Fire Gus (merged threads)

AuburnTiger4Life

This season is so bad on so many levels. Not worth going over the recap of everything wrong. The #1 thing wrong is bad coaching. Please millionaire and/or billionaire donors put the fans and college football out of its collective misery and run Gus off right away!

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been screaming this for 4 damn years and nobody wanted to hear it.  How many QB’s does this make that Gus has ruined?  The guy doesn’t know anything about offense other than his own system which has been old new for the last 5 years .  Our program is now in shambles and will be for sometime until we get rid of this idiot.

Well he won’t be fired but I don’t want to hear that tired question ...who could we get that is better? There are several coaches who probably could Muster up a win against Tennessee with Auburn talent who are paid way less.

13 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

In all seriousness....where do we turn from here 

To the beer fridge if I could.

10 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Maybe Gus will quit and say he isn’t cut out for this?

doubtful

From the first day Jay Jacobs hired him, I said Gus was in way over his head. Gus Malzahn's coaching style fits someone like Arkansas State or a Southern Miss.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

From the first day Jay Jacobs hired him, I said Gus was in way over his head. Gus Malzahn's coaching style fits someone like Arkansas State or a Southern Miss.

Hmm. You may be on to something here. Think UCF would do a 1 for 1 trade with us on HC?

Edit: Or FAU

We won't fire Gus because of the buyout, but at the very least he should have to stand at the exit and let every fan that stayed kick him square in the balls on the way out.

Such an embarrassment. 

I thought a few defensive players quit early in this game. But yes I was a Gus fan. I still didn’t like the contract. We are stuck with him. 

Enough is enough. I'm the same as the OP. Tried to remain optimistic, tried to give Gus the benefit of the doubt, tried to believe we only needed to clean a few things up. What is obvious is that we have a staff of coaches who has underachieved almost every year with tremendous talent. I excused 2016 debacle because of a hurt Sean White and I even was willing to give in a little last season because we were one game away from the CFP and a healthy Kerryon probably would've had us there; but this is now obvious, Malzahn can't get us there. Every three or four years we will have about a 10% chance to get there, but we will not be competitive in the CFP until a change is made. Count me on board. I want a new coach.

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

Well at least none of the players have quit with the exception of Stidham. Apparently he quit during pregame

Stidham quit after Alabama State.

For those of you saying we are stuck with Gus's contract, the Athletic Dept. has the money to bring in another coach. There are donors who would be more than willing to pay off Malzahn's remaining contract. Would be tighter, but could be done. 

Gus has ruined  Auburn Football !

It was insane  to give him that kind of money. 

We will be at the bottom  of the SEC for years.

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well he won’t be fired but I don’t want to hear that tired question ...who could we get that is better? There are several coaches who probably could Muster up a win against Tennessee with Auburn talent who are paid way less.

People always reply with “there are better coaches out there,” but I have yet to see anyone mention names. Quality coaches are few and far between right now.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

People always reply with “there are better coaches out there,” but I have yet to see anyone mention names. Quality coaches are few and far between right now.

What happened to your prediction thread? I remember you got all upset when I challenged you on your opinion.

1 hour ago, Deemer 47 said:

I agree whole heartedly. It won't happen, but I believe he has lost the team and has now or is in the process of losing the fan base. They actually suck to watch. My 73 year old father has season tix and drives from ATL to every home game. He's asked me, but I refuse to waste a whole Saturday to watch division 2 football. This is my opinion so nothing anyone says against what I believe matters to me. I have been a fan since I was old enough to watch the game of football. I have never quit on the team and never will, but I believe this was the wrong hire from the beginning and anyone who knows what a football is should now be able to realize it as well. My guess is we are stuck with a moron of a coach for at least 2 more years so the buyout shrinks some. Of course very few coaches have the dignity to notice they are not good at their job and resign instead. AU has been and for the next few years will remain a mediocre program that has a good season every few years. What a waste of all the talent by a coaching staff that is being led by a blind moron of epic proportions. I will continue to love AU, but just like today, I am now going outside to do something productive rather than waste the rest of the day watching poor football play by the team I love.  

Trust me, Div II football isn't this bad.

13 minutes ago, mayor4522 said:

Gus has ruined  Auburn Football !

It was insane  to give him that kind of money. 

We will be at the bottom  of the SEC for years.

If we get rid of him now, and get a Bob Stoops, James Franklin, Art Briles, or maybe even Hugh Freeze, we will be better NEXT season bet on it. 

46 minutes ago, shabby said:

People are delusional if they think that Gus's contract keep him safe I don't buy that for a second.

I SURE hope you're right about that! 

Archived