tbone4jc

Enough Negativity (merged threads)

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

That’s ridiculous...we all know his name on here is Mikey and hiw wife on here is Tigerbelle...

belle is a pretty awesome lady for the record..........

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

You've got to be able to compartmentalize it. Frustrated about the offense and frustrated about some of the play-calling. Even a little frustrated with a few defensive miscues, but life is good. Football team will figure it out. It's mostly execution, I believe. Gotta make yourself be happy about other things..... like basketball???

Well, hockey season has started so there's that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, selias said:

Well, hockey season has started so there's that

horse hockey?   lol  helll naw........not during college ball even if we are struggling...............lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

horse hockey?   lol  helll naw........not during college ball even if we are struggling...............lol

I watch Auburn because I'm an alum. I watch Big 12 because that's fun football to watch. That's the extent of my CFB watching.

Hockey is awesome

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, selias said:

I watch Auburn because I'm an alum. I watch Big 12 because that's fun football to watch. That's the extent of my CFB watching.

Hockey is awesome

just picking...........i watch it some. i was told if i ever went to a live game i would be hooked forever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, selias said:

Hockey is awesome

Yep! And we have a hockey thread in the Non AU Sports thread, some need to join to carry on some entertaining banter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Thing is very very very few people on here are asking for him to be fired immediately.  Most everyone realizes we’re stuck with him for a while. Doesn’t mean we can’t express frustration. I know I personally have stated in numerous places I understand we are stuck with him. I even started a thread stating it. Just tiresome to see the “everyone is so negative and wants to fire everybody “ crap. You’ll be hard pressed to find any actual long time posters who are calling for an immediate firing.

Yep. It's not the long time or "known" posters. It's not many of those of us who are around during the offseason. They pop out of the woodworks and are usually low post counts. That does get annoying though. But the OP and why is everything so negative... It sure wouldn't be so negative if things actually looked good on Saturdays... LoL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Thing is very very very few people on here are asking for him to be fired immediately.  Most everyone realizes we’re stuck with him for a while. Doesn’t mean we can’t express frustration. I know I personally have stated in numerous places I understand we are stuck with him. I even started a thread stating it. Just tiresome to see the “everyone is so negative and wants to fire everybody “ crap. You’ll be hard pressed to find any actual long time posters who are calling for an immediate firing.

All us long time posters have been here and seen this same exact scenario play out like clock work for a few years now.  Nothing's changed, and very little is going to change. The drive-by posters upset the apple cart, get a little brash and too abrasive with their comments then more sensitive bunch get tired of it and everyone ends up lashing out.  I'm always skeptical when I see new faces on this board in the wake of a loss or when things get shaky.  Why aren't they here in the off-season, or after a big win, after a great signing class?  

The bottom line is that CGM is in his 7th yr as a HC - in that length of time we know what his management style is for a P5 program in the toughest division of CFB.  WE KNOW what we will get with him and WE KNOW he's here for a long while yet.  So we ride out this storm again, hope things improve again, hope for adjustments again, pray for change and enlightenment from this staff again and we WDE the whole way!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

JTIFWIW

That is a really long acronym.  :laugh:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Thing is very very very few people on here are asking for him to be fired immediately.  Most everyone realizes we’re stuck with him for a while. Doesn’t mean we can’t express frustration. I know I personally have stated in numerous places I understand we are stuck with him. I even started a thread stating it. Just tiresome to see the “everyone is so negative and wants to fire everybody “ crap. You’ll be hard pressed to find any actual long time posters who are calling for an immediate firing.

It may be in reference to the influx of new posters that came on right after the first loss and that is all they talk about.  Almost to the point that is seems like one person using multiple burner accounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

It may be in reference to the influx of new posters that came on right after the first loss and that is all they talk about.  Almost to the point that is seems like one person using multiple burner accounts.

I agree. But those of us who are long time posters and AU fans don’t wanna get lumped in with them simply because we are frustrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel like people have started to go after some players and if my memory serves me correctly is against the forum rules.  I am in particular thinking of the Stidham thread.  

Also, some of the new posters are creating threads within 20 minutes of each other sometimes talking about the same thing.  I think it might be best to start merging some of the threads or direct people to the meltdown thread so we can get some new topics on the board.  You can only say something so many times before it becomes tiresome.

I do think @Tigerbelle made a great point to remind everyone that although this is a forum, at lot of eyes are on this forum in particular.  Almost every article written on Auburn that had to do with the fanbase is sourced to us, even if no credit is given.  Players' families are also on here and can see what you say about their children.  Just something to consider moving forward.  Just like one of my mentors told me, "You never know who is watching."

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I do feel like people have started to go after some players and if my memory serves me correctly is against the forum rules.  I am in particular thinking of the Stidham thread.  

Also, some of the new posters are creating threads within 20 minutes of each other sometimes talking about the same thing.  I think it might be best to start merging some of the threads or direct people to the meltdown thread so we can get some new topics on the board.  You can only say something so many times before it becomes tiresome.

I do think @Tigerbelle made a great point to remind everyone that although this is a forum, at lot of eyes are on this forum in particular.  Almost every article written on Auburn that had to do with the fanbase is sourced to us, even if no credit is given.  Players' families are also on here and can see what you say about their children.  Just something to consider moving forward.  Just like one of my mentors told me, "You never know who is watching."

