What I want to see against the vols

doc4aday

2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

I would love to see what he can do as well, very hyped up recruit.  Unfortunately I don't think he is part of the game plan this year.

I don’t think there is a plan at all for anyone. Him not seeing the field at all says something. Especially with the redshirt rule

5 hours ago, wcware said:

I don’t think there is a plan at all for anyone. Him not seeing the field at all says something. Especially with the redshirt rule

i think stidham will be it. i am thinking maybe they hope to correct some of his issues. also just my opinion i am not sure how bad the drop off would be going to another qb. personally i do not see another qb playing unless they decide to sit stidham to maybe get his attention. i would love to see mk, cord, and gatewood all play a few snaps. i would also love to see asa get more touches. i will predict we destroy tennessee. lsu was a hard loss to take but i think msu embarrassed our players and they come out like their behind is on fire. book it!. i should be here after the game but if not i will be here monday for any that want to serve me up some fresh baked crow................

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will predict we destroy tennessee. lsu was a hard loss to take but i think msu embarrassed our players and they come out like their behind is on fire. book it!. 

Time to bear down Gus!!!!! Nobody loves u unless u produce. That’s life. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would add a dash of consistency. stop getting away from the run when it's working. I felt that  oops ie was getting it done and then suddenly he got 1 to 2 touches out of ten snaps. 

8 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

did against ASU. But I just thought they might have trusted him enough to run the wildcat for some short yardage things once or twice. They let Harold Joiner do it. I'd rather have seen Gatewood get those carries.

Has everyone forgotten that Gatewood is injured?  Coaches said from the beginning he'd be out about 6 weeks.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:46 PM, Auburn Kev said:

I seriously doubt we are going to see Gatewood play. I put the chance at 100% he ain't seeing the field as a QB.

I thought he was the 2nd coming of Cam?  Seriously, what happened?

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

I thought he was the 2nd coming of Cam?  Seriously, what happened?

Who considered him the second coming Cam Newton? Better suited for TE/Slot Receiver role than QB imo. I've read and heard his attitude hasn't always been the best. 

12 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

I would love to see what he can do as well, very hyped up recruit.  Unfortunately I don't think he is part of the game plan this year.

I don't think he is either unfortunately. W JS numbers and play so far down this year, he has messed himself up as a high draft pick. Not sure he would want to return to AU though. I think next year comes down to CS and JG. Highly unlikely Nix comes in and takes the reigns. It happens, but not that often. I personally would love to see more of CS. I know he's been out of the game for a long time, but you can see he is an athlete. At this point, why do we need a huge lead to use one of them? Are they honestly going to do any worse? Not a knock on JS, but he does seem much more tentative and nervous in the pocket this year. Not all is due to OL either! Thoughts or opinions? 

I think you will get #4. Malik will play some early this week. I don’t know how much. Remember JS and Gus’s wife are tight. ( not in a bad way) but I think Gus has to treat JS with delicate hands.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Who considered him the second coming Cam Newton? Better suited for TE/Slot Receiver role than QB imo. I've read and heard his attitude hasn't always been the best. 

I respectfully disagree with you about Gatewood. If you look at his senior season at the IMG Academy, he put up some good numbers as a true DT QB. In reality, Gus will not let him see the field this season at the QB position and this is a shame. If we are up by 3 or more TDs, what harm would it do to let Gatewood show his stuff. The same goes with Cord. I see a lot of Brandon Cox in Cord watching his play at QB. Yes, he is 25 years old, but this should not be a deterrence to playing him. A 25 year old QB in the NFL is just starting to come into his prime so age should not be an issue with playing Cord.

If JS cannot get corrected to the degree he needs to be in order to win SEC games, a change should be in the tea leaves at the QB position. 

8 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I respectfully disagree with you about Gatewood. If you look at his senior season at the IMG Academy, he put up some good numbers as a true DT QB. In reality, Gus will not let him see the field this season at the QB position and this is a shame. If we are up by 3 or more TDs, what harm would it do to let Gatewood show his stuff. The same goes with Cord. I see a lot of Brandon Cox in Cord watching his play at QB. Yes, he is 25 years old, but this should not be a deterrence to playing him. A 25 year old QB in the NFL is just starting to come into his prime so age should not be an issue with playing Cord.

If JS cannot get corrected to the degree he needs to be in order to win SEC games, a change should be in the tea leaves at the QB position. 

Sorry to nitpick but he played at Bartram Trail HS.

I only know because they lost to Venice High in the state championship (Venice is right up the road from us).

On October 10, 2018 at 4:03 PM, doc4aday said:

If I could send a memo to Gus and he actually read it and implemented it, it would like something like this......

1. Throw the ball to the TE (Tucker Brown) at least 4 times or more for 10-20 yard routes and let him bull forward for YAKs.

2. Let Boobee touch the ball at least 15-20 carries

3. Let Asa Martin spell Boobee at least for 6 carries

4. Let Mallik Miller carry for at least 4-5 carries

5. Put Gatewood in for the wildcat formation at least 3-4 times

6. Run the jet sweep with Schwartz 3 times

7. pass in the flat with Shivers 2-3 times & 1 jet sweep

8. Throw long to Schwartz or Slayton or both 5-8 times

9. Throw a combination of slant, wheel route, bubble screens, and other mid routes of 15-30 yards 15 plus times 

10. Give Gatewood a chance to run the offense at least 1-3 series to see what he could do.

This should be in the neighborhood of 60 plus plays on offense and could come close to 30 plus minutes of offense.

I love numbers 1,2,3,6,7 and 8. I honestly think Cord is a  better option. I think his athleticism is better. 

44 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Doc,

Joey has to continue learning how to read a defense.   He may have had the least amount of snaps taken by a high school qb to get a D1 offer.  With his injury and all, there is maybe a chance he gets in for the last non-conference game.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Doc,

Joey has to continue learning how to read a defense.   He may have had the least amount of snaps taken by a high school qb to get a D1 offer.  With his injury and all, there is maybe a chance he gets in for the last non-conference game.

I just want to see him come in and run the offense just to see what he can do. Maybe I am wrong and  will be the first to admit it if he comes in a stinks up the field. He is an intriguing athlete and one I wish could get in the game to show what he has or does not have. I like Cord as well and he reminds me a lot of Brandon Cox. I know Willis is the 2nd team QB, but just has not shown much.

Archived