Enough Negativity (merged threads)

tbone4jc

Why is everything so negative? This "fire this coach" thing is just ridiculous. Every fricking year , even when we lost the ship, thats all its been. Now its an avalanche of negativity.  For whatever the reason, the offense hasn't gelled. The play calls are on the OC. We could/should have beaten LSU & Miss St. handily but for too many missed opportunities. The o line is in a bad way due to the previous coaching and that is on CGM! He made the change. 

So many were complaining that CGM needed to let the OC make the calls, right? Now that the OC is making the calls, and he is, ya'll complaining about it.

For some of ya'll it doesnt matter what CGM does, says or who he hires he will never be good enough and then the ones on the fence migrate over with the negative side and now all I read is negative. 

I am not happy with the loses this season,. I've watched every minute of every game. You gotta have creases for a rb to run through and you gotta have time to pass,  neither of those are happening thus you have a scared qb and sub par running attack. 

IMO, many are jealous of UAT, they are a dynasty and Coach Satan has them on top. Thay pick and choose from the best of the best. Most everyone else gets the rest. They have the hogs up front, 5 stars across the board and a good coaching. When they graduate players or players leave early, they have replacements that are just as good or better. That qb was great before he stepped foot on campus, easy pickins.

We are not them, we have 3 and 4 star players and a couple 5 stars. When we graduate or loose players early, it hurts us especially the oline.

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum, even with the few negative nancy's but now its way too much. I mostly come here to check on recruting. Never on game day, after a close game or a loss. 

I dont care if the respones to this are negative, call me a sunshine pumper or an optomist, I had to get this off my chest.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The negativity is just people “venting.” They are upset and they are wanting to let their emotions out somewhere.

Ironically, science has pretty conclusively shown that venting doesn’t work, and actually makes you more upset. Rather than coming on here and posting angry statements, they’d be better off taking 24-48 hours off from the forum and Auburn Football and distracting themselves with something else that makes them happy.

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

The negativity is just people “venting.” They are upset and they are wanting to let their emotions out somewhere.

Ironically, science has pretty conclusively shown that venting doesn’t work, and actually makes you more upset. Rather than coming on here and posting angry statements, they’d be better off taking 24-48 hours off from the forum and Auburn Football and distracting themselves with something else that makes them happy.

Then lets all just come to a football forum and sing happy songs and kumbaya and roast marshmallows together! ITS A DAMN FORUM! THATS WHAT ITS HERE FOR! If you don’t like it then go start your own “happy happy joy joy everything is always sunny in Auburn” message board and quit telling other people how to feel or what to say! Geez louise.

5 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

“Ironically science has proven”....Really? Really? I bet you are just loads of fun at parties...

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

“Ironically science has proven”....Really? Really? I bet you are just loads of fun at parties...

I’m a scientist and I work for a rocket company. With those colleagues, I’m the life of the party.

Just now, AUFriction said:

I’m a scientist and I work for a rocket company. With those colleagues, I’m the life of the party.

I bet. Well, I can say this with all confidence...running an offense shouldn’t be rocket science but you may wanna check in with the genius and see if you boys can help.

7 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Then lets all just come to a football forum and sing happy songs and kumbaya and roast marshmallows together! ITS A DAMN FORUM! THATS WHAT ITS HERE FOR! If you don’t like it then go start your own “happy happy joy joy everything is always sunny in Auburn” message board and quit telling other people how to feel or what to say! Geez louise.

Not commenting on whether or not someone should come here with complaints. I do it too. Just saying that, if the goal is to feel better, it isn’t going to help.

Just now, AUFriction said:

Not commenting on whether or not someone should come here with complaints. I do it too. Just saying that, if the goal is to feel better, it isn’t going to help.

Don’t care. What would make me feel better is to watch a competent offense. I don’t need to vent to feel better, I have a life for that...and some Jack when necessary...

