Enough Negativity (merged threads)

tbone4jc

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

downloadfile-1.gif

do not hold back on my account. some folks will not like it and i understand.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You should really break up that wall of text into paragraphs. 

well you can spanke me ya just have to. i am a lazy typist.

if i listened to some of you guys i would never post on here again. oh wait....................lol

• WarTiger changed the title to Enough Negativity (merged threads)
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

There are one or two that I think wouldn't allow the micromanaging but still have the respect of Gus.

Would one or possibly both of them happen to be a former HC?

47 minutes ago, keesler said:

There are a LOT more eyes watching Auburn football take the field on Saturday's than will ever see the comments on this message board.  The good ole "eye test" has raised red flags for weeks now with no end in sight.

I know for a fact that there are some super disgruntled Auburn posters flaming away, getting very personal and down right nasty towards CGM, some of his staffers and the individual players.  The media/journalists/radio talking heads feed off that crap much more than anything written on AUFamily - this place is mild and sedate by comparison and for that I thank the Mods.  

I have seen stuff taken verbatim from this board show up in sports articles more than once. No one is claiming that this is the only board that they read.....they read all of them. But this board is not unknown or hard for anyone to google. 

i could be wrong but i am betting a lot of the low post count folks are trolls and are conducting a board raid. i have belonged to other boards back in the day that would make up names and go troll the mess out of folks altho at the time it was mostly the espn boards. i am betting most might not be auburn fans. aufam is different from a lot of boards as i believe they want to keep it somewhat sane for all family members and not just adults. that is my belief anyway.

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I have seen stuff taken verbatim from this board show up in sports articles more than once. No one is claiming that this is the only board that they read.....they read all of them. But this board is not unknown or hard for anyone to google. 

Just out of curiosity, what are the specific things you’ve seen that were on this board that showed up in articles?

1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

Most everyone realizes we’re stuck with him for a while.

It does seem that most understands this part. Being stuck with a coach for three years minimum that doesn’t evolve from some of his core HS principles is the frustrating part. Especially when during the offseasons we are promised more changes and greater complexity to our offense. We aren’t going to go back to the Barfield years though. We will continue having 8-4 seasons with flash in tbe pan moments. My infallible rule of thumb is that things are never as good or as bad as it seems.  I tend to believe my handy rule of thumb won’t disappoint here either. 

58 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if i listened to some of you guys i would never post on here again. oh wait....................lol

You are one of my favorite posters, so I would definitely not like that idea.

Just now, DAG said:

You are one of my favorite posters, so I would definitely not like that idea.

you as well dag. i learn a lot from your posts and insights. and yes i am an old retired stoner who is lazy and i know my stuff is sometimes a pain to read but i plan to be here until i kick. thanx for the positive. us geezers are not in fashion so every little bit helps......lol

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Gonna give that one a hard pass, fifty. 

just playing shocks. i am honestly not interested in you spanking me. i was hoping more for a " that bastid is crazy type things. have a good one

Just now, aubiefifty said:

just playing shocks. i am honestly not interested in you spanking me. i was hoping more for a " that bastid is crazy type things. have a good one

And I was returning the favor. War Eagle, bud. 

20 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Gonna give that one a hard pass, fifty. 

if i had been quicker i would have asked how hard. i hate when i think of great lines after the convo is over.

5 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

For those who are blaming Herb Hand for the pitiful play of our OL, go watch Texas for a few games and reassess your opinion of Herb.  

Go to Texas games.

That line was heavily involved in OU's 21 point 4th quarter comeback with penalties. Ehlinger also bails them out with his mobility.

They are better than last year, but McKnight the strength and conditioning coach is getting quite a bit of credit for the changes also.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

just picking...........i watch it some. i was told if i ever went to a live game i would be hooked forever.

Live hockey is great. The speed of the game is much faster live.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

Live hockey is great. The speed of the game is much faster live.

i was invited to watch a semipro game in b'ham and did not go.i regret it. they said the beer and the fights were great. and last i heard the team left or folded or something. but i tell ya what. if you remember give me a shout when a great game comes on and i will watch it.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I typically try not to respond to post like yours(not that there is anything wrong with them), but this part needed to be addressed.  You're right that Chip is calling the plays. However, they are not Chip's plays, concepts, or tendencies. Also, I've been told that Chip is having to run the plays by Gus before calling them, which can be seen with the slow communication to the field. JTIFWIW

I don't doubt that for one second. 

Don’t look at the offensive plays, look at how the defense is defending them.  When we got into SEC play the DBs are jumping routes (LSU, the first int) and the defense is putting 8 in the box.  It’s definitely Gus’ offense and plays.

