Hurricane Michael

SaltyTiger

36 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

My brother lives on the water and is at ground zero of where Michael is projected to hit.  I’ve told and told him that we have a spare bedroom waiting on him.  My wife has pleaded with his wife for them to leave NOW.  Awaiting on their decision.  I don’t know what to say. 

Hopefully, they make the decision to get out NOW!!  It's almost too late.  

Having been through a couple of big tropical storms, there is nothing you can do to save or protect anything that wasn't saved or protected prior to the storm.  Praying for all in the path. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

My brother lives on the water and is at ground zero of where Michael is projected to hit.  I’ve told and told him that we have a spare bedroom waiting on him.  My wife has pleaded with his wife for them to leave NOW.  Awaiting on their decision.  I don’t know what to say. 

Don't hesitate.........leave area.......lived a mile north of Pascagoula Beach during Katrina.......leaving was our best decision.......our neighbor RET Pascagoula Police Chief and his wife......both in their 70's had to get on their roof to escape flood water........very dangerous as any small cut is exposed to bacteria...........remember them telling us when water entered home fast and no way of telling how much or high its going to get......please be safe👍

8 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If Michael stays a Cat4 and hits at the projected area I suspect my brother is in deep voodoo.  I suspect he will incur property damage. 

We are right down the road at Mexico Beach. Hope your brother got out ok. We left yesterday. Sobering feeling sitting here realizing everything that you are probably losing in the next few hours. 

Yeah, Salty, I knew you are right down the road.  My wife and I often go to MB.  It’s a pleasant beach and not too many tourists.  Hope your place comes out OK!

19 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Yeah, Salty, I knew you are right down the road.  My wife and I often go to MB.  It’s a pleasant beach and not too many tourists.  Hope your place comes out OK!

Thanks Mike. My wife did have the sense to box up and bring pictures, jewelry, documents...... and we still have a little house in Auburn that we came to. 

Just pray that everyone comes out of this alive and healthy. When it comes down to it all else is replaceable.

When I left was thinking we would be able to head back down in the morning but doubt that will be the case seeing the monster this became. Guess I will be forced to suffer through watching our offense at JHS Saturday morning.😉

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Oh my goodness.  Salty, any word on your place?

Not yet but not expecting it to be good. Mexico Beach is small place. Have a nice golf cart down there that I will give you a good deal on right now😉. Thanks for asking Mike.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

We are all praying for you and your community, Salty!!!

Thank you Nola. My oldest son says not to depend on FEMA for assistance. Having a hard time convincing President Trump that Mexico Beach belongs to the United States.😉

40 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thank you Nola. My oldest son says not to depend on FEMA for assistance. Having a hard time convincing President Trump that Mexico Beach belongs to the United States.😉

Well if you need a break from the coverage I recommend College Footballs funniest moments and bloopers...........some games from the past that I  had forgotten👍

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Ha! Great attitude Salty! Let us know if we can help a brother out.

Still can’t get ahold of my wife and our neighbors have said the car go hit by a bunch of boards. We had two windows break and our door almost ripped off. Haven’t seen it yet obviously but that was the report. 

Around 12:30 Gulf Power cut everyone’s power to make it easier to get running again and no one in the county has been able to call or text me.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Prayers for all in the danger zone. Remember you can replace a house but a person

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Well if you need a break from the coverage I recommend College Footballs funniest moments and bloopers...........some games from the past that I  had forgotten👍

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Ha! Great attitude Salty! Let us know if we can help a brother out.

Thanks sincerely guys. Means more than I can express.  Pretty obvious from this thread that a couple of grudges carry over from other forums. 

Archived