Just now, Mike4AU said:

For those who are blaming Herb Hand for the pitiful play of our OL, go watch Texas for a few games and reassess your opinion of Herb.  

not his players and Sam ehlinger is listed as a dual threat qb  so not a pro style

No offers of a scholarship can be offered until Gus approves them.  Our current Offensive linemen are not Herb’s players...they are Gus’ players.  Besides if Herb is all that bad, why did Gus hire him?  It is a complete and unsuccessful attempt to try to deflect our woes on anyone other than Gus.  

we have a coach with a team loaded with talent and yet cant du anything with it. Gus paranoia only allows him to hire coaches on the offensive side that have a connection to him and his system. He is poor at making adaptions and seems to think his offensive philosophy is still valid today even though every opposing team finds it as predictable as next day weather. He is leading another pre season team towards a likely 6 and 6 finish and possibly worse. Let's stop acting like their isnt reason for the fans to be upset. Unrest breeds change. its perfectly valid to vent whether in message boards or with their pocketbooks aka ticket sales. 

1 minute ago, shabby said:

we have a coach with a team loaded with talent and yet cant du anything with it. Gus paranoia only allows him to hire coaches on the offensive side that have a connection to him and his system. He is poor at making adaptions and seems to think his offensive philosophy is still valid today even though every opposing team finds it as predictable as next day weather. He is leading another pre season team towards a likely 6 and 6 finish and possibly worse. Let's stop acting like their isnt reason for the fans to be upset. Unrest breeds change. its perfectly valid to vent whether in message boards or with their pocketbooks aka ticket sales. 

16A89D63-9016-4172-8770-1635F785D543.jpeg

59 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Why is everything so negative? This "fire this coach" thing is just ridiculous. Every fricking year , even when we lost the ship, thats all its been. Now its an avalanche of negativity.  For whatever the reason, the offense hasn't gelled. The play calls are on the OC. We could/should have beaten LSU & Miss St. handily but for too many missed opportunities. The o line is in a bad way due to the previous coaching and that is on CGM! He made the change. 

So many were complaining that CGM needed to let the OC make the calls, right? Now that the OC is making the calls, and he is, ya'll complaining about it.

For some of ya'll it doesnt matter what CGM does, says or who he hires he will never be good enough and then the ones on the fence migrate over with the negative side and now all I read is negative. 

I am not happy with the loses this season,. I've watched every minute of every game. You gotta have creases for a rb to run through and you gotta have time to pass,  neither of those are happening thus you have a scared qb and sub par running attack. 

IMO, many are jealous of UAT, they are a dynasty and Coach Satan has them on top. Thay pick and choose from the best of the best. Most everyone else gets the rest. They have the hogs up front, 5 stars across the board and a good coaching. When they graduate players or players leave early, they have replacements that are just as good or better. That qb was great before he stepped foot on campus, easy pickins.

We are not them, we have 3 and 4 star players and a couple 5 stars. When we graduate or loose players early, it hurts us especially the oline.

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum, even with the few negative nancy's but now its way too much. I mostly come here to check on recruting. Never on game day, after a close game or a loss. 

I dont care if the respones to this are negative, call me a sunshine pumper or an optomist, I had to get this off my chest.

Surprising reference there. You are correct in the negativity but it seems it's always here (I'm as guilty as many) in tough times. People can express their opinions though and most are decent about it. One big disagreement though...no jealousy of Saban or Bama. Just aggravation maybe. Wins and losses do not define how we all feel about Auburn. Auburn is the greatest university, has the best people, awesome tradition in their on right and to me it's impossible to be jealous of another school or program. A bad Saturday in Auburn is still better that good day anywhere else. War Eagle. 

16 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

No offers of a scholarship can be offered until Gus approves them.  Our current Offensive linemen are not Herb’s players...they are Gus’ players.  Besides if Herb is all that bad, why did Gus hire him?  It is a complete and unsuccessful attempt to try to deflect our woes on anyone other than Gus.  

Because Gus and Hand worked together and designed offensive plays together. Follow Hand's previous offensive lines and see the regression they take. He's successful the first year, maybe two, and then they start floundering.

And it's not the linemen themselves but how they've been coached the last 2-3 years. Grimes could fix it if he sticks around but I don't think he will.

To the OP.

Your first sentence was the question.

You answered you own question with the rest of your post.

Until the miraculous offensive turnaround that I guess some expect is coming, what exactly is positive about staring another 4-5 losses in the face?

