Enough Negativity (merged threads)

tbone4jc

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Maybe but I live with the idiots every day and just laugh at em. They do such a good job of living up to the cliches and parodies.😁

I'm only assuming... I know that the leghumpers I lived among were awful, but that was before message board days...

Living in SW Fla, I only have to deal with Patriots, Giants & Cowboys HAHA...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm only assuming... I know that the leghumpers I lived among were awful, but that was before message board days...

Living in SW Fla, I only have to deal with Patriots, Giants & Cowboys HAHA...

Lol well I’m a Cowboys fan and my son is a Pats fan! Lol

What part of SW FL?

With the amount of money that Gus is being paid I wouldn’t think that the expectation to field a competetive team would be very unreasonable, but maybe I expect too much.  

9 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Lol well I’m a Cowboys fan and my son is a Pats fan! Lol

What part of SW FL?

Town of North Port, 30 miles S of Sarasota.  The new Spring Training home of the Atlanta Braves 😁.

Of course when we get to a point where I can, we're planning to move to Knoxville, TN to be close to family.  My wife's originally from there and my parents are in Ft Payne, AL so they'll only be 2-1/2 hours away too, as opposed to a 1/2 day trip now..

I liked the Cowboys WAY back in the days of Tom Landry but Jerry & Jimmy ruined them for me.  Course for the last 20+ years the NFL bores me anyway...  

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Town of North Port, 30 miles S of Sarasota.  The new Spring Training home of the Atlanta Braves 😁.

Of course when we get to a point where I can, we're planning to move to Knoxville, TN to be close to family.  My wife's originally from there and my parents are in Ft Payne, AL so they'll only be 2-1/2 hours away too, as opposed to a 1/2 day trip now..

I liked the Cowboys WAY back in the days of Tom Landry but Jerry & Jimmy ruined them for me.  Course for the last 20+ years the NFL bores me anyway...  

Nice. I’m a big Bravos fan so I will probably make that trip in a couple of years.

Yeah my uncle was a big Cowboys fan growing up with Landry and Staubach and such so he passed it on to me. They are hard to pull for now though for sure. 

The move sounds like it will be good for you. Blessings to you brother 

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Why is everything so negative? This "fire this coach" thing is just ridiculous. Every fricking year , even when we lost the ship, thats all its been. Now its an avalanche of negativity.  For whatever the reason, the offense hasn't gelled. The play calls are on the OC. We could/should have beaten LSU & Miss St. handily but for too many missed opportunities. The o line is in a bad way due to the previous coaching and that is on CGM! He made the change. 

So many were complaining that CGM needed to let the OC make the calls, right? Now that the OC is making the calls, and he is, ya'll complaining about it.

For some of ya'll it doesnt matter what CGM does, says or who he hires he will never be good enough and then the ones on the fence migrate over with the negative side and now all I read is negative. 

I am not happy with the loses this season,. I've watched every minute of every game. You gotta have creases for a rb to run through and you gotta have time to pass,  neither of those are happening thus you have a scared qb and sub par running attack. 

IMO, many are jealous of UAT, they are a dynasty and Coach Satan has them on top. Thay pick and choose from the best of the best. Most everyone else gets the rest. They have the hogs up front, 5 stars across the board and a good coaching. When they graduate players or players leave early, they have replacements that are just as good or better. That qb was great before he stepped foot on campus, easy pickins.

We are not them, we have 3 and 4 star players and a couple 5 stars. When we graduate or loose players early, it hurts us especially the oline.

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum, even with the few negative nancy's but now its way too much. I mostly come here to check on recruting. Never on game day, after a close game or a loss. 

I dont care if the respones to this are negative, call me a sunshine pumper or an optomist, I had to get this off my chest.

Pray tell, what does the current state of Auburn football, right now today on 10/10/18 have to do with UAT? 

What the hell are they doing to:

* cause this oline to appear ill prepared and down right weak?

* cause our QB to be skittish, off balance, and inaccurate at critical times?

* make the overall offensive production inept?

* infiltrate our Coaching staff, rendering them unable to to recruit to the need of this team?

What are they doing today to make Auburn "miss opportunities"?

Did Saban stop off in Starkville on the way home from Fayetteville and help MooState (with a 1st yr HC) control the damn clock for 42 minutes?  Did he shove some of his players up Fitzgerald's ass and push him through our dline to the tune of 200 yrds?  

I'm not going to call you a sunshine pumper, I'm going to call YOU jealous of a program that's currently playing no part in the current state of affairs of AU football.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Not commenting on whether or not someone should come here with complaints. I do it too. Just saying that, if the goal is to feel better, it isn’t going to help.

