Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

9 minutes ago, selias said:

I just don't assign a stigma to visiting call girls. 2 consenting adults participating in an activity that hurts nobody.

How about his wife and children? He didn't consider them when hoeing around.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, selias said:

I just don't assign a stigma to visiting call girls. 2 consenting adults participating in an activity that hurts nobody.

Gee, I wonder if Freeze’s wife and children would agree?

9 minutes ago, selias said:

Okay but you don't employ said adults to represent your university nor influence young people. 

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

How do you recruit in Stillwater, Oklahoma though? It's a miracle that Gundy has done what he's done.

The same way you recruit to Auburn. There is alot of similarities between the two cities. Both predominantly college towns, you go to Tulsa or OKC for events just like you go to Atlanta or Birmingham. The majority of parties are at fraternities or peoples houses/apartments. Bar scene is limited like Auburn, you got The Weed and Eskimo Joes. Have you ever been to Stillwater and participated in student activities?

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Oklahoma recruits nationally because they are a blueblood. OSU can't. State probably pulls most guys from Texas, being the 4th or 5th pick for high school kids in the lonestar state. I imagine it's very difficult.

From 1950 to today: 48.62 % of OU players are from Oklahoma and 29.86 are from Texas. North Texas is an OU hotbed especially Dallas which is to OU what Atlanta is to Auburn.

http://soonerstats.com/football/players/by-state.cfm

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

How about his wife and children? He didn't consider them when hoeing around.

Maybe his wife knew and didn't care? Maybe he was in a sexless marriage? Maybe, just maybe, it's nobody's business who makes use of prostitutes?

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Maybe his wife knew and didn't care? Maybe he was in a sexless marriage? Maybe, just maybe, it's nobody's business who makes use of prostitutes?

Good Grief. 

1 hour ago, selias said:

Probably hurt his wife and kids pretty bad.  Either way plenty of good offensive coaches out there.  Freeze comes with a lot of negative baggage.  What you’ve pointed out is just   a small part of that.

This thread reminds me of some of the coaches that were suggested to replace Chiz....Bobby Petrino got a whole lot of love, a few said bring Tubbs back, Mullen, Kirby Smart, Jimbo Fisher, Whitt Jr, and few others I can’t remember. Smart is the only one I think we might have missed, only because he can really recruit and learned from the best in the business today...lol could have been Pat Dye number 2. 

21 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

This thread reminds me of some of the coaches that were suggested to replace Chiz....Bobby Petrino got a whole lot of love, a few said bring Tubbs back, Mullen, Kirby Smart, Jimbo Fisher, Whitt Jr, and few others I can’t remember. Smart is the only one I think we might have missed, only because he can really recruit and learned from the best in the business today...lol could have been Pat Dye number 2. 

The only on that list I would have been ok with is Kirby but I would’ve worried about him bolting for UGA when that came open. 

11 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

The only on that list I would have been ok with is Kirby but I would’ve worried about him bolting for UGA when that came open. 

Me too..

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

The same way you recruit to Auburn. There is alot of similarities between the two cities. Both predominantly college towns, you go to Tulsa or OKC for events just like you go to Atlanta or Birmingham. The majority of parties are at fraternities or peoples houses/apartments. Bar scene is limited like Auburn, you got The Weed and Eskimo Joes. Have you ever been to Stillwater and participated in student activities?

Just could not disagree anymore. Oklahoma, as a state, does not produce talent. Stillwater, as a city, isn't as attractive as Auburn. OSU isn't a traditional power, like Auburn.

Are you really arguing that it's just as easy to get quality talent at Oklahoma State as it is at Auburn?

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

From 1950 to today: 48.62 % of OU players are from Oklahoma and 29.86 are from Texas. North Texas is an OU hotbed especially Dallas which is to OU what Atlanta is to Auburn.

http://soonerstats.com/football/players/by-state.cfm

From 1950-today, Oklahoma State has been a clear second tier team in that region. Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, and Texas A&M all get first dibs on that Tejas talent. Then the Pokes have to battle Mizzou, Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Kansas State for anyone who's left. 

Auburn is in the top tier of SEC powers. We have to compete with Bama, LSU, UGA, and UF, sure, but we usually pull in top 10-15 classes every year regardless. 

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

From 1950-today, Oklahoma State has been a clear second tier team in that region. Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, and Texas A&M all get first dibs on that Tejas talent. Then the Pokes have to battle Mizzou, Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Kansas State for anyone who's left. 

