GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Tennessee

RunInRed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some bad field position today.....and again...

Oddly enough, I thinking going for the 54 yard field goal there is what has finally broken me on Gus. Zero chance we make that, it’s going to get in our kicker head, it’s going to give away field position, it further deflates the team when they see the Miss, it has no value to us and only hurts the team. Just stupid.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

4th down and we will get the ball back.  Can we actually do anything with it is the question.   Maybe Davis can run this back.

No luck on that last part. He’s lost his mojo at punt return.

7 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

I have been saying all year fire Chip. He is calling the plays IMO. Now im saying fire Gus because he should have done something about it 2 weeks ago. Plus he can bench him

He's calling a list of plays Gus gives him. The trick play int was all Gus. Head coaches make those calls.

14 minutes ago, Ranger12 said:

I say it every single time we start a season with a high ranking and high expectations, and I said it to many this year; it worries me to be highly ranked and be talked about as national championship contenders before the season starts. Why? Because it seems like when that happens, we fall woefully short of those expectations. 

Look back at the seasons we started highly ranked and then look where we finished. Then look at the seasons we made a run at the NC and look where we were ranked pre-season. It seems are best seasons happen when expectations are low to tempered. 

Probably because it’s not normal for a team to start the following year worse then the previous. Every year we start at ZERO. It’s not the norm. 

I thought if the ball hit ground fair catch was negated. Just always thought that. 

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Well maybe just maybe Ole Miss? But I’m sure they will be a much improved team... compared to us

They throw the ball 50 times/game. Don't see that one turning out well for us.

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

4th down and we will get the ball back.  Can we actually do anything with it is the question.   Maybe Davis can run this back.

I say no. My guess, we either turn it over (pick-6 most likely), or punt, and Tennesse gets it back in our territory. Hope I'm wrong.

Just now, aubaseball said:

What???the defense has been as bad as offense.  Seriously.  

Lol really? If we didn’t have a D we lose against Washington, easy 

Archived