POST GAME THREAD: AU 24 Tennessee 30 (merged threads)

Randman5000

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Actually, the defense played fairly well.  We kept them under 80 yards rushing.  Our DBs were in position all day.  Those back shoulder passes are almost impossible to defend.  Our DBs got out jumped by taller receivers several times.  We had a couple that didn't find the ball that could have been broken up.  I hate it but we have to give the UT QB and WR a lot of credit.  

I blame the coaches on this too. I can understand DBs getting beat and out jumped. But I can't forgive the lack of adjustments. It happened over and over. Along with the inability to stop 3rd and long. Inexcusable.

20 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Actually, the defense played fairly well.  We kept them under 80 yards rushing.  Our DBs were in position all day.  Those back shoulder passes are almost impossible to defend.  Our DBs got out jumped by taller receivers several times.  We had a couple that didn't find the ball that could have been broken up.  I hate it but we have to give the UT QB and WR a lot of credit.  

I know everyone says those back shoulder passes are impossible to defend. I agree. But why the **** does every team we play have a qb that can make that pass and receivers that catch f’n everything? Seriously Jabari’s Davis has his arm wrapped around the ball and couldn’t swat it out.

I very much believe Auburn High School could hang with us. If we spotted them 20 points they’d definitely win.

29 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

All of this is true and Gus deserves most every bit of 💩dished his way for the dumpster fire he has created of our program with Chizikesque speed. But... what a tool Crepea is to point it out when he has no association with AU any longer. Somebody needs to pound that dude’s face in just out of general principle

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I very much believe Auburn High School could hang with us. If we spotted them 20 points they’d definitely win.

If we spotted them 20, the final score would be 20-0. Its almost unprecedented, how bad our offense is. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

What do you expect him to say

Not sure. It's just a bit of a weird response. Guess it's better than throwing his OL under the bus but it comes across as a bit snarky. But i'm not there to hear the tone.

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

All of this is true and Gus deserves most every bit of 💩dished his way for the dumpster fire he has created of our program with Chizikesque speed. But... what a tool Crepea is to point it out when he has no association with AU any longer. Somebody needs to pound that dude’s face in just out of general principle

He has an association with Oregon though, yes?  Also, why so grumpy?

54 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Give Arkansas a discount?

They're improving each week. If they can get better with recruiting then they're going to be a solid team. That QB is a gamer. Putting 30 on Bama helped them build some confidence i'm sure. 

10 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

It is upsetting to see us waste so much talent. That is all.

Talent? where? Those young men are still playing at the High School level because of the lack of development on the part of the coaching staff. And the off. is still running the same ole high school plays out of the Gusbus book of football knowledge. Never knew that a high school coach could make SO MUCH MONEY. Folks, Auburn has been snookered BIG TIME. Doug Barfield was better than what we are seeing from Gustav.

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

What has this forum become? All this negativiteh is starting to give me the cramps. Somebody say something positive.

We probably don’t have to watch a bowl game this year!

Fire the staff. Maybe Steele stays. Bring a young guy in on a one year “prove it deal” if he proves it give him a 2 year “show you can maintain” deal. 

4 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

What has this forum become? All this negativiteh is starting to give me the cramps. Somebody say something positive.

"We're close to getting this thing turned around. Just gotta clean it up a little bit."

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

i already said somewhere gus' manboobs will shrink and lose some weight going forward as there is only 1 more possible chance of a waffle fat eating this year. or ihop or wherever the hell it was. maybe huddle house from now on.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If this is legit, I certainly don’t expect him to give some cutesy answer.

I hear you, I just thought the question was begging for him to throw someone under the bus. Better to give a "non-answer" than something you regret later on.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

If this is legit, I certainly don’t expect him to give some cutesy answer.

I think it's all in the interpretation.....

I thought it was an OK answer to a question that could be a minefield if answered in any depth at all.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think it's all in the interpretation.....

I thought it was an OK answer to a question that could be a minefield if answered in any depth at all.

not if he played like dog crap himself. responsible for 3 TO's himself and a negative TD.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I hear you, I just thought the question was begging for him to throw someone under the bus. Better to give a "non-answer" than something you regret later on.

Throw yourself under it. “I’m missing wide open receivers, throwing too late, not stepping up in the pocket, forcing errors, and overall not being the leader I should be.”

it’s not all on him but all you can critique is yourself.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Throw yourself under it. “I’m missing wide open receivers, throwing too late, not stepping up in the pocket, forcing errors, and overall not being the leader I should be.”

it’s not all on him but all you can critique is yourself.

That's right. 

Archived