and complacency would run counter to that. My thought is Gus = Gollum and his offense = the ring. He's not going to let go of that thing until it ruins him. 

my-precious2.jpg

He was a defensive coordinator when he started coaching high school football. When he started as a head coach he went and borrowed offensive concepts from coaches all over Arkansas to develop his own formula. He's ridden that offensive formula all the way to where he is now. Unlike most head coaches, he doesn't come from a coaching tree. He doesn't know anything other than what got him here. Therefore, he doesn't trust any other mode of thinking. It kind of makes sense. The second he lets go of his offense, what else does he have to offer? What is his value, if not in his offensive "genius"? 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah that's one of the questions that needs to be asked. I don't see him as a complacent person. He has a history of a strong work ethic and complacency would run counter to that. My thought is Gus = Gollum and his offense = the ring. He's not going to let go of that thing until it ruins him. 

my-precious2.jpg

He was a defensive coordinator when he started coaching high school football. When he started as a head coach he went and borrowed offensive concepts from coaches all over Arkansas to develop his own formula. He's ridden that offensive formula all the way to where he is now. Unlike most head coaches, he doesn't come from a coaching tree. He doesn't know anything other than what got him here. Therefore, he doesn't trust any other mode of thinking. It kind of makes sense. The second he lets go of his offense, what else does he have to offer? What is his value, if not in his offensive "genius"? 

And he can be this way, if you are the OC and that is your one job. You can’t be that way as a HC, leading others because so many moving parts need your tutelage. I think if he was an OC, he could reinvent himself. However, he has had a taste of success as an HC and this will be his desire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WDE427 said:

Do you think he will have to say at another press conference that he is “turning all the play calling over to chip”  that is exactly what he did when he set lashlee up for being the fall guy. 

No doubt about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Open question to the board: Does anybody even get mad anymore? I don't. I mean, I'm generally angry about the situation. But when I watched the game the other night, it wasn't really anger so much as sad resignation. I actually did that sad, "are you kidding me" laugh a couple times. 

Just like in years past under CGM, I've become apathetic ~ it's sad that it's hit me this early in the season but here it is.  Real raging anger left me on Sept 12, 2015 in that JaxState OT game, I just shook my head and watched that team go all the way to Legion Field, what a joke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now