Eli Stove Status

Auburn Kev

Gotta be redshirting. Tried him out and it didn't work. Another nice little perk in the new four game rule. 

Gonna be interesting next year though to see who's taking those speed sweeps now that Schwartz is also very good at it. Still think Stove is better. his agility and ability to cut on a dime and make people miss almost always ensures that he gets positive yards.

34 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Will Eli Stove play any more this season or will he be redshirting to rehab his knee further? 

I read in an article that he was pretty shook up when an LSU player went after his knee. I imagine he doesn’t have the confidence to play with it yet. 

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I read in an article that he was pretty shook up when an LSU player went after his knee. I imagine he doesn’t have the confidence to play with it yet. 

Care to link it?

5 minutes ago, selias said:

Care to link it?

I will when I find it. It was a Will Hastings interview from last week maybe. 

8 minutes ago, selias said:

Care to link it?

Found it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-receivers-Will-Hastings-Eli-Stove-may-redshirt-after-all-122502309/Amp/

“I would say, mentally, it’s definitely challenging," Hastings said. "I try to tell myself, ‘Don’t be mental about it.’ But it’s definitely hard when you know that you’re wearing a brace and you know guys are seeing it. Like, the other night, that dude went straight for Eli’s kneecap (against LSU). And I’m sure he didn’t mean to. But we talked about it after. He was like, ‘That dude came straight for my kneecap.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I know it, what the heck?’ You just kind of think about it because you know that it’s not fully 100 percent yet, and you don’t know the risk, because, like I said, it’s kind of a new surgery. You don’t really know how strong or how weak it is. Your mind tells you it’s strong, but really you have no idea with the knees."”

He needs to heal up and be ready 110% come 2019. I would love to see him back to his 2017 form.

Archived