POST GAME THREAD: AU 24 Tennessee 30 (merged threads)

Randman5000

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I seriously think we just call plays and use the personnel typically assigned to that play, regardless of how well they are doing. 

this is most likely the reality. And it's so weird that it is. It's like some kids aren't even asked to learn the whole playbook because they don't fit the personell package for the play. Gus is so hypocritical though. All this personnel shifting telegraphs plays to opposing teams and also slows down the offenses's pace. He's just an imbecile. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUsince72 said:

I'd rather be TBH.  He'll have them heading in the right direction once he puts his stamp on them.  

Much better than a magical season to tease the crap out of the fan base and then trend down...

Yep, much different from a first year HC and a 6th year HC.

It's telling that this thread is only 6 pages a few hours after the game ends. It's not even worth getting angry about.

We had a taste of what greatness could be like, a few times, over the last several years. I made the mistake of buying into this as an expectation of the normal. Not anymore. Is anyone else old enough to remember the "war eagle anyways" days? Welcome back. 

1 hour ago, murpjf88 said:

What has this forum become? All this negativiteh is starting to give me the cramps. Somebody say something positive.

We are better off than the people in the panhandle.

We are not competitive and that bothers me worse than the losses.. too many mental breakdowns and not doing assignments.. a change is needed in more ways than one. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I do feel bad for them.  I actually root for them in the PAC.

Me too, good people, good coach, and I like the colors/mascot.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Thanks Gus or are you his son .

You must not pay attention to A4E's posts year round.  First observe.  Then comment.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just going to enjoy the rest of the season for what it is. It hurts, and it hurts deep, but just going to try to enjoy the sport that I love. War Eagle, let’s hope for better days ahead

Yep. I'm there too. 

And I'm gonna root for the home team. GO ARGOS!!

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3438387

Well folks, I've defended Malzahn through thick and thin. I watched an interior offensive line who absolutely would not block anything. I mentioned before watching Harrell still standing on the line of scrimmage as Stidham gets sacked and Whitlow scrambling on the fumble. (Watch the replay in that one, he looks like a background statue) Either Grimes, or Lindsey, or Gus needs to be held accountable for not yanking Horton and Harrell off the line four weeks ago. They have become liabilities on the offense.

The mismanagement of offensive personnel has finally broken me. I no longer care what Gus' fate is. In all likelihood there will be nothing done at the head coach position, and if we're lucky, Gus finds some assistant coaches that will win in spite of him.

Unless the PTB finds a way to get rid of him without going bankrupt that is...

No good assistant is going to come to this sinking ship as long as Gus is here. Face it folks as long as his buy out looms over our head, which it will for at least 4 more years at minimum, we are stuck with him and his assistants. Now he may fire a coordinator or position coach to sooth the AD and fan base,  but don’t expect a top notch one in return. Just get used to cheap tickets outside the gate for sale and increase your Tailgatedness .

First half literally put me to sleep but that's besides the point

I want Stidham benched just to try something new, but I cant blame him for some of what Im seeing in this third quarter. I dont know what Im allowed by the site to say about the offensive line that isnt positive, but these guys are really (antonym of good). Counting the fumble play in succession with the next drive, the OL had 4 straight plays where the line allowed guys to come in IMMEDIATELY. Now im not saying anything new to our loyal fans here, but even if we get a new QB in (we never will), hes gonna have to run for his LIFE. 

Now this isnt a thread absolving Jarrett of persistently hearing feet where they arent there and allowing that to blur his touch, but one has to give him that fair shake I believe. I think JB Grimes is a smart fundamental guy, but I dont even think whoever coached up the best Bielema OLine could make magic happen with this current stock of guys. They need to be built back up from the ground up, especially the interior guys. Truthfully, itd be easier to just gradually replace their starting jobs, so I hope we're recruiting hard positionally. 

Gus running a QB draw on 3rd and 4 when we've gotten no interior push this whole game just gave temporary blindness....and kicking a 50+ yard FG with all the pressure on his back when your kicker has proven he has no ability to kick from 50 out....Gus just gotta go IDK what else to say at this point. I dont think I saw anything new from this game that I havent seen before, so I hope the coaching staff just burns the tape and tries again Saturday. I wish the team the best

• WarTiger changed the title to POST GAME THREAD: AU 24 Tennessee 30 (merged threads)

Aww..MAN!

I thought the UT loss was merely a bad dream and had forgotten all about it but then somebody dredges up this thread..... SMH...

Archived