Football Players Social Media

Zeek

We can keep this thread for if there’s ever anything interesting. What’s been catching my attention is the excitement of the younger guys right now.

We might be mass substituting some youth into the lineup.

I’m sure there’s more

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going out on a limb here.

Malik: stick with us because I believe we will get better. 

Schwartz: I guess people don’t believe that you can succeed if you’re fast? He disagrees. 

Asa: I guess just practicing hard, one game at a time, etc. 

"Stay down for the come up" - keep your head down and keep working. You're down but not out.

Schwartz can also be referring to the criticism that track stars aren't football players.

I think it means, “All you know-it-all’s at AUFam, need to shut your pie holes”! 😁

I'd venture to guess the biggest loser and winner on the offensive side of ball from last weekends loss will be Kam Martin and Asa Martin.

I could easily see the coaches go the youth route and get Asa more involved.  

50 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I don't speak tweet so none of this makes sense to me.

That's ok, Tweety doesn't understand it either. 

219nw0.jpg

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Going out on a limb here.

Malik: stick with us because I believe we will get better. 

Schwartz: I guess people don’t believe that you can succeed if you’re fast? He disagrees. 

Asa: I guess just practicing hard, one game at a time, etc. 

I'd almost guess Malik's hinting at a bigger role for himself since Schwartz seems to be agreeing?

No idea what Fasho means... Some music reference?

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

No idea what Fasho means... Some music reference?

"Fasho" = for sure

13 minutes ago, Linayus said:

"Fasho" = for sure

Ah..so another agreement with Malik.

Interesting to see if his role expands after Stids' poor performance...

28 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I'd venture to guess the biggest loser and winner on the offensive side of ball from last weekends loss will be Kam Martin and Asa Martin.

I could easily see the coaches go the youth route and get Asa more involved.  

I really wanted Kam to be the man this year but he has not helped himself out.  I’d like to see Miller get a shot till he proves me wrong.  Boobee and Shivers have risen above in my opinion.  Asa has the potential but hasn’t had that standout moment yet.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Ah..so another agreement with Malik.

Interesting to see if his role expands after Stids' poor performance...

Let's see, Willis can run but lacks touch on his passes and makes some bad reads. Stidham can't really run but lacks touch on his passes and makes some bad decisions. I don't know, sounds simple enough to me. 

30 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Let's see, Willis can run but lacks touch on his passes and makes some bad reads. Stidham can't really run but lacks touch on his passes and makes some bad decisions. I don't know, sounds simple enough to me. 

At least Willis can run.  So there ya have it.  Yep...simple.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

At least Willis can run.  So there ya have it.  Yep...simple.

My thoughts exactly. Seeing that the passing and decision making was heavily titled in Stidham's direction I was in agreement. Once that leveled out I think I'd at least give Willis a chance to show something. Probably why I don't coach at any level but I do make decisions every day and I certainly don't  stick with something that's not working. To paraphrase some Shark Tank guy, the University of Failure is a great learning institution. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

My thoughts exactly. Seeing that the passing and decision making was heavily titled in Stidham's direction I was in agreement. Once that leveled out I think I'd at least give Willis a chance to show something. Probably why I don't coach at any level but I do make decisions every day and I certainly don't  stick with something that's not working. To paraphrase some Shark Tank guy, the University of Failure is a great learning institution. 

Novel concept.  Someone should tell Gus that STAT!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Novel concept.  Someone should tell Gus that STAT!

Maybe Waffle House should keep getting his order wrong every time he goes in. Then when he asks just tell him that the cook just keeps making the same mistakes over and over. Suggestions have been made but the cook must be stubborn. :dunno:

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Ever since the LSU game it seems Shivèrs role has decreased. Is he hurt or what?

We only ran the ball 21 times last weekend....not much room for four or five different guys to get carries.. Kam had his chance and I bet be we won't see much of him....Boobee had problems holding the ball but when he was running he looked like an SEC back so he will be forgiven.....after that, even excluding Kam, we have four guys who are looking to get some carries.  We just need to control the ball better.   When we are passing almost twice as much as running, ….and the QB only hits about 50% the running game is not much when it starts 2nd and 10. 

Archived