What I want to see against the vols

doc4aday

If I could send a memo to Gus and he actually read it and implemented it, it would like something like this......

1. Throw the ball to the TE (Tucker Brown) at least 4 times or more for 10-20 yard routes and let him bull forward for YAKs.

2. Let Boobee touch the ball at least 15-20 carries

3. Let Asa Martin spell Boobee at least for 6 carries

4. Let Mallik Miller carry for at least 4-5 carries

5. Put Gatewood in for the wildcat formation at least 3-4 times

6. Run the jet sweep with Schwartz 3 times

7. pass in the flat with Shivers 2-3 times & 1 jet sweep

8. Throw long to Schwartz or Slayton or both 5-8 times

9. Throw a combination of slant, wheel route, bubble screens, and other mid routes of 15-30 yards 15 plus times 

10. Give Gatewood a chance to run the offense at least 1-3 series to see what he could do.

This should be in the neighborhood of 60 plus plays on offense and could come close to 30 plus minutes of offense.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If I could send a memo to Gus and he actually read it and implemented it, it would like something like this......

1. Throw the ball to the TE (Tucker Brown) at least 4 times or more for 10-20 yard routes and let him bull forward for YAKs.

2. Let Boobee touch the ball at least 12-15 carries

8. Throw long to Schwartz or Slayton or both 3-4 times

9. Throw a combination of slant, wheel route, bubble screens, and other mid routes of 15-30 yards 12-15 times 

10. Give Gatewood a chance to run the offense at least 1-3 series to see what he could do.

This should be in the neighborhood of 60 plus plays on offense and could come close to 30 plus minutes of offense.

save something for christmas doc!  lol war eagle my auburn brother!.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

save something for christmas doc!  lol war eagle my auburn brother!.

I changed a few numbers after your post!

Just now, doc4aday said:

I changed a few numbers after your post!

i hope you get most of your wishes doc.! a win for you is a win for us all right? war eagle!

23 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

@doc4aday  Auburn offense definitely needs 60 plays +.  Anything less than that and hold on to your butt.

We need 80+ plays.  We need all the live practice we can get at this point!

43 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

2. Let Boobee touch the ball at least 15-20 carries

8. Throw long to Schwartz or Slayton or both 5-8 times

9. Throw a combination of slant, wheel route, bubble screens, and other mid routes of 15-30 yards 15 plus times 

Ahh...it doesn’t matter. Just enjoy the game. 

Aim low and avoid disappointment 

i plan on pulling for the boys as hard as i can. i want to see tennessee destroyed. i want them to walk off the field crying so bad they start looking for their cell phone so they can call mama.   lol    sadly i have paid for that attitude twice this year but at 64 i want to have the most fun with my tigers that i can.

I want things that I know we won't see. For example:

1. I want to see us huddle. We are not running a hurry up anyway because we are so discombobulated. May as well huddle. Get the play right now that we have the time... and on that note since we are not running the HUNH...

2. I never want to see us run a quick run up the middle after a first down ever again. After 8 years, I am pretty sure the other team has scouted that one by now. It does not work.

3. I want to see accuracy by JS. Not just deep throws but the short ones as well. 

4. I want to see JS get rid of the ball quicker on designed throws like quick slants. 

5. I want to see the OL open holes for the run game.

7. I want to see the defense hold TN to 0 points.

8. I want to see a disciplined team - no penalties.

9. I want to see us score multiple touchdowns inside the red-zone. 

10. I want to win. (we might see this one)

I want to see Pylon cams.  I am pretty sure we would have won against MSU if ESPN had brought them to the game last week...

2 minutes ago, rexbo said:

I want to see Pylon cams.  I am pretty sure we would have won against MSU if ESPN had brought them to the game last week...

I don’t even think that’s an ESPN thing. I believe that’s regulated by the SEC. I could be wrong. 

I'd like to see a team that has a chip on their shoulders. I want to see players attacking the opponent, especially on offense. I want to see offensive linemen give maximum effort, and act like men, not three, or four standing around watching the RB fighting for extra yards. I would like to see linemen actually look like they take it personal when they get whipped on a play. For all our other problems, this team appears soft at least on offense. Mississippi State was the aggressor all night last week, and it has become that way far too often .

6 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I seriously doubt we are going to see Gatewood play. I put the chance at 100% he ain't seeing the field as a QB.

I am thinking we won’t see him at all before he puts in his walking papers..

I want to see a hungry football team hell bent on winning the game and executing at a higher level than at any time this season. Play angry!!!!

14 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I seriously doubt we are going to see Gatewood play. I put the chance at 100% he ain't seeing the field as a QB.

yeah. Not gonna happen this season unfortunately. With the new four game redshirt rule though, I don't understand why they couldn't have at least put him out there for a few plays just to see him live. They did it with Sandberg so why not let Gatewood have a go?

14 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

yeah. Not gonna happen this season unfortunately. With the new four game redshirt rule though, I don't understand why they couldn't have at least put him out there for a few plays just to see him live. They did it with Sandberg so why not let Gatewood have a go?

Because weve been nowhere close to dominating a game to the point of putting in our 4th string QB.  

3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Because weve been nowhere close to dominating a game to the point of putting in our 4th string QB.  

did against ASU. But I just thought they might have trusted him enough to run the wildcat for some short yardage things once or twice. They let Harold Joiner do it. I'd rather have seen Gatewood get those carries.

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

did against ASU. But I just thought they might have trusted him enough to run the wildcat for some short yardage things once or twice. They let Harold Joiner do it. I'd rather have seen Gatewood get those carries.

I would love to see what he can do as well, very hyped up recruit.  Unfortunately I don't think he is part of the game plan this year.

Archived