Criticism from Stidham's Camp

Farmer Brown

Don't know if this has been posted or not. Kind of interesting...

Messages like this from the Twitter account of the brother of Stidham's guardian makes you wonder how bad things have gotten in the locker room.

comment.jpg

The comment was posted on Saturday, and liked and retweeted by Stidham's fiancee, Kennedy Brown. (Copeland later deleted his Twitter comment after this column was published.)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Don't know if this has been posted or not. Kind of interesting...

Messages like this from the Twitter account of the brother of Stidham's guardian makes you wonder how bad things have gotten in the locker room.

comment.jpg

The comment was posted on Saturday, and liked and retweeted by Stidham's fiancee, Kennedy Brown. (Copeland later deleted his Twitter comment after this column was published.)

I will not defend Gus. However, his being dumb or not had zero to do with the ridiculous overthrows that would have added points to the board.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

@copelandmitch on Twitter is still active.

That’s his guardian’s brother.

12 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

the brother of Stidham's guardian

Just curious.  Most people have parents or a parent instead of a guardian.  Do you know of a place I can read up on this back story?  It's new to me.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Just curious.  Most people have parents or a parent instead of a guardian.  Do you know of a place I can read up on this back story?  It's new to me.

I just read all of that on AL.com and copied the salient part. I know nothing about Stidham's personal life. That tweet has been deleted, but is still in the article.

9 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

There’s very little out about his family life. He moved in with the Copelands while in HS, and I think he was officially adopted by them. It’s been a bit of a mystery throughout Stidham’s football career. It gets mentioned but no one ever seems to know the details. And Matt Copeland was accused by a lot of folks in Texas as being Stidham’s handler in his recruitment. Stidham initially committed to Texas Tech then flipped rob Baylor, and all kinds of rumors flew about payments and trucks and all kinds of stuff that Copeland seemed to be in the middle of constantly. Just a weird situation all around. 

5 minutes ago, aucosby said:

The guy has no business going pro.  It’s sad they can’t see he is part of the problem 

I think the issues with his camp are deeper than just Stidham’s poor play right now. They’re probably going to blame a lot of his mistakes on Gus. That’s what loved ones do in situations like these. 

4 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

You should read Marcello’s latest...he may have as many fingers pointed back at him.

What happened to that thread? 

Just now, Jones Field said:

You should read Marcello’s latest...he may have as many fingers pointed back at him.

I’ve read it. IMO there are a lot of issues. Some can be pointed at Stidham, but as much as some of those anonymous players want to place blame, there’s likely plenty for them to take as well. A story/report like that doesn’t really help anyone. Maybe having a media member write something like that will give some guys a chance to air their grievances and let guys get things off their chest. But players talking anonymously to a reporter is just not good. 

1 minute ago, kwagoner said:

What happened to that thread? 

Probably got zapped because that article was behind a pay wall. It’s very salacious and rumor-filled. Not really anything that was written can be verified unless the players who spoke anonymously come forward and claim what they said. 

2 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I’ve read it. IMO there are a lot of issues. Some can be pointed at Stidham, but as much as some of those anonymous players want to place blame, there’s likely plenty for them to take as well. A story/report like that doesn’t really help anyone. Maybe having a media member write something like that will give some guys a chance to air their grievances and let guys get things off their chest. But players talking anonymously to a reporter is just not good. 

.....and should be something that the Coaches put an end too.  Not a good look for the coaching staff

Just now, auburnphan said:

.....and should something that the Coaches put an end too.  Not a good look for the coaching staff

They look the worst in all of this. And IMO the rift between Gus and Chip on how the offense should be run is a big part of the reason for the other offensive locker room issues. I think there’s a trickle down effect that’s happening that starts at the very top, and it’s causing a heap of internal issues. 

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Not a good look for the coaching staff

You know these players question the offensive coaches. They see much more than we can.

Jarrett didn't post it. Nor did any Auburn player. Sounds like dumb millennial twitter crap.

jarret handles himself well in front of the media and social media. Always has. He's a professional.

If there is anything to be learned from the recent political events, it is that anyone can say anything and no one can ever really know if it is true or not. There's no such thing as truth in the media anymore, just sensationalism. There may be a grain of truth here or there,. but you can never be truly sure of it. Besides, these days, people believe what they want to believe and disregard what may be true or not. Everyone has their own version of the truth. The lesson learned is to not get too comfortable with one side of the story. It could all be smoke and mirrors.

Sorry, I'm feeling kind of cynical today...

I really want everyone to start asking themselves why Auburn has to go through this over and over again...there is a systemic issue within the football program that has been there since I’ve been a fan which is about 35 years. Something must change. Quit hiring coaches who dont know how to run a big time SEC Program.

Archived