Hurricane Michael

SaltyTiger

Hope all affected will be fine. We battened down and headed to Auburn in the morning. This one may be a bit nasty but hopefully not. I love Mexico Beach FL. See sign in pic.  

IMG_0231 (1).JPG

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hope all affected will be fine. We battened down and headed to Auburn in the morning. This one may be a bit nasty but hopefully not. I love Mexico Beach FL. See sign in pic.  

IMG_0231 (1).JPG

Prayers sent.........travel safely.

Heads up South Mississippi, South Alabama and the Florida Panhandle.   Michael is expected to possibly grow into a monster.  High 3 Low 4 Category Hurricane.   12-15 foot storm surge.

And will continue to strengthen up until landfall.   Expected landfall 11am Wednesday as of tonight. 

I took the pups and my niece up to north Alabama from the panhandle. Wife had to stay as an “essential personnel”. We also don’t have the sturdiest house so any prayers would be appreciated.

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I took the pups and my niece up to north Alabama from the panhandle. Wife had to stay as an “essential personnel”. We also don’t have the sturdiest house so any prayers would be appreciated.

Your wife and property are in my prayers

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Prayers sent for your family. 

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Stay safe, Mrs. Zeek. Please keep us posted, Mr. Zeek. 

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Prayers and thoughts sent

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

I will be praying for you and your family (and home). 

Living in Florida, I know how scary that is.

Hope all is going well for your wife @Zeek . I'm sure the weather is starting to deteriorate quickly on the panhandle.  The north easterly turn hasn't happened yet that was/is expected and not sure which is winning in the steering right now the forward movement of the storm or the front coming out of Texas.   

As a reminder for everyone in this path please take into considerations evacuation warnings... Just a reminder Hurricane Katrina was downgraded to a Cat 3 before landfall.  Michael is expected to continue to gain strength up until landfall and be either a High Cat 3 or Low Cat 4 at land fall.   

32 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Hope all is going well for your wife @Zeek . I'm sure the weather is starting to deteriorate quickly on the panhandle.  The north easterly turn hasn't happened yet that was/is expected and not sure which is winning in the steering right now the forward movement of the storm or the front coming out of Texas.   

As a reminder for everyone in this path please take into considerations evacuation warnings... Just a reminder Hurricane Katrina was downgraded to a Cat 3 before landfall.  Michael is expected to continue to gain strength up until landfall and be either a High Cat 3 or Low Cat 4 at land fall.   

Here in Gulf Breeze just off Pensacola Beach. We're holding our breath on the expected turn. Who know what's going to happen.  No rain with gusts just to 30 mph. Everyone stay safe.

1 hour ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Here in Gulf Breeze just off Pensacola Beach. We're holding our breath on the expected turn. Who know what's going to happen.  No rain with gusts just to 30 mph. Everyone stay safe.

It takes faith to see a monster heading for you while hoping the forecast holds true with the turn.  I hope it works it for you.  Good gracious if anyone is in the line of this storm, please leave if you are able.  It may be too late very soon.

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It takes faith to see a monster heading for you while hoping the forecast holds true with the turn.  I hope it works it for you.  Good gracious if anyone is in the line of this storm, please leave if you are able.  It may be too late very soon.

It's a very selfish feeling. My heart ached seeing the traffic heading west from Ft. Walton on my way to work. Prayers to all affected.

Officially Michael just went to a Cat 4... and that in the cooling of the night without sun.  Tomorrow this thing may explode with the heat from shallow water and the sun.

Also interesting the clouds are so high and the vortex so great surrounding the eye of the storm the cloud top temps are -112 F.

It’s just looking worse and worse. I have too many friends who refuse to leave and I’m beyond worried for my home and my families homes.

We’re pretty tough in the Panhandle but we’ve never been hit, since I’ve been there, so dead on by one of these.

Evacuated wife & kids Monday night from Tallahassee to near New Orleans and even 36 hrs & 350 miles from protected landfall, my relative's usually high dock was already submerged. Now THAT is extreme storm surge! 

Those in the path, please keep the family updated. Let us know if there is anything we can do.  Prayers lifted for all of y'all.

My brother lives on the water and is at ground zero of where Michael is projected to hit.  I’ve told and told him that we have a spare bedroom waiting on him.  My wife has pleaded with his wife for them to leave NOW.  Awaiting on their decision.  I don’t know what to say. 

PS, he lives about three miles from Tyndall AFB, which has declared HURCON 1 and ordered all non-essential personnel to evacuate.  For Tyndall to do that tells me this is for real and sure is not media hype. Memory tells me this declaration is a first for Tyndall. 

Archived