Hurricane Michael

SaltyTiger

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AuMarine said:

I pray that everyone is safe. It is absolutely gut wrenching to lose everything you have worked so hard for.. had a nice place on highway 90 between Biloxi and Gulfport that was wiped from the foundation by Katrina. . I hope and pray no one has experienced that. 

Sorry to hear that.........had a home in Pascagoula........a mile north of Beach Blvd.........just south of highway 90.

Thanks to all of you guys for the concern. via NOAA  storms I appear to be pretty good shape. Mexico Beach is a small unique community stretching 3 miles on 98. No red lights, fast food, high rises etc. appears that the majority of destruction occurred on the west one half. Eastern is half seems to be not as bad but still incurred water damage. I am built on concrete piers with update hurricane code requirements and those structures appear to have survived.

With that said my heart and feelings go out to those who do not  have the means to  escape this sort of thing. 99.9% of the Mexico Beach population can leave comfortably in a moments notice. Not the case in many cities and communities. I am guilty taking "evacuate" for granted in the past. 

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks to all of you guys for the concern. via NOAA  storms I appear to be pretty good shape. Mexico Beach is a small unique community stretching 3 miles on 98. No red lights, fast food, high rises etc. appears that the majority of destruction occurred on the west one half. Eastern is half seems to be not as bad but still incurred water damage. I am built on concrete piers with update hurricane code requirements and those structures appear to have survived.

With that said my heart and feelings go out to those who do not  have the means to  escape this sort of thing. 99.9% of the Mexico Beach population can leave comfortably in a moments notice. Not the case in many cities and communities. I am guilty taking "evacuate" for granted in the past. 

Good to hear Salty👍 Word of advice when pulling up carpet......which is a thing of the past in my home...........Shorts and sandles made my legs and feet look like 99 puffed balloons🤣

NOAA shows my brother’s house still standing. Neighbor’s boathouse is torn up and now sitting on my brother’s boat dock and so is his boat. Still can’t get info from my brother. 

17 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

NOAA shows my brother’s house still standing. Neighbor’s boathouse is torn up and now sitting on my brother’s boat dock and so is his boat. Still can’t get info from my brother. 

It was very difficult to get cell service during Katrina...........most everyone had to drive to the top of Pascagoula bridge and it was still a 50/50 chance you couldnt make a call...........Times have changed so hopefully you hear from him soon.......prayers sent👍

Made it up to Auburn. We don’t have a lot of family outside of PC but we have some family friends up here that we’re willing to take us in their home; even with two dogs and a mother-in-Law. They also got us tickets to the game so we’ll be there.

I finally heard from my PC folks.  Everyone is safe, major life changes will be taking place!

My brother’s house has a fair amount of damage and its long term prognosis is not known now. All utilities are shut down and not expected to return until December. Brother and wife will be leaving tomorrow to come stay with us for a while, then go to Va for a while (his wife has family up there).  Not sure when they will return to PC and may live in a FEMA trailer. 

My niece’s house will have to be bulldozed down.  They pretty much lost everything.  They hope to get a FEMA trailer soon. But her attitude remains good, as evidenced by this quote:  “you can tell that we are Southern because we still have our bible, guns and plenty of ammo!”

My two nephews from Boston and New Hampshire made it down and are going door-to-door to see if anyone needs medical attention.  The older one is a former SEAL and a medical doctor and the other one is a former Marine and currently a reservist   When some folks hear gunshots they run the other way   These boys run toward the gunshots   The older one did exactly that during the Boston Marathon bombing and was able to save some lives  

In short, my folks are safe, but mentally battered, with an uncertain future.

Zeek and Salty, I hope things are coming along for you!

Yikes.

That's something like 2.5B worth of air superiority fighter down the drain. 

Archived