Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

What about Brian Bohanon from kennesaw state? Not a big name but impressive what he’s done

Dude caught everything thrown his way when he played at UGA. 

4 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Dude caught everything thrown his way when he played at UGA. 

The area helps but he’s turned KSU into a powerhouse in just 4 years

DANA #$%^&* Holgorsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I am talking about!!!! Going for the jugular and going for 2 and the win vs texas on the road. 

JEFF BROHM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3rd win over a ranked team this season with the W over Iowa today. DA VILLE is going to get themselves a good one.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

DANA #$%^&* Holgorsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what I am talking about!!!! Going for the jugular and going for 2 and the win vs texas on the road. 

Grier just won the Heisman I think too.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Grier just won the Heisman I think too.

Anyone but Tua is fine by me!!! Grier would be a heck of a choice. HAHAHAHA gah Swamp Donkey is a IDIOT for letting him get away.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Youch 

I KNOW! I had no idea it was like that for Big game James........

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I KNOW! I had no idea it was like that for Big game James........

Cross him out lol. 

So dan Mullen’s Florida gators lose to Missouri but Jeff Brohm’s boilermakers beat Iowa. College football is ridiculous sometimes 

So after the Corey Meyers affair you think AU administration would want to be reading stuff like this about the school?  

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/1/8/16857864/major-applewhite-kendal-briles-randy-clements-hire-houston-cougars

I doubt it... 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So after the Corey Meyers affair you think AU administration would want to be reading stuff like this about the school?  

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/1/8/16857864/major-applewhite-kendal-briles-randy-clements-hire-houston-cougars

I doubt it... 

You always trying to stir something up aren't you 64?! lol

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You always trying to stir something up aren't you 64?! lol

Truth......but the good news is that there are lots of good young coaches out there with no baggage.....I just don't understand the fascination people have with coaches who are almost guaranteed to stir up bad publicity for the school and / or bring NCAA investigators right behind them. :dunno:

Well after watching WVU beat UT in Austin Dana Holgorsen looks good. Their offense is fun to watch and going for two points to win and the plays called were a stroke of genius

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well after watching WVU beat UT in Austin Dana Holgorsen looks good. Their offense is fun to watch and going for two points to win and the plays called were a stroke of genius

IDK if he'd feel like moving at this point, but his scheme with our comparable receiver talent (and I mean comparable to peak 2012 WVU, not just Sills and the other nobodies) would be amazing here until we get the offensive line depth back up to snuff. Id hope he wouldnt go pure air raid though, thats just asking for trouble against a LSU or UA 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IDK if he'd feel like moving at this point, but his scheme with our comparable receiver talent (and I mean comparable to peak 2012 WVU, not just Sills and the other nobodies) would be amazing here until we get the offensive line depth back up to snuff. Id hope he wouldnt go pure air raid though, thats just asking for trouble against a LSU or UA 

WVU OL look very good I just kept wondering if we had that OL. Gave Grier all day to pass

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I am all for the air raid. Every coach we have ever had in our programs entire history would be described as a run first coach besides MAYBE Bowden. I am ready to have fun watching AU football again.  Running the ball all the damn time just does not do it for me anymore. The air raid with our talent with a coach like Leach, Gundy, Brohm or Dana would look like Oklahoma looks most weeks. 

checking out this Boise VS BYU game...Harsin would def be on my short list for HC. And side bar, I know Grimes and Gus worked together in the past. Maybe a return as OC/OL coach ...his offense has some fundamentals of what Gus likes to do..,

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Agreed.  Stipulate in his contract that he HAS to shave his head (sorry but that hair is crap and ridiculous) and also he can have all the beer he wants to drink but he absolutely cannot drive a vehicle during his tenure, so provide him with a driver and a car.  Also provide him burner phones for whatever reason he might need them for.  God Almighty I hate Texas and their fans.  I get more satisfaction out of their failure than I do from us beating Baman and Georgia in the same year.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am all for the air raid. Every coach we have ever had in our programs entire history would be described as a run first coach besides MAYBE Bowden. I am ready to have fun watching AU football again.  Running the ball all the damn time just does not do it for me anymore. The air raid with our talent with a coach like Leach, Gundy, Brohm or Dana would look like Oklahoma looks most weeks. 

I certainly dont want to be run first with the roster we have and not at all until we have another dual threat type of guy. BUT, you gotta implement the run a little bit. Id say that Purdue's style where they do make it a necessity to get the running game involved while spacing the floor and hitting quick tosses is more of what I want than just throwing 50 times and maybe having less than 10 runs, unless it really really works. 

I did check the stats and see that WVU has actually gotten the running game pretty involved, maybe thats due to realizing a harmony between the two choices or bc of how good their OL is like my guy said above.

Archived