Upon Further Review -Mississippi State Game

StatTiger

We have about beaten the MSU game to death.....so does anyone know anything about the Vols...who to look out for and what to expect from them?    I have watched about 10 minutes of them this season......and that's pretty much all I know....which is almost nothing.

Is there any good reason that AU should be a double digit favorite  :dunno:

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

We have about beaten the MSU game to death.....so does anyone know anything about the Vols...who to look out for and what to expect from them?    I have watched about 10 minutes of them this season......and that's pretty much all I know....which is almost nothing.

Is there any good reason that AU should be a double digit favorite  :dunno:

Well, they're 2-3 but their 3 losses have been to WVU, UF & thUga (all top tier teams UF beating LSU this past weekend).

WVU is just playing lights out right now.

Turnovers seem to have done them in against UF otherwise they might have put up a better fight.

thUga was just too much for them as they probably will be for AU later.  

They did dominate both "lil sisters of the poor" teams they played.

Don't know too many details beyond that but they are certainly not to be taken lightly after what MSU did.

They're looking for a "big" SEC win and had 2 weeks to prepare.  Plus Pruitt has owned Gus.  If there's a chance for an upset, this is ripe.

Edited by AUsince72
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Plus Pruitt has owned Gus

in what way?   Isn't this his first HC job?   

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

in what way?   Isn't this his first HC job?   

As DC his defenses vs Gus' "better" offenses.  Unless AU really comes out with something different, Pruitt will know the plays coming before Stids does.

This will be a defensive game again.  Luckily they don't have a Fitzgerald.  I just don't see Auburn scoring much the way they are playing.  And with 2 weeks to prepare, plus if UT's ever going to smell blood, this is their week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1