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve not once openly criticized a player. In fact, I never will because they are basically still kids. I blame the adults. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I agree. But those of us who are long time posters and AU fans don’t wanna get lumped in with them simply because we are frustrated. 

I don't think you are.  I think she was addressing those as a whole.  I think people like you make very valid points and when you make one you back up your train of thought which is to be respected.  I think it is more the new posters that they are speaking to.

 

4 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve not once openly criticized a player. In fact, I never will because they are basically still kids. I blame the adults. 

I didn't say it was you nor will I point out anyone as that just is not something I do on here.  But I think you can agree it has happened as of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abw0004 said:

I don't think you are.  I think she was addressing those as a whole.  I think people like you make very valid points and when you make one you back up your train of thought which is to be respected.  I think it is more the new posters that they are speaking to.

 

I didn't say it was you nor will I point out anyone as that just is not something I do on here.  But I think you can agree it has happened as of late.

 

3432245D-E6DB-4A5D-8B27-1275B1D258E0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a LOT more eyes watching Auburn football take the field on Saturday's than will ever see the comments on this message board.  The good ole "eye test" has raised red flags for weeks now with no end in sight.

I know for a fact that there are some super disgruntled Auburn posters flaming away, getting very personal and down right nasty towards CGM, some of his staffers and the individual players.  The media/journalists/radio talking heads feed off that crap much more than anything written on AUFamily - this place is mild and sedate by comparison and for that I thank the Mods.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

If other schools, like Alabama and UGA, can do it, there's NO reason we can't either. 

Until Auburn hires someone with dirt on Mark Emmert or until he quits, either one, Auburn will be unable to compete with what Alabama and Georgia have to offer.

Juss bidness...

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure i am upset but i am not angry like i was. other than venting about our troubles we truly are beating a dead horse on the gus issue. we have turned him up and down and inside and out. i do not believe we have missed nor left anything out concerning our opinions of gus. i guarantee you gus wants to win as badly as anyone else does.to say otherwise only makes some look foolish. look. maybe we are misdirecting our anger. we have had five whole seasons and a half of another one to know what to expect with gus. we can be brilliant or we can sometimes struggle. maybe instead of raking gus over the coals some of us need to redirect our anger to president leath. he is the one who jumped in there and gave gus that contract. so should we not place the blame on him? gus did not give himself that contract. what if we are making thing harder on gus to the point it interferes with his running the team. i wonder what our players think when so many of us threw the team under the bus.we got the not watching anymore until gus is gone. we got the wanting gus's demise crowd. we got the hope we lose the rest of our games crowd hoping it will bring another coach in quicker. the fact is as much as we bitch about.......and i am guilty as well.......we suck for the most part as fans. if i was a player i would be damned if i played for some of the fans. i would play for the team and the real fans that stand by me. everyone else can kiss my grits. you think our kids are not hurting as bad as we are? do we care about our kids or just ourselves? so maybe we should support the team more when they are struggling and need it. and maybe if we just cannot let that anger go then maybe we should redirect to our president with letters or emails. i expect to see this deleted but i hope not. it is a hard truth and some of us should be ashamed. lets light the board up showing our love for the kids and maybe we give some of them that extra little lift to play better. so lets try some positives in a time of hardship. it cannot hurt. and i am sure it is easy to google but i wish we had leaths email addy posted in this thread. so other than folks i have made mad who is with me? lets show everyone what auburn family really means.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always will pull for Auburn and the players representing that tag on the field.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After suffering through all the home games in 2012, I do not get a too excited after winning a big game or too low after a mindnumbing loss. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As frustrated as I am, my wife and I will be at the game Saturday  cheering as loudly as anyone for the orange and blue

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You should really break up that wall of text into paragraphs. 

Or use the shift key. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sure i am upset but i am not angry like i was. other than venting about our troubles we truly are beating a dead horse on the gus issue. we have turned him up and down and inside and out. i do not believe we have missed nor left anything out concerning our opinions of gus. i guarantee you gus wants to win as badly as anyone else does.to say otherwise only makes some look foolish. look. maybe we are misdirecting our anger. we have had five whole seasons and a half of another one to know what to expect with gus. we can be brilliant or we can sometimes struggle. maybe instead of raking gus over the coals some of us need to redirect our anger to president leath. he is the one who jumped in there and gave gus that contract. so should we not place the blame on him? gus did not give himself that contract. what if we are making thing harder on gus to the point it interferes with his running the team. i wonder what our players think when so many of us threw the team under the bus.we got the not watching anymore until gus is gone. we got the wanting gus's demise crowd. we got the hope we lose the rest of our games crowd hoping it will bring another coach in quicker. the fact is as much as we bitch about.......and i am guilty as well.......we suck for the most part as fans. if i was a player i would be damned if i played for some of the fans. i would play for the team and the real fans that stand by me. everyone else can kiss my grits. you think our kids are not hurting as bad as we are? do we care about our kids or just ourselves? so maybe we should support the team more when they are struggling and need it. and maybe if we just cannot let that anger go then maybe we should redirect to our president with letters or emails. i expect to see this deleted but i hope not. it is a hard truth and some of us should be ashamed. lets light the board up showing our love for the kids and maybe we give some of them that extra little lift to play better. so lets try some positives in a time of hardship. it cannot hurt. and i am sure it is easy to google but i wish we had leaths email addy posted in this thread. so other than folks i have made mad who is with me? lets show everyone what auburn family really means.

 

downloadfile-1.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now