tigerbrotha12

Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

Coaches  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

When I see that you have to go to 61st on that list to find a guy making less than $2 million/year....WTH? Man, our society is warped. And, any argument that the players shouldn’t be paid... I ain’t buying it.

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, fredst said:

When I see that you have to go to 61st on that list to find a guy making less than $2 million/year....WTH? Man, our society is warped. And, any argument that the players shouldn’t be paid... I ain’t buying it.

But the players get free meals and sweatshirts bro

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But the players get free meals and sweatshirts bro

I ran a 5k for the opportunity to buy a t shirt. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

TBH I really think we need a cold hearted killer on the recruiting trail. Kirby and Saban are both ruthless and if we want to keep up we can't hire a guy who's scared of stepping on toes on the recruiting trail or scared of blowing a team out. This may rock the boat for some AU fans that weirdly prefer the warm and fuzzy in the violent world of football but if we realistically want to stay on par with the main programs we compete with and judge ourselves against we have to hire a guy who is a real go-getter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

TBH I really think we need a cold hearted killer on the recruiting trail. Kirby and Saban are both ruthless and if we want to keep up we can't hire a guy who's scared of stepping on toes on the recruiting trail or scared of blowing a team out. This may rock the boat for some AU fans that weirdly prefer the warm and fuzzy in the violent world of football but if we realistically want to stay on par with the main programs we compete with and judge ourselves against we have to hire a guy who is a real go-getter.

I'm afraid until Emmert and/or Saban are gone, there isn't a soul in the world who can compete with the coldest, hardest recruiter of them all... 💸💸💸

13 hours ago, selias said:

Don't know much about him beyond he's OC for Okie State. His wiki is pretty thing. Can you elaborate on your reason for adding him? Just curious.

I had mentioned him a few years back, but just forgot to add him.  There are a few things I like about him. He is aggressive, his offense is dynamic and successful, he adjust to his team/player strengths, and a very good QB developer.

A good indicator for his potential is that when Saban was looking to replace Kiffen, he wanted and pursued Yurcich.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I had mentioned him a few years back, but just forgot to add him.  There are a few things I like about him. He is aggressive, his offense is dynamic and successful, he adjust to his team/player strengths, and a very good QB developer.

A good indicator for his potential is that when Saban was looking to replace Kiffen, he wanted and pursued Yurcich.

He just took Oklahoma to the wire and seems to do that almost every year.  If they only had a defense.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Didn't Yurich interview for the OC position in January 2017 and withdrew from consideration?