And why does everything go back to bama? I’ve seen very few of those who are tired of Gus say anything about what bama is doing. I for one couldn’t name more than 3 players on that team and other than highlights on bspn I haven’t watched a single down of bammer football. I worry about Auburn. What Saban is doing is unprecedented and no realistic AU fan expects anything like that so stop with the”we’re jealous of bammer” crap. I just want to watch a coherent offense and strive to win 10 games or more every year and be in the race at the end. 8-5 seasons should be the exception and not the rule regardless of what bammer is doing.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

UGAs had the #1 recruiting class in 2018, and they currently have the #1 recruiting class for 2019. They lost star players Roquan Smith, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, just to name a few. Currently, they're 6-0. Granted, they're in the weaker division, and their first real test of the season is this weekend vs LSU, but they're still in prime position to win their division. 

If other schools, like Alabama and UGA, can do it, there's NO reason we can't either. We aren't negative about Auburn because we hate Auburn. We genuinely do it out of love and wanting to see our team reach their fullest potential. That's why we get so annoyed and angry at the players and coaches and the program.

Good coaching comes in when you reload and have players ready to fill in those roles. No two players are the same, that much is obvious, but Gus Malzahn and company's job is to get these players ready and developed when their time comes. If you can't create with the most basic resources, you're not as good as you think are. Perfect the craft. The tools don't matter. 

2 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

UGAs had the #1 recruiting class in 2018, and they currently have the #1 recruiting class for 2019. They lost star players Roquan Smith, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, just to name a few. Currently, they're 6-0. Granted, they're in the weaker division, and their first real test of the season is this weekend vs LSU, but they're still in prime position to win their division. 

If other schools, like Alabama and UGA, can do it, there's NO reason we can't either. We aren't negative about Auburn because we hate Auburn. We genuinely do it out of love and wanting to see our team reach their fullest potential. That's why we get so annoyed and angry at the players and coaches and the program.

Good coaching comes in when you reload and have players ready to fill in those roles. No two players are the same, that much is obvious, but Gus Malzahn and company's job is to get these players ready and developed when their time comes. If you can't create with the most basic resources, you're not as good as you think are. Perfect the craft. The tools don't matter. 

Here here! Well said! 

BB0E5ECA-332E-485B-9F14-E4CD9A83861C.jpeg

21 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

And why does everything go back to bama? I’ve seen very few of those who are tired of Gus say anything about what bama is doing.

I would say it's not jealous of Bama.  But I would guess that to those who live IN the state, dealing WITH bammers probably does play into it some.

I know my brother couldn't care less about Bama but all the bammers he works with are insufferable so things like that probably feed the need to vent.

We got another poster bring up Nick Saban when it has nothing to do with him. Stop with the little brother mentality. Yes, I am specifically calling you out for having a little brother mentality if you keep referencing him to what’s going on at Auburn. The talent is not the reason we struggled to move the ball against Arkansas and southern miss. Saban is not the reason we loss to LSU the last two years. A curse is not the reason cowbell tech “upsetted” us the last week. Quit with the silliness. I am always going to support my Auburn tigers but that argument has gotten just as tired as the fire Gus argument. Gus isn’t getting fired anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

We got another poster bring up Nick Saban when it has nothing to do with him. Stop with the little brother mentality. Yes, I am specifically calling you out for having a little brother mentality if you keep referencing him to what’s going on at Auburn. The talent is not the reason we struggled to move the ball against Arkansas and southern miss. Saban is not the reason we loss to LSU the last two years. A curse is not the reason cowbell tech “upsetted” is last week. Quit with the silliness. I am always going to support my Auburn tigers but that argument has gotten just as tired as the fire Gus argument. Gus isn’t getting fired anytime soon.

008B5D53-9E99-4BE9-81B7-2D40B0D4627A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I would say it's not jealous of Bama.  But I would guess that to those who live IN the state, dealing WITH bammers probably does play into it some.

I know my brother couldn't care less about Bama but all the bammers he works with are insufferable so things like that probably feed the need to vent.

Maybe but I live with the idiots every day and just laugh at em. They do such a good job of living up to the cliches and parodies.😁

It's frustration. The foundation of this program is - to say the least - unstable. We don't recruit to need well, we don't evaluate talent well and we certainly don't develop it well. We have a backlog of QBs who will never see the field, running backs undersized for an offense that lives between the tackles and an offensive line that is weak, inexperienced and losing depth annually. In six years, there's been no serious change to the trajectory of the offense and our coach doesn't seem to be the sort to do so voluntarily. Being that he now has a buyout we can't afford to pay, there's not much leverage to make him change. 

This is frustrating. No, it doesn't do any good to vent...but that's the bulk of what happens on sports forums. 

Archived