Fire Gus (merged threads)

AuburnTiger4Life

That’s it. I’m done. I tried to be positive but I just can’t anymore. He has completely lost this team. JS is somehow worse than Sean White now. Call the boosters or athletic director, whoever you need. I cannot stomach this for 6 more years 

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That’s it. I’m done. I tried to be positive but I just can’t anymore. He has completely lost this team. JS is somehow worse than Sean White now. Call the boosters or athletic director, whoever you need. I cannot stomach this for 6 more years 

I agree whole heartedly. It won't happen, but I believe he has lost the team and has now or is in the process of losing the fan base. They actually suck to watch. My 73 year old father has season tix and drives from ATL to every home game. He's asked me, but I refuse to waste a whole Saturday to watch division 2 football. This is my opinion so nothing anyone says against what I believe matters to me. I have been a fan since I was old enough to watch the game of football. I have never quit on the team and never will, but I believe this was the wrong hire from the beginning and anyone who knows what a football is should now be able to realize it as well. My guess is we are stuck with a moron of a coach for at least 2 more years so the buyout shrinks some. Of course very few coaches have the dignity to notice they are not good at their job and resign instead. AU has been and for the next few years will remain a mediocre program that has a good season every few years. What a waste of all the talent by a coaching staff that is being led by a blind moron of epic proportions. I will continue to love AU, but just like today, I am now going outside to do something productive rather than waste the rest of the day watching poor football play by the team I love.  

All joking aside. After today we will be 4-3. 5 games left. We beat Liberty, maybe split if we r lucky with Ole Miss and A&M and for sure THUGA and Bama take us behind the woodshed.  Does that not warrant CGM getting canned? 

only in a dream can malzahn edited to remove explicit term be fired with this contract...that damned leath is the one that should be fired for allowing this contract....malzahn could be a good coach but he doesn't have the background to adapt and make adjustments....all he knows is his system and is too arrogant to let anyone with a background control the offense....he has the mindset of a jackass

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

but he keeps doing it to the kid

If Bo Nix and his father are smart and he wants the best for Bo, then he should de commit! Maybe Bo has a winners personality like his father, but he would be throwing him to a lame duck coach who after today will have lost to 2 first year coaches and pretty bad teams at that. There are 4 more losses on this schedule. Ole Miss, A&M, GA and Bama. There is no need to believe or think this team will beat any of them. So 5 and 7 and 1 and 7 in conference. Chizik brought a NC and got fired 2 years later for going 0 for 8 in the conference. Malzahn is setting this program back for the next 3 to 5 years. Please prove me wrong. I don't need a stat guru to pump crap. I can see it w my own 2 eyes. 

On 10/13/2018 at 2:08 PM, doverstutts said:

only in a dream can coach be fired with this contract...that damned leath is the one that should be fired for allowing this contract....malzahn could be a good coach but he doesn't have the background to adapt and make adjustments....all he knows is his system and is too arrogant to let anyone with a background control the offense....he has the mindset of a jackass

you think? I would think loss of bowl game revenue and half empty stadiums would be more costly than contract buyouts

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I would fire him right now, name Steele the interim coach the rest of the year.

do you have the power to do that? cause that would be swell

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

In all seriousness....where do we turn from here 

Around!

😂

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

People are delusional if they think that Gus's contract keep him safe I don't buy that for a second.

it doesnt keep any other coach safe 

3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

thats a lot of money....after this year it would be 75% of 42 million

Try to negotiate it down or spread it out over a longer time frame.  I think right now we owe 50% of it now and the rest is paid over 3 years.  Offer him an extra $2M but the whole thing paid out over 8-10 years and he can keep the Ford F-150.  This has to end.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:08 PM, doverstutts said:

only in a dream can coach be fired with this contract...that damned leath is the one that should be fired for allowing this contract....malzahn could be a good coach but he doesn't have the background to adapt and make adjustments....all he knows is his system and is too arrogant to let anyone with a background control the offense....he has the mindset of a jackass

You just described the qualities of someone who has ZERO chance to be a good coach. His system is old and even highschools run it better. The president of AU may be so stupid he needs directions on how to open a door. Greene already made a great move in retaining Pearl, who unlike idiot can get more from less talented players. He won't get fired this year although he should be fired tonight. He has no dignity and is just a weak man. A real man would take the millions he's already been overpaid for and resign.

Archived