Benchworthy

AUght2win

For those of you criticizing the living crap out of Stidham, please watch the link below. Its amazing what he can do when he has a pocket.  He steps up in it and drops darts. He's not afraid of taking a hit either.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

For those of you criticizing the living crap out of Stidham, please watch the link below. Its amazing what he can do when he has a pocket.  He steps up in it and drops darts. He's not afraid of taking a hit either.

Couple of things:

1. This video can’t tell you much because the best defense he faced was OU..those other teams defenses are a joke. He will have to learn how to handle teams with adequate pash rush, especially at the next level.

2. Stidham does throw a good damn ball and you can see it on the film. However, even with a clean pocket I see several bad passes. Hard to judge him on this because he was a true freshman. But unfortunately, he won’t be faced those type of defenses in the SEC or NFL.

I do agree that it is not all on him however. Offensive line has to be better, the play calling has to be better, etc. But he absolutely must play better as well. It is okay to say that.

35 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

We know the talent is there, but his head isn't right now. 

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

He was just a dumb freshman back then.  He didn't know the pain and intimidation that comes from standing behind the Auburn offensive line 😉

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

He was just a dumb freshman back then.  He didn't know the pain and intimidation that comes from standing behind the Auburn offensive line 😉

He didn’t have to play to not get hurt then either. I think that’s what’s going on.... Negotiate this season injury free, get paid next. The off-season surgery probably lingers in his mind, along with that struggling OL.

1 hour ago, kwagoner said:

He didn’t have to play to not get hurt then either. I think that’s what’s going on.... Negotiate this season injury free, get paid next. The off-season surgery probably lingers in his mind, along with that struggling OL.

I hope for his sake that he has a realist in his camp. There is absolutely no way with his play this year he gets drafted any higher than a 6th or 7th round pick at the moment. And that's based purely on potential. This isn't a slump. The guy has been exposed for lack of pocket presence. Unless he fixes it, he won't go high. 

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Couple of things:

1. This video can’t tell you much because the best defense he faced was OU..those other teams defenses are a joke. He will have to learn how to handle teams with adequate pash rush, especially at the next level.

I love you man.. But come on. Sec bias. Lol. I only counted Kansas once. Remember we got curb stomped by Oklahoma who should have beaten Georgia a year after and  we barely beat KState under Gus. Just saying. It's all relevant.

2. Stidham does throw a good damn ball and you can see it on the film. However, even with a clean pocket I see several bad passes. Hard to judge him on this because he was a true freshman. But unfortunately, he won’t be faced those type of defenses in the SEC or NFL.

Yep. He does. Did 

I do agree that it is not all on him however. Offensive line has to be better, the play calling has to be better, etc. But he absolutely must play better as well. It is okay to say that.

I agree. I love his bounce. His rhythm in these videos. I can't recall him having it with us. I'm convinced Gus plagued by only throwing deep. Gus is so afraid of turning the ball over it rubs off on our QB. We're screwed unless he changes

45 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Hey Rand I thought you were a conscientious objector to this thread.

Ha. I thought so too. But I'm also a huge proponent of healthy Auburn debate with Dag. 

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

To be fair I gave Oklahoma major props lol . But Lamar, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, SMU, Kansas? Come on friend. Those teams have terrible defenses. They aren’t comparable to UGA, LSU, Bama. Not to mention we normally face a strong power 5 team like Clemson.

Ask JS did he face anything like Clemson when he was playing for Baylor. I mean those are just facts lol. The defenses he faced in the big 12 are absolutely not what he is facing on a consistent basis at Auburn.  I would never disrespect Oklahoma . They are a premier team. But top to bottom, the SEC is a tougher defensive conference. That’s why someone like Texas Tech can destroy oklahoma state and compete with West Virginia but lose to someone like ole miss by 20 points.

Also just going to throw this out there, the 2014 Kansas State team, who we barely beat, was a 9 win team and they defeated OU that year. The 2015 Kansas State team, who JS faced, was under 500 and only won 6 games. 

Archived