Turnover prop

aubiefifty

......what would it be? i have seen "U's and a dog collar. if we had one what would it be? what would you like it to be? or would you rather not have one?

A belt buckle inscribed with 3 and out, which is what the offense usually does after a turnover.

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If Auburn did a TO chain, it would suddenly be banned by the NCAA.

Improper benefits or something dumb like that. 

I think they are kind of silly myself. The first one I knew about I believe was Miami. After that it's just a copycat  thing. If the players like them then I don't care but I much prefer just going about your business and not calling attention to the fact that you did something extra. Just do it, get off the field and the offense needs to reward the defense with actual points. 

tough crowd.....................lol.  

1 minute ago, selias said:

I find them to be kinda dumb

i am all for it if the players like it. it might give them that extra step. football is hard but it should also be fun but that is just me.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i am all for it if the players like it. it might give them that extra step. football is hard but it should also be fun but that is just me.

Football should be fun?

Who you foolin'?  Don't you read this forum?  

It's life or death!

As for a turnover prop, I say just let them keep the ball.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I know what you mean but it shouldn't take a prop to make the game fun. My coach would've made us run the hill if we suggested something other than a championship as a reward for doing our job

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I know what you mean but it shouldn't take a prop to make the game fun. My coach would've made us run the hill if we suggested something other than a championship as a reward for doing our job

Did that make the game fun?

So Bama has been using a prop for years now with their WWE-style championship belt. Miami just made it popular because they have a legit gold and bejeweled chain (very fitting for that culture down there). But some of the other props these teams use are just bad. The MS State dog collar was horrible. The Vols trash can is fitting for their program right now. I just don't care for any of it. I think one team has a turnover THRONE now or some crap? Ridiculous!

13 minutes ago, Linayus said:

So Bama has been using a prop for years now with their WWE-style championship belt. Miami just made it popular because they have a legit gold and bejeweled chain (very fitting for that culture down there). But some of the other props these teams use are just bad. The MS State dog collar was horrible. The Vols trash can is fitting for their program right now. I just don't care for any of it. I think one team has a turnover THRONE now or some crap? Ridiculous!

Yep

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article217721700.html

Not a huge fan of the Turnover stuff because I think it’s tacky and it also singles out an individual player, when there are team elements that cause a lot of TO’s. On an INT, for example, there may be good pass rush, tipped ball at the line, other DBs and LBs having good coverage, etc. Just celebrate with your teammates and let that be it.

If it works it works... I think it has helped Miami because their players really thrive off of it. UF has been near the top of the takeaways list all year and they don’t do anything special. I think if the team’s culture allows it to be a beneficial thing then they should do it. Some of them are fun to watch.

Auburn with Gus and Steele has never really had that swagger element as a focal point so I’m not sure it would make a difference to the players.

37 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Auburn with Gus and Steele has never really had that swagger element as a focal point so I’m not sure it would make a difference to the players.

Their play speaks for itself. No prop needed. :)

i'm on board with the crowd who thinks they are silly. Especially now that they are all just copies of Miami. But with that said if the players want it and it makes them play even one iota harder then bring on the props!! If i was choosing....i say we do a fake eagle on the shoulder prop the players can wear. Think priate and parrot but bigger and more bad ass cause its an eagle!!

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

i'm on board with the crowd who thinks they are silly. Especially now that they are all just copies of Miami. But with that said if the players want it and it makes them play even one iota harder then bring on the props!! If i was choosing....i say we do a fake eagle on the shoulder prop the players can wear. Think priate and parrot but bigger and more bad ass cause its an eagle!!

Better yet, let them hold the ACTUAL eagle after a TO....

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Better yet, let them hold the ACTUAL eagle after a TO....

As someone who has held the actual eagle, no lol

Mainly because I don't want them getting a stress fracture in their wrist when the eagle starts to tighten those talons

Archived