I disagree. I feel better knowing that others are finally getting fed up with Gus and his clown show. I was one of the most active posters on these forums for years and finally had to step away due to the incessant sunshine pumping. It was maddening. Now I come back and see that the tide has started to turn. I take great comfort in knowing that our fanbase isn’t quite as blind as I once thought.

And to the OP- man, people are different. I’m a naturally cynical person and the sunshine pumpers on here drive me nuts but I don’t feel the need to start a thread crying about it. 

So many were complaining that CGM needed to let the OC make the calls, right? Now that the OC is making the calls, and he is, ya'll complaining about it.

I typically try not to respond to post like yours(not that there is anything wrong with them), but this part needed to be addressed.  You're right that Chip is calling the plays. However, they are not Chip's plays, concepts, or tendencies. Also, I've been told that Chip is having to run the plays by Gus before calling them, which can be seen with the slow communication to the field. JTIFWIW

13 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Nice. I’m a big Bravos fan so I will probably make that trip in a couple of years.

Yeah my uncle was a big Cowboys fan growing up with Landry and Staubach and such so he passed it on to me. They are hard to pull for now though for sure. 

The move sounds like it will be good for you. Blessings to you brother 

Being in Gwinnett County (just NE of Atl) in the early 90's during the Braves playoff run was SO MUCH FUN!

It was like being near Auburn on gamedays except it was every day for weeks with t-shirt stands and ticket scalping.  Ah, good times...

IMO, many are jealous of UAT, 

100% wrong,  at least in my case.

Auburn deserves to be great because of Auburn.  What's going on with Auburn football should be unacceptable because Auburn deserves better, not because of what's happening at any other program in the country.  Tuscaloosa could be a really big septic tank on Jupiter and it couldn't have any less bearing on the need for our program to continuously improve, at least as far as Auburn people should be concerned. 

Glad I got that off my chest.  Hmm . . . looks like it's back to the lab, AUFriction. 🔬

Never mind, keesler said it much better.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I typically try not to respond to post like yours(not that there is anything wrong with them), but this part needed to be addressed.  You're right that Chip is calling the plays. However, they are not Chip's plays, concepts, or tendencies. Also, I've been told that Chip is having to run the plays by Gus before calling them, which can be seen with the slow communication to the field. JTIFWIW

I meant to address this in my response but got a little sidetracked. Gus will never be able to bring in a top OC because of his reputation for micromanaging Rhett and now Chip

2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Then lets all just come to a football forum and sing happy songs and kumbaya and roast marshmallows together! ITS A DAMN FORUM! THATS WHAT ITS HERE FOR! If you don’t like it then go start your own “happy happy joy joy everything is always sunny in Auburn” message board and quit telling other people how to feel or what to say! Geez louise.

No one is suggesting that. You're just unable to gain any perspective right now  But thread after thread after thread all saying the same things over and over and over....it has become toxic. And the lazy sports hacks come here and read, then they publish it as if they came up with it from their own research. I doubt that has a favorable effect on anything except their paycheck.

Everyone is aware that there are things that need to be fixed. Everyone knows the offense is struggling. EVERYONE KNOWS. It's not that anyone needs to be told anymore....it's that all of you Gus haters have to keep reminding other posters how you told us so.....10 million times......even though EVERYONE KNOWS Gus has made some critical mistakes as the head coach. Some of us would just prefer not to have that be the only topic. It just consumes the forum. The Gus hate does not need to fill every single thread all season long. EVERYONE KNOWS how all of you feel by now. Trust me on this.  I think maybe some of you haters just need to shut up about it for a while. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

No one is suggesting that. You're just unable to gain any perspective right now  But thread after thread after thread all saying the same things over and over and over....it has become toxic. And the lazy sports hacks come here and read, then they publish it as if they came up with it from their own research. I doubt that has a favorable effect on anything except their paycheck.

Everyone is aware that there are things that need to be fixed. Everyone knows the offense is struggling. EVERYONE KNOWS. It's not that anyone needs to be told anymore....it's that all of you Gus haters have to keep reminding other posters how you told us so.....10 million times......even though EVERYONE KNOWS Gus has made some critical mistakes as the head coach. Some of us would just prefer not to have that be the only topic. It just consumes the forum. The Gus hate does not need to fill every single thread all season long. EVERYONE KNOWS how all of you feel by now. Trust me on this.  I think maybe some of you haters just need to shut up about it for a while. 

Okie dokie 

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

729D9878-8953-4C53-BE10-34A080D68EB4.gif

Just now, chimes said:

I meant to address this in my response but got a little sidetracked. Gus will never be able to bring in a top OC because of his reputation for micromanaging Rhett and now Chip

And just how did that reputation get started? Mostly from message board talk which may or may not have merit? What person...who is in a position to know....actually said that about Gus?  I am not on either side of that issue. I just want rumor separated from fact.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

And just how did that reputation get started? Mostly from message board talk which may or may not have merit? What person...who is in a position to know....actually said that about Gus?  I am not on either side of that issue. I just want rumor separated from fact.

