Benchworthy

AUght2win

I just wonder what Chip and Gus think when they watch this replay of the overthrow.

How can you play a guy so scared of contact that it's taking points off the board? Stidham may have all the talent in the world, but if you're too scared to play football, it doesn't matter. I think benching him would be the only way to send a clear message that he has to have more guts.

stid1.png

stid2.png

stid3.png

stid4.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take this to the AuburnBoard on the SECRant - they'll engage in discussion with you regarding this very subject.  

WE KNOW the issues over here and they've been beat to death.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Take this to the AuburnBoard on the SECRant - they'll engage in discussion with you regarding this very subject.  

WE KNOW the issues over here and they've been beat to death.

It's a message board. Nearly everything posted on here is beat to death. There's a weird sense of protocol over here. 

I for one have no issue with the post at all.

People complaining about it must like a dull board that gets less than 10 posts per day.

@AUght2win I agree. I think that benching him would be best. It may light a fire under his backside. The problem is, as bad as Stidham has been, what's behind him is worse.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

People complaining about it must like a dull board that gets less than 10 posts per day.

@AUght2win I agree. I think that benching him would be best. It may light a fire under his backside. The problem is, as bad as Stidham has been, what's behind him is worse.

I posted it mostly to take a closer look at what has been the most infamous play of the season, and show it wasn't a simple misfire. Jarrett missed because he was recoiling yet again. I didn't catch it the first time I saw the play, so I wanted to post it here for those who may have missed it too. 

I have no issue with the post.  But I will remind people to limit their comments to play on the field.  There's a fine line between criticizing play and player bashing.  Don't try to toe the line, stay well on the correct side of it.

From the Board Rules:

4) Leave Recruits and Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, that's what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. Saying that "the WRs underperformed" or "Joe Smith had a bad game" is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I have no issue with the post.  But I will remind people to limit their comments to play on the field.  There's a fine line between criticizing play and player bashing.  Don't try to toe the line, stay well on the correct side of it.

From the Board Rules:

4) Leave Recruits and Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, that's what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. Saying that "the WRs underperformed" or "Joe Smith had a bad game" is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

Can someone explain why my puke and rally topic got deleted. I sent a message using the contact us button. 

4 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Can someone explain why my puke and rally topic got deleted. I sent a message using the contact us button. 

i have had two topics deleted this week. one was a legit article from al.com. i would venture to say 99.9 percent of the times the mods are doing their job and are extremely fair. you can always ask an admin why if you need an answer. titan is one. titan is an admin. if he does not know he will point you in the right direction.

6 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

My guess is that someone was just cleaning up the boards a bit and the post didn't make sense to them.  We've had a good bit of spleen venting the last few days and everyone seems to want to start a whole new topic on it rather than join in on the other gripe threads, so we've tried to clear out some of that - merging similar threads or deleting others to allow for other kinds of threads not to get lost in the chaos.

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Those are annoying too. 

But a coach in his 6th year producing a bland product isn't? Some of you selective 'holier than thou' posters need to chill and live and let live.

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I just wonder what Chip and Gus think when they watch this replay of the overthrow.

How can you play a guy so scared of contact that it's taking points off the board? Stidham may have all the talent in the world, but if you're too scared to play football, it doesn't matter. I think benching him would be the only way to send a clear message that he has to have more guts.

stid1.png

stid2.png

stid3.png

stid4.png

We continued to play Sean White. Does no one remember Sean White doing the exact same thing? He was definitely a chuck-and-duck guy during his time here, always trying to protect himself from hits. 

5 minutes ago, boomstick said:

We continued to play Sean White. Does no one remember Sean White doing the exact same thing? He was definitely a chuck-and-duck guy during his time here, always trying to protect himself from hits. 

SW chucked and hurled due to lack of arm strength . Had nothing to do with him trying to protect himself. In fact,  him taking on defenders , instead of sliding is one of the main reasons he got hurt. He was very strong and steady in the pocket.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That is why Stidham is not "Benchworthy" and benching him won't all of a sudden send him a message and teach him that he needs to be tougher.  No doubt he's having problems, and he needs to work through his issues,  but he has not become a serious liability with fumbles and interceptions. A semi-productive running game would alleviate many of his worries, an oline with a backbone would alleviate even more.  He has experience vs the roughest and toughest the SEC has to offer, he's already faced some stiff competition, which is more than can be said for his backups at this point.  

I'm all for giving a backup some PT just to give Stidham a chance to see things from the sideline, read the defense in action, and settle himself down and re-focus.  But a green and inexperienced backup can spell disaster real quick with a shaky oline/running attack.

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I would say from that shot, if he would have been hit, it would have been a personal foul.  Stay up and take one for the team as they say

The question that keeps going through my mind is does he think the NFL will be any easier on him that college defenses? 

13 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I would say from that shot, if he would have been hit, it would have been a personal foul.  Stay up and take one for the team as they say

I felt like he was getting beat to a pulp vs that MSU defense, even after he handed the ball off or released the ball those guys were bringing the heat to the point where he took so many shots to the back & kidneys I was surprised he was able to get back up.  He took some for the team Saturday night and then he kept taking it because there was little to no protection, #70 got zero help blocking that DE that was gunning for Stidham  (was it Sweat?)

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

I felt like he was getting beat to a pulp vs that MSU defense, even after he handed the ball off or released the ball those guys were bringing the heat to the point where he took so many shots to the back & kidneys I was surprised he was able to get back up.  He took some for the team Saturday night and then he kept taking it because there was little to no protection, #70 got zero help blocking that DE that was gunning for Stidham  (was it Sweat?)

Ya Sweat, that guy tattooed Stidham several times including multiple shots in a row.

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

hell yes! i saw the same as well. thats why i get mad when someone calls hima coward. mr stidham is a man regardless of what problems he may have. i think he needs to learn to trust his line and i think they need to show him something to build that trust. when that clicks i think we click and everything falls in place.

17 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Ya Sweat, that guy tattooed Stidham several times including multiple shots in a row.

Some of those licks were borderline roughing IMO - one lick to JS's lower back/uppper hip area was brutal.

19 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Why Grimes didn't get an extra blocker over there to help out is beyond me  - the announcers played back one or two shots where Sweat was swinging in with a free shot to the QB.

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

Why Grimes didn't get an extra blocker over there to help out is beyond me  - the announcers played back one or two shots where Sweat was swinging in with a free shot to the QB.

Why the OC didn't call a play to have a RB chip him or throw quick screen to that side.  Something to counter that all out blitz rush.

Archived