Auburn is in the top tier of SEC powers. We have to compete with Bama, LSU, UGA, and UF, sure, but we usually pull in top 10-15 classes every year regardless. 

What you originally said was that OU recruits nationally. The majority of their talent comes from Oklahoma and North Texas historically.

And remember since 1950 Auburn has what all of 1 more national championship in football than OSU.

OSU also has 52 team total NC's to Auburn's 16.

Anyway, my original point was the moment that he is 24-4 with those L's coming to Georgia and Alabama his record vs OU will be pulled, he will be labeled as can't beat his rival, he won't win the West, and the call for a new coach will begin.

Hate to break it to you, but lot of people consider Bama and UGA bluebloods and Auburn second tier to them, both in and out of the conference.

On 11/1/2018 at 11:50 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

What you originally said was that OU recruits nationally. The majority of their talent comes from Oklahoma and North Texas historically.

And remember since 1950 Auburn has what all of 1 more national championship in football than OSU.

Anyway, my original point was the moment that he is 24-4 with those L's coming to Georgia and Alabama his record vs OU will be pulled, he will be labeled as can't beat his rival, he won't win the West, and the call for a new coach will begin.

Hate to break it to you, but lot of people consider Bama and UGA bluebloods and Auburn second tier to them, both in and out of the conference.

I'll just leave this here.

FYI Auburn is 13th all time in wins and top 10 in monetary value. Keep arguing the program wedged between Marshall, Southern Miss, and Kansas is on par with AU, if you like!

Screenshot_20181103-030546_Chrome.jpg

20181103_030732.jpg

16 hours ago, selias said:

Hi Alex, I'll take things I don't care about for $1000.

Seriously, if someone wants to bang call girls, more power to you.

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

But he ordered them with the company phone didn't he?  I'm guessing that was part of his NCAA issues...

There's also the angle of him pushing his own holier-than-thou proselytizer image.

I think he managed to rub both really good Christians and skeptics the wrong way. The dude is a fraud on many fronts. 

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I'll just leave this here.

FYI Auburn is 13th all time in wins and top 10 in monetary value. Keep arguing the program wedged between Marshall, Southern Miss, and Kansas is on par with AU, if you like!

Screenshot_20181103-030546_Chrome.jpg

20181103_030732.jpg

Never said it was exactly on par. Just saying it isn't the trashy, wasteland you seem to be trying to make it out to be and that they have had a successful Athletic Department there. Which means quality coaches at that university have been able to recruit athletes in multiple sports.

Plus isn't championships the name of the game?.... so 1 more NC and 2 more conference championships. That really isn't that defining.

3 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Plus isn't championships the name of the game?.... so 1 more NC and 2 more conference championships. That really isn't that defining.

Dude I like you, but seriously?

The 1945 Oklahoma A&M football team was retroactively awarded a national title in October 2016 by the American Football Coaches Association.

In total, Oklahoma State has 52 NCAA team national titles, which ranks fourth in most NCAA team national championships. These national titles have come in wrestling (34), golf (11), basketball (2), baseball (1), and cross country (4).

The Cowboys all-time record is 566-539-47.

The Cowboys have won ten conference championships, six outright and four shared.

Season Coach Conference Overall Record Conference Record
1926 John Maulbetsch Big Eight Conference 3–4–1 3–0–1
1930  Lynn O. Waldorf Missouri Valley Conference 7–2–1 2–0
1932 Lynn O. Waldorf Missouri Valley Conference 9–1–2 3–0
1933  Lynn O. Waldorf Missouri Valley Conference 6–2–1 2–0
1944 Jim Lookabaugh Missouri Valley Conference 8–1 1–0
1945 Jim Lookabaugh Missouri Valley Conference 9–0 1–0
1948 Jim Lookabaugh Missouri Valley Conference 6–4 2–0
1953  J.B. Whitworth Missouri Valley Conference 7–3 3–1
1976  Jim Stanley Big Eight Conference 9–3 5–2
2011 Mike Gundy Big 12 Conference 12–1 8 –1

† Co-champions

So 2 Big Eight conference championships (one in 1926 with a losing overall record) and ONE Big 12 conference in 2011.

That is the definition of garbage.

Now if you want to talk 'Rassl'in, then I got nothing to say.  They are hella good.

19 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

If Gundy could take us 24-4 with only our losses to Bama and UGA I'd take it.

