Hugh Freeze hired by Arizona AAF team as OC

Auburn2Eugene

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/former-ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-hired-as-offensive-coordinator-in-new-aaf-league/

Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze hired as offensive coordinator in new AAF league

Recognizable names from all across the college football coaching community seem to be pulling together as the coaching staffs for the new Alliance of American Football (AAF) league, set to launch in early 2019, continue to form. 

Set to launch after the Super Bowl on Feb. 9, with games televised on CBS and CBS Sports Network, the AAF hopes to the become the premier developmental professional football league. Teams will have 50 players on each roster, the season will only run through the end of April and the head coaches for the inaugural season include some of the most respected names in football. 

Rick Neuheisel was already named the head coach of one of the league's eight teams, the Arizona Hotshots, and this week he announced his staff, which includes former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze and longtime Oregon defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti. 

Neuheisel is happy to have Freeze on board and helping him with his first coaching opportunity since resigning at Ole Miss prior to the 2017 season amid both a personal and NCAA scandal.

"Excited to collaborate with Hugh Freeze. We cannot change our past, but we can learn from it and improve," Neuheisel told CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd. "Hugh and Jill can't wait to get back and I feel fortunate to be able to provide that opportunity."

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So does this mean so much for the idea of him being our next OC, OR would he leave that job to be OC at Auburn? 

I doubt we go after Freeze. This new gig of his certainly won’t be an obstacle though. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

I doubt we go after Freeze. This new gig of his certainly won’t be an obstacle though. 

It would just make sense for us to go after him. He is probably one of the few coaches Gus would get out of the way an allow to run his offense, rather than Gus being Gus and forcing his OCs to run the Malzahn offense. 

It could also and most likely would also rehabilitate both coaches image. Freeze from a look I run things the right way image, and Gus from a look I can get out of the way so stop calling for my job image. 

19 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It would just make sense for us to go after him. 

It would indeed. We’d definitely pay more than whatever Freeze will make at the alliance as well. Just depends on what PTB think about it I guess. It would certainly invite scrutiny. 

Not saying that HF is the Devil but I think the way the fan base is right now if he could get the offense working they would want
Gus to hire old Lucifer. For the record I am not there but I think a lot of people are.

5 minutes ago, bg5 said:

For the record I am not there

I am there. At the same time, I personally think Kiffin is the more evil diablo.

any of you fella's have a link for the b'ham iron? i would love to read in depth about them but all i can find are a couple of short articles. thanx..........just in case.

Glad he's back in coaching so we can go get him after he's had a year to get it all back. 

I really liked Chip's offense last season but he's having trouble adapting. Maybe he'll get it back, but he ended last season very poorly and hasn't been able to draw it up as well this season. Lots of it is player execution, though, which I understand. 

Edit: If Chip DOES find it again this season, I'm more than happy to eat my words and keep him around. 

AAF ….is it gonna be a renegade league....guys who can't coach anywhere else for one reason or another?   

On 10/11/2018 at 2:59 PM, aubiefifty said:

any of you fella's have a link for the b'ham iron? i would love to read in depth about them but all i can find are a couple of short articles. thanx..........just in case.

https://articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/09/birmingham_iron_building_roste.amp

https://articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/10/birmingham_iron_adds_former_au.amp

Archived