Stripe the Stadium

abw0004

Good morning all,

Since I will not be posting the "My Thoughts From the Stadium" today as I was not in the stadium Saturday, I am not able to notate what fans are to wear for the upcoming Tennessee game.  So, here it is!  This is the Stripe the Stadium game!  Please see below for the color assigned to each section.  :wareagle:

wewe.jpeg

I believe Penn St provides t-shirts for their "white out" games.  Does Auburn do this?  Just curious...

yeah i'm thinking in order to pull this off they are going to have to stripe the seats themselves with paint and shirts. i dont think there will be enough humans there to pull this off the legit way

58 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I believe Penn St provides t-shirts for their "white out" games.  Does Auburn do this?  Just curious...

They do not, although they should.  The only Thing Auburn does is provide the correct color shakers for the student section.  Auburn does a fairly good job when striping the stadium.  In the stadium it doesn't look as good, but on tv is looks much better.  I do think Tennessee does a better job though with their checkered look.

I'm all for people boycotting the games, I think it'll get changes made faster, but I hope everyone shows up for this one. No need for our offense to look like garbage and the stadium to be half-striped and look crummy too.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

They do not, although they should.  The only Thing Auburn does is provide the correct color shakers for the student section.  Auburn does a fairly good job when striping the stadium.  In the stadium it doesn't look as good, but on tv is looks much better.  I do think Tennessee does a better job though with their checkered look.

Love how UT does it.  I suspect they also pass out cheap t's as well.

Either way, it's one thing I like better than "the old days".  I remember when half the people in the stadium would be wearing cammo or flannel...no real effort to color coordinate.  I do think a stadium looks extra cool with some coordination.

It probably won’t be as good as in years past. Coming off a loss, 11:00am kick, and fall break for students. Also, Athletics and the University seem to do a horrible job promoting this.

1 hour ago, AdamsHouseCat said:

Saw this on Twitter yesterday but it is right on.

We have Tennessee in town and Auburn tells half our fans to wear orange.

Pure genius.

😨

This and copy what UT does for their home games by stripping the stadium.  I have a feeling it won’t turn out as the planners envisioned. 

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This and copy what UT does for their home games by stripping the stadium.  I have a feeling it won’t turn out as the planners envisioned. 

Well technically they checker their stadium.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Well technically they checker their stadium.

How silly of me not to know that. 😆

Yeah, we normally do pretty good with this but it's poorly planned out this year. Fall break should've been last week with the away game not this week with a freaking home game. Attendance will be lower for sure but mostly the upper deck. The student section will be fine at least until halftime. lol

As for t-shirts, the AU Bookstore on campus normally sells orange and blue shirts for cheap on gameday to help with striping the stadium and has the seating chart for reference for anyone who isn't sure what color they need. I'm assuming they'll do the same tomorrow but with it being fall break, I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: Also - the away team section is orange so it'll work out okay in that regard. lol

Archived