POST GAME THREAD: AU 24 Tennessee 30 (merged threads)

Randman5000

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tigerbelle said:

That's still a minefield....

take it like a man and be a leader. QB's need to be a leader. have passion to want to be and play better. that shows nothing.

Seriously folks, this has got to be the absolutely worst O-Line I have ever seen at Auburn!  No technique, no push, no arm or leg action, and some of it has to do with their stance they set up in. I've seen a whole lot better o-line play and coaching from a few of the local high school teams in this area. There is no leadership in the o-line, they sorta look at each other like, Ok, maybe I can block this guy, then after the play, it's, was that my guy that got through? thought you had him, oh, ok, I got him this next play.

Just now, beaumak said:

take it like a man and be a leader. QB's need to be a leader. have passion to want to be and play better. that shows nothing.

It's obvious that JS is not a gregarious kid. He is what he is and the media could chew him up.

I bet he will take his share of the blame but that was a bad time to ask that question and they were hoping he'd melt down and make some good scandalous TV. They don't really care what he thinks. The media wants fireworks. He refused to take the bait.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Washington.... I’m so so so sorry.

I do feel bad for them.  I actually root for them in the PAC.

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

How about those two stud freshman though. Anthony and Seth Williams?

schwartz didn't even touch the ball the entire 3rd quarter. Not even sure he was on the field even though he was AU's best offensive player in hte first half. Touched it a grand total of five fuggin times. Swear to god Gus is just like, yeah he scored a TD move on to someone else.

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

They're improving each week. If they can get better with recruiting then they're going to be a solid team. That QB is a gamer. Putting 30 on Bama helped them build some confidence i'm sure. 

Correct

1 hour ago, thrustmaxwell said:

He has an association with Oregon though, yes?  Also, why so grumpy?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings James, lol

I have been on a plane from Europe to the States for the last eleven hours and missed the game. If someone doesn’t mind filling me in, how bad was the AU performance this week?

Just going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it is. It hurts, and it hurts deep, but just going to try to enjoy the sport that I love. War Eagle, let’s hope for better days ahead

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Just going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it is. It hurts, and it hurts deep, but just going to try to enjoy the sport that I love. War Eagle, let’s hope for better days ahead

Apathy is on the horizon...

40 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

schwartz didn't even touch the ball the entire 3rd quarter. Not even sure he was on the field even though he was AU's best offensive player in hte first half. Touched it a grand total of five fuggin times. Swear to god Gus is just like, yeah he scored a TD move on to someone else.

I seriously think we just call plays and use the personnel typically assigned to that play, regardless of how well they are doing. 

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Hey folks it could be worse. We could be...Nebraska

Nebraska has sucked for quite a long time. They have been irrelevant and even more irrelevant now. We were in the SEC championship last year. So no, this is worse.

I've been a fan since I was cognizant, I'm ready to start the fire and burn my stuff and the cognizance is from about   1962. I've not been a real fan since my kids attended in the 2000's  and it appeared to me the only thing AU was interested in was milking every penny out of me and my wife as long as they could.

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Hey folks it could be worse. We could be...Nebraska

I'd rather be TBH.  He'll have them heading in the right direction once he puts his stamp on them.  

Much better than a magical season to tease the crap out of the fan base and then trend down...

Archived