I'm now on the Gundy bandwagon. lol

4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Dude I like you, but seriously?

The 1945 Oklahoma A&M football team was retroactively awarded a national title in October 2016 by the American Football Coaches Association.

In total, Oklahoma State has 52 NCAA team national titles, which ranks fourth in most NCAA team national championships. These national titles have come in wrestling (34), golf (11), basketball (2), baseball (1), and cross country (4).

The Cowboys all-time record is 566-539-47.

The Cowboys have won ten conference championships, six outright and four shared.

Season Coach Conference Overall Record Conference Record
1926 John Maulbetsch Big Eight Conference 3–4–1 3–0–1
1930  Lynn O. Waldorf Missouri Valley Conference 7–2–1 2–0
1932 Lynn O. Waldorf Missouri Valley Conference 9–1–2 3–0
1933  Lynn O. Waldorf Missouri Valley Conference 6–2–1 2–0
1944 Jim Lookabaugh Missouri Valley Conference 8–1 1–0
1945 Jim Lookabaugh Missouri Valley Conference 9–0 1–0
1948 Jim Lookabaugh Missouri Valley Conference 6–4 2–0
1953  J.B. Whitworth Missouri Valley Conference 7–3 3–1
1976  Jim Stanley Big Eight Conference 9–3 5–2
2011 Mike Gundy Big 12 Conference 12–1 8 –1

† Co-champions

So 2 Big Eight conference championships (one in 1926 with a losing overall record) and ONE Big 12 conference in 2011.

That is the definition of garbage.

Now if you want to talk 'Rassl'in, then I got nothing to say.  They are hella good.

Dude, and if you read back most of this has to do with trashing the university's campus and Stillwater. I have no problem with stating our football program is better traditionally than Oklahoma States. But why go Alabama or OU and trash the campus and the town with such arrogance.

I used to use OSU as a reason that Auburn could have a good basketball team based off the similarities of the universities and the town.

I had two friends that scholarship wrestled at OSU. Don't make me send them to your house lol.

And remember this conversation somehow went from the town of Stillwater, to University of Oklahoma recruiting, then back to Oklahoma State.

The reason I brought up the other championships is to prove that you can build quality programs in Stillwater. Go look at their conference championships and NCAA appearances in both basketball and baseball. It is a fact that despite Auburn having a better football program that Oklahoma State historically beats Auburn in total in regards to the Big 3 in athletics.  Which means that Stillwater isn't some Siberian Wasteland that can't attract athletes.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:42 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

Dude, and if you read back most of this has to do with trashing the university's campus and Stillwater. I have no problem with stating our football program is better traditionally than Oklahoma States. But why go Alabama or OU and trash the campus and the town with such arrogance.

I used to use OSU as a reason that Auburn could have a good basketball team based off the similarities of the universities and the town.

I had two friends that scholarship wrestled at OSU. Don't make me send them to your house lol.

And remember this conversation somehow went from the town of Stillwater, to University of Oklahoma recruiting, then back to Oklahoma State.

The reason I brought up the other championships is to prove that you can build quality programs in Stillwater. Go look at their conference championships and NCAA appearances in both basketball and baseball. It is a fact that despite Auburn having a better football program that Oklahoma State historically beats Auburn in total in regards to the Big 3 in athletics.  Which means that Stillwater isn't some Siberian Wasteland that can't attract athletes.

We have gotten waaaay off course. The original point was Gundy has done incredible things at a traditionally mediocre football school, fighting an in-state blueblood, with no real allure or positives to win over recruits with (this is no disrespect to OSU's campus or anything, I honestly have no clue about it, but Stillwater, Oklahoma is not a vacation destination).

Nothing else matters besides making the point that Gundy has a PROVEN track record of winning with a lot of adversity. We'll need someone like that with Saban across the state.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:50 AM, Texan4Auburn said:

It’s no use Texas.   It is clear as day that some on this board have never been out of Alabama.    Think way too much about Auburn’s perception outside the state of Alabama.   As a matter of fact, most outside the state perceive AU as a cheating school that I have come in contact and discussions about college football.  

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It’s no use Texas.   It is clear as day that some on this board have never been out of Alabama.    Think way too much about Auburn’s perception outside the state of Alabama.   As a matter of fact, most outside the state perceive AU as a cheating school that I have come in contact and discussions about college football.  

This is unfortunately true. A lot of them also think we are in Georgia.

Archived