Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

James Franklin was my number one choice when Jacobs hired GM. David Shaw was my 2nd choice. Let's make a strong run at coach Franklin and coach Shaw. But if they turn us down, then we go make a heavy push for Brown, Clark, Aranda, Kiffin, Mark Stoops, Bob Stoops and forth.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoops, Franklin, Kiffin or Steele. Stoops being first choice. Recruiting like we’ve never seen with Stoops. 

I am so tired of hearing people say that someone would not be a good fit for Auburn. Like anyone really cares about ethics. We care about winning and as long as YOUR guy is winning then the ethics don’t matter!!!!

I think Patterson is realistic. Dont think Stoops, Franklin, or Art Briles are even close to realistic. Not sure Hugh Freeze is either at the moment. I'd take both both Lane and Bill Clark over Gus though in a heart beat. 

13 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

One of these threads has a list of some 15-20 coaches.  I believe, @corchjay or @bigbird came up with that and it was a very solid list.  Unfortunately, I don't remember which thread... someone else might remember?

I've stated more than once, I like the fight and attitude of Derek Mason at Vandy....they even put up solid fights against ND a couple weeks ago and UF today before things sorta derailed.  Much like Franklin stepping up to PSU, I wouldn't mind seeing what Mason could do with Auburn talent vs Vandy "talent".

I think it’s in the rivals section under the title top 10 coaches or something like that 

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I am so tired of hearing people say that someone would not be a good fit for Auburn. Like anyone really cares about ethics. We care about winning and as long as YOUR guy is winning then the ethics don’t matter!!!!

Sorry nobody in this thread has mentioned ethics. I was bringing emotions from another thread into this one.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I think it’s in the rivals section under the title top 10 coaches or something like that 

Sorry, I have a bit of chemo brain.  Thanks!

Everybody on that list (I'm sure the token Gus mention is gone now) I would take right now, over Gus...

Gary Patterson or Chris Peterson that would make my list to go and talk to. Among the two, I think we'd have a better chance of landing coach Peterson than coach Patterson.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

I selected other for 3 reasons:

1. Given the large contract, I think Gus will be given one more year.

2. All of these options either are terrible, are not a good fit for Auburn, or are probably too expensive given the buyout.

3. Given reasons 1-2, I don’t think he should be fired unless we completely lose out (including liberty). We may see corrections in the off-season that remedy some of the problems from this year. And, even if we don’t, I think we are better off waiting another year so that Gus’s buyout is lower (which will make our budget for a new coach higher).

What difference does it make if we beat Liberty but get curb stomped by UGa and Bama? Either way its 2012 all over again.

21 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Sorry, I have a bit of chemo brain.  Thanks!

Everybody on that list (I'm sure the token Gus mention is gone now) I would take right now, over Gus...

hope you're doing well man! Sorry to hear about the chemo. Don't let this Gus stuff stress you out too much.

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

hope you're doing well man! Sorry to hear about the chemo. Don't let this Gus stuff stress you out too much.

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, I've mentioned before that in my particular case, it's probably just as well that they're so bad at this point.  Apathy keeps me low stress at least LOL!

Brent Venables

Dave Aranda

Mike Norvell

Matt Campbell

PJ Fleck

Justin Fuentes

Lane Kiffin

Jeff Brahms

Justin Fuentes 

There are others including Mark Richt and more that I have not mentioned. Heck Will Muschamp could be a nice hire.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Let's add Orgeron to the list.  HAHA!

Just got on here to post the same thing. Crazy isn't it?

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Let's add Orgeron to the list.  HAHA!

He seems perfect fit right about now. We need a perfect fit. There’s got to be somebody. I am sick of high school, bmw dude. God help me.

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

He seems perfect fit right about now. We need a perfect fit. There’s got to be somebody. I am sick of high school, bmw dude. God help me.

Not even a real beamer....but a hybrid.  You're supposed to be an offensive guru....buy a gas guzzler V-8 or V-12!!

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I picked Franklin but i would love to have Dino Babers too.

I wish on Franklin but PSU to AU is lateral.  Unless he prefers the SEC....

I didn't vote Franklin because I don't think he'd leave Penn State.

Of the rest, if Bob Stoops is tired of retirement, I'd take him yesterday.  If not, I'd take Cristobal.  Doing a great job this year at Oregon.  Has experience as an assistant in the SEC at Alabama.  Good background with offensive lines.  Elite recruiter.

Lane Kiffin for me . I want a savage head coach . A guy that try’s to beat the brakes off his grandma at monopoly. He can recruit and win games 

Archived