Oh for the love

I used to really enjoy coming to this forum, even with the few negative nancy's but now its way too much. I mostly come here to check on recruting. Never on game day, after a close game or a loss. 

Yet here you are. A few days after a loss to a team we should of dominated. 

As far as the rest of your post... 

People are upset. They have a right to be upset. As far as those calling for him to be fired, that's just showing their lack of knowledge. Gus has a MASSIVE buyout that will NOT be paid. Probably not next year either, no matter what happens. It's not going to happen. That just needs to stop even being said. 

That being said, that doesn't mean complaints aren't warranted. They are. The team has regressed since game 1. We have a championship caliber defense, but our offense is just terrible. One of the worst offenses in the nation. That should not happen at Auburn... especially with a so called offensive mastermind as the head coach. Every single bit of criticism about terrible coaching is warranted. This coaching staff has taken a 1st round QB and turned him into Clint Mosley. The complaints about the offense and seeing the same thing over and over are warranted. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

To the OP.

Your first sentence was the question.

You answered you own question with the rest of your post.

Until the miraculous offensive turnaround that I guess some expect is coming, what exactly is positive about staring another 4-5 losses in the face?

Especially with the talent this team has

56 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

It's frustration. The foundation of this program is - to say the least - unstable. We don't recruit to need well, we don't evaluate talent well and we certainly don't develop it well. We have a backlog of QBs who will never see the field, running backs undersized for an offense that lives between the tackles and an offensive line that is weak, inexperienced and losing depth annually. In six years, there's been no serious change to the trajectory of the offense and our coach doesn't seem to be the sort to do so voluntarily. Being that he now has a buyout we can't afford to pay, there's not much leverage to make him change. 

This is frustrating. No, it doesn't do any good to vent...but that's the bulk of what happens on sports forums. 

BDDADEE2-3C9D-4011-8CEC-3D7E2CC36CAF.jpeg

7 minutes ago, chimes said:

There are one or two that I think wouldn't allow the micromanaging but still have the respect of Gus.

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Pray tell, what does the current state of Auburn football, right now today on 10/10/18 have to do with UAT? 

What the hell are they doing to:

* cause this oline to appear ill prepared and down right weak?

* cause our QB to be skittish, off balance, and inaccurate at critical times?

* make the overall offensive production inept?

* infiltrate our Coaching staff, rendering them unable to to recruit to the need of this team?

What are they doing today to make Auburn "miss opportunities"?

Did Saban stop off in Starkville on the way home from Fayetteville and help MooState (with a 1st yr HC) control the damn clock for 42 minutes?  Did he shove some of his players up Fitzgerald's ass and push him through our dline to the tune of 200 yrds?  

I'm not going to call you a sunshine pumper, I'm going to call YOU jealous of a program that's currently playing no part in the current state of affairs of AU football.

Seriously ! Do you really think I am worried about Bama right now ? Lol. That team as they are right now, arguably may go down as one of the best teams to ever play college football. I don’t have time to worry about that right now as an Auburn fan. I am freaking worried about, if we may get upset by Tennessee this week and what it could possibly do to our recruiting.

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Wow tell us how you REALLY feel 😐

57 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

It's frustration. The foundation of this program is - to say the least - unstable. We don't recruit to need well, we don't evaluate talent well and we certainly don't develop it well. We have a backlog of QBs who will never see the field, running backs undersized for an offense that lives between the tackles and an offensive line that is weak, inexperienced and losing depth annually. In six years, there's been no serious change to the trajectory of the offense and our coach doesn't seem to be the sort to do so voluntarily. Being that he now has a buyout we can't afford to pay, there's not much leverage to make him change. 

This is frustrating. No, it doesn't do any good to vent...but that's the bulk of what happens on sports forums. 

Venting is one thing......continuous bad mouthing of coaches and players is quite another thing. No fan is happy with what has happened this season. But there are some posters who just cannot do anything but repeat and repeat and repeat. 

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If that is true, that is damn ridiculous and Chip needs to get out for his own career. Like leave, do not be the scapegoat.

1 hour ago, WDE0007 said:

Gus Malzahn and company's job is to get these players ready and developed when their time comes. If you can't create with the most basic resources, you're not as good as you think are. Perfect the craft. The tools don't matter. 

This right here.

Gus doesn't make the most of what he has. That's the primary problem this team is facing and that's what needs to change before y'all talk about other stuff. 

Archived