Oklahoma Fires Defensive Coordinator

AU-24

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-oklahoma-fires-coordinator-after-week-6-loss-to-texas/

Yes, this applies to Auburn football! Here is a team not excepting any excuses, and insisting on winning!

But it’s just a game. You shouldn’t expect so much from coaches that make millions of dollars. We can’t win them all. No one is perfect. We are young and the future is bright. Just wait till next year. We have to have time to gel. And the refs have been really bad. 

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-oklahoma-fires-coordinator-after-week-6-loss-to-texas/

Yes, this applies to Auburn football! Here is a team not excepting any excuses, and insisting on winning!

So Gus should be fired immediately? I do not agree; however as I have posted before I could see him run off end of 2019 if this year and next are 6-6, 7-5 type seasons. 

2 hours ago, MCAU said:

But it’s just a game. You shouldn’t expect so much from coaches that make millions of dollars. We can’t win them all. No one is perfect. We are young and the future is bright. Just wait till next year. We have to have time to gel. And the refs have been really bad. 

The refs have been really bad quite true.

13 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

So Gus should be fired immediately? I do not agree; however as I have posted before I could see him run off end of 2019 if this year and next are 6-6, 7-5 type seasons. 

Yes. Fired immediately. This is year 6. He makes $7 million a year. 

Just now, MCAU said:

We don’t have the money for tbe buyout. If we wanted to fire him, we shouldn’t have given him job security.  

2 minutes ago, MCAU said:

He is not earning his salary I agree. We are in a pickle

31 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

In the Oklahoma situation it was the D-coordinator that was fired.

Yes, it begins and ends with the head coach, so “said” head coach decided a change was needed on that side of the ball; who could blame him?  If you don’t think this sent shockwaves to the rest of the coaching staff, you’re crazy.  So my obvious point: the entire coaching staff from top to bottom will be working there rear ends off, so that what happened when Oklahoma played Texas, will not happen again the remainder of the season and possibly the remainder of their coaching careers.

Here’s a possible scenario, that won’t happen at Auburn.

AD Green - Gus, need to see you in my office. 

Gus enters Greens office. 

AD Green - Gus as I’m sure you know your assistant coaches as well as yourself, are highly compensated for the type of results we expect here at Auburn.

Gus - Yes we are.

AD Green - Gus, is it true; as you say, Chip Lindsay is running the O?

Gus - Yes, I am not a liar, Chip is running the O.

AD Green - With that said, I’m sure you feel Chip is a nice guy, I believe he is a good person as well. Bottom line Gus, results on the field are not only poor, they are completely embarrassing and unacceptable. Due to this fact, I expect you to fire Chip and possibly Grimes, if you feel he is part of the problem and immediately bring in a competent O-coordinator ASAP.

AD Green continues - With the type of salary and benefit package we offer here at Auburn, with an Auburn community that is so family-friendly, several former coaches have decided to retire here, I expect nothing more than the absolute best of available assistant coaches.

31 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, it begins and ends with the head coach, so “said” head coach decided a change was needed on that side of the ball; who could blame him?  If you don’t think this sent shockwaves to the rest of the coaching staff, you’re crazy.  So my obvious point: the entire coaching staff from top to bottom will be working there rear ends off, so that what happened when Oklahoma played Texas, will not happen again the remainder of the season and possibly the remainder of their coaching careers.

AD Green - Gus as I’m sure you know your assistant coaches as well as yourself, are highly compensated for the type of results we expect here at Auburn.

Gus - Yes we are.

AD Green - With that said, I’m sure you feel Chip is a nice guy, I believe he is a good person as well. Bottom line Gus, results on the field are not only poor, they are completely embarrassing and unacceptable. Due to this fact, I expect you to fire Chip and possibly Grimes, if you feel he is part of the problem and immediately bring in a competent O-coordinator ASAP.

AD Green continues - With the type of salary and benefit package we offer here at Auburn, with an Auburn community that is so family-friendly, several former coaches have decided to retire here, I expect nothing more than the absolute best of available assistant coaches.

I approve of this hypothetical conversation. 👍

2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Maybe we can get a real WR coach then also. 

WTF are you watching?  WRs are quite often running open.  We aren't throwing it to them when they are, whether it be Stidham not seeing the field or the o-line getting him killed before he can throw.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:
9 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

WTF are you watching?  WRs are quite often running open.  We aren't throwing it to them when they are, whether it be Stidham not seeing the field or the o-line getting him killed before he can throw.

Agree with you Brad.  WR has been the one position group doing what they're supposed to....they even BLOCK better than the OL.  Kodi for OL Coach!

10 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Kodi shouldn't shoulder the blame for this offensive situation and you know it.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Gus - Yes we are.

You left out the part where Greene says "if I'm going to have to make the obvious decisions for you then why do I need you?"

Just now, gr82be said:

You left out the part where Greene says "if I'm going to have to make the obvious decisions for you then why do I need you?"

Lol true. The main problem is: unlike Oklahoma, this decision will not be made by Gus or Greene.

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

Chip Lindsey will be the fall guy . Pretty simple 

It can't be any other way.  Canning Gus in the year following his extension is effectively admitting incompetence on the part of anyone in the administration associated with making that deal.  They would have to (or at least need to) get chopped too.  

40 minutes ago, keesler said:

No he shouldn't. But let's be real here, his wideouts have dropped a lot of balls (TD saturday) and have given up on a lot of plays early. Been a team effort to suck on the O this year. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus is going to fire Chip for not letting Chip run his, Chips, offense? Chip would have a field day on Gus with the press. 

No newish/young OC with aspirations of advancing in his coaching career will disparage his former boss through the media.  Chip could do it, but he wouldn't do it any more than Rhett Lashley or D.Craig or anyone else in the coaching profession.  

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

No newish/young OC with aspirations of advancing in his coaching career will disparage his former boss through the media.  Chip could do it, but he wouldn't do it any more than Rhett Lashley or D.Craig or anyone else in the coaching profession.  

Maybe. But if Gus were to fire Chip for lack of offensive production during the season I think we would be in uncharted waters here. Chip would defend himself in the media. But Gus isn't going to fire Chip during the season so this is all for not. 

5 hours ago, MCAU said:

You forgot: It's only October

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Football practice in the spring and in fall camp is overrated.

That's the beauty. You type "It's only" then just add the month, no matter what time of the year. I forgot to add: "We had a good week of practice, the guys were really focused and got after it"

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I wore kody out and ate my words . He is working hard and the WRs are great . Also his recruiting is strong as well. Kodi has nothing to do with this 

Archived