2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

;)

giphy.gif

Positivity points for using anything Napoleon Dynamite :cheers:

8 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

8 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Just out of curiosity, what are the specific things you’ve seen that were on this board that showed up in articles?

I'll take a stab at this one.....

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/17/17867296/college-football-week-3-reaction-auburn

Auburn (lost to LSU, 22-21)

After a game that saw several key calls break against Auburn, fans maintained an even-handed attitude toward the refs.

This guy is in no mood:

The refs in that game should tender their resignations

But at least there’s a plan of action in place:

Let’s call the office Monday and let them know!!!

Except, that won’t work, because Alabama fans control the phones at SEC HQ:

You know those calls are screened by uat employees don’t you?

And you have to wonder how deep Bama’s influence goes.

When LSU plays bammer, you can bet the farm land from California to Maine that he will be called left and right for pass interference. I will be waiting for that game in that my point will be proved a 1000 times over.

There was agreement on that point:

the crew will receive their bonus from tuscaloosa. In tens and twenties

It’s difficult to overstate Auburn fans’ grievance at how the officials treated their team on Saturday afternoon.

This is an excerpt from a 247Sports message board post that makes fair points about the SEC, with all its money, relying on part-time refs. But this is the fun part:

Why is every Auburn-LSU game marred by biased officiating?

It seems the most prevalent characteristic of this series is that officiating contributes more to the outcome than in any other rivalry.

Who can forget the “Phantom Spot”, the uncalled blocks in the back, and now the extremely cheap PI that allowed them to win this game that, in contrast, paled in comparison to the one against LSU earlier in game that the official not only didn’t call, but shook his head at the Auburn receiver who asked for a flag. The officiating is ruining college football for me.

That game was stolen from Auburn

Worst officiated game i have ever witnessed. Holding penalties on offense, PI penalties on defense. No call PI when we are on offense.

frick LSU and those fake arse refs. Spotting balls a yard short the whole time for us and a yard further for them. Gifting a win to those corndog smelling, ***** gold shirt wearing, inbred gator shooting coonass mother frickers.

I hope their tires wear out unevenly so their steering always pulls to the left

Another message board poster, ugahater, weighed in:

Officials were bullsqueeze

I’ll give lsu the nod, but those last two PI calls were scripted garbage. Why? I dunno. But, they were scripted garbage. This game was stolen from Auburn. Fact.

Both teams had nine penalties. Auburn’s cost 20 more yards. Also, LSU got penalized for very briefly pretending to be Cam Newton, or something.

DnKU4f-UwAAdQol?format=jpg&name=small

Devin White doing the Cam Newton Superman celebration against Auburn 👀

An unquestionable Bayou conspiracy.

The only person in Auburn fans’ crosshairs as much as the refs was the head coach. There’s a large camp that says Gus Malzahn should go ...

... and this poster doesn’t even think he’s worth a discounted Xbox game:

Worst $49 coach and y’all don’t care.

He’s straight garbage.

... but there’s a lot of question about who should replace Malzahn.

And this is where we are now:

Bring me Hugh or Art.

IDGAF.

Hindsight’s 20/20, but:

We should’ve gotten Kirby

He’s a winner and will have UGA at the top. Gus is an 8 or 9 win coach at best.

There was dissent about whether the Tigers should even want Kirby Smart, head of 2018’s No. 1 recruiting class and very nearly 2017’s national champion:

Good grief.

Can’t stand him. Phony and a cheater.

WDE

Yeah, definitely not:

No please. Something about that goofy d-bag that annoys the crap out of me.

As with any school anywhere, Auburn’s problems all go back to one powerful entity.

ESPN & Auburn

Whenever ESPN hypes us up, we fall on our face. We (our coach) can’t handle the pressure it seems. This is the difference between us and our 2 biggest rivals who can handle the expectations and cash in with elite recruiting after being hyped over and over and over on ESPN. It’s a positive feedback loop and if we can’t turn this around, we will continue to fall further behind them.

It is what it is.

WDE

And you know who sets game times?

If it had been a night game ...

Auburn wins.

Those posts were flea'ed from this board.... 

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i was invited to watch a semipro game in b'ham and did not go.i regret it. they said the beer and the fights were great. and last i heard the team left or folded or something. but i tell ya what. if you remember give me a shout when a great game comes on and i will watch it.

Grab a NHL or least an AHL game. The best is during the playoffs cause the ref's make extra sure they don't decide the game. In fact, people sometimes complain that they let them play too much.

The fights can actually take away from the game, why you don't really see too many now at the AHL and NHL levels. The ones at the NHL level are the best though when happen, cause you know it was brewing and there is usually a history with the players or the teams.

Archived