Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

I love how this has gone from mostly pooping on Brohm a few weeks ago to worrying about whether we can afford him now.  He is Petrino without the baggage and better recruiting.  We're gonna miss out on some great coaches during the Malzahn Error.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DAG said:

Well Purdue currently has the 24 recruiting class in the nation so that should be your answer 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah.gif

woo.gif

if I am Allen Green, my first choice would be Brent Venables, he has coached in a lot of big time games that meant something, his coaching tree is better than anybody that we could logically go after under the circumstances. when you factor in Bill Synder, Bob Stoops, Dabo Sweeney who else out there has his resume that we could realistically pursue, he would instantly bring respect back to the Auburn football program. I wouldn't think for a second that our recruiting would drop off not one bit because he is well known, and, he's been a part of the college playoff for two years.

10 minutes ago, TigerfanKM said:

Bill Cowher (a coach with a heart beat!)

We would have to give the players and coaches splash goggles to wear bc he spits when he talks.

On a serious note; after watching Bromm eat Ohio State's defense for supper Sat. night, he is who I want.

Get him a really good coordinator on d, such as Steele or someone of his caliber and I believe we would be set.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

We would have to give the players and coaches splash goggles to wear bc he spits when he talks.

On a serious note; after watching Bromm eat Ohio State's defense for supper Sat. night, he is who I want.

Get him a really good coordinator on d, such as Steele or someone of his caliber and I believe we would be set.

Which Brohm, though?   It's a no go unless it's a BOGO on the Brohm bros, bro.

It has to be a splash. Venerables is primed for a HC gig. I think he would relish the opportunity to go head to head with Saban and Smart. Now if you want somebody completely non Auburn and really piss Saban off get Kiffin, offensive genius and he may keep Steele. 

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Which Brohm, though?   It's a no go unless it's a BOGO on the Brohm bros, bro.

If he comes here he can bring his bro with him. Fine by me.

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

It has to be a splash. Venerables is primed for a HC gig. I think he would relish the opportunity to go head to head with Saban and Smart. Now if you want somebody completely non Auburn and really piss Saban off get Kiffin, offensive genius and he may keep Steele. 

I would've taken Kiffin in a heart beat a year ago, but he has not had a very good season this year. :(

I'm into Venables. I generally have said that hiring a defensive-oriented guy would be a bad idea when going up against Saban and Smart (defensive guys themselves), but Venables strikes me as being more of a Smart than a Muschamp.

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I would've taken Kiffin in a heart beat a year ago, but he has not had a very good season this year. :(

I'm into Venables. I generally have said that hiring a defensive-oriented guy would be a bad idea when going up against Saban and Smart (defensive guys themselves), but Venables strikes me as being more of a Smart than a Muschamp.

If going for a defensive coach, 1st call Aranda. Then, hang up and don't call anyone else. Repeat daily till he says, yes.

My number one attribute in getting a new HC is having a QB whisperer!  And I want one with demonstrated success of coaching a QB.  Given what we have endured in that area for too long, one would think the PTB should have that criterion at the top of the list. 

what does brohms brother coach? and is he considered a good coach as well?

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

what does brohms brother coach? and is he considered a good coach as well?

Jeff's brother is Brian.  He's Co-OC and QB coach @ Purdue.  They just whipped tOSU.  Probably doesn't suck.

Just give me Mike Leach. If he was willing to go to frickin Rocky Top he would walk over hot coals to come here. Anyone who can do what he is doing in freaking Pullman, Washington has my attention. Plus having a passing attack like his every week would be so fun to get to look forward to every week. It would inject some much needed fun back in to Auburn Football.

52 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Cannot be put off by subpar year if Kiffin is your guy. I know I am not. I still want him. I think he has one of the highest upside of the realistic candidates but also one of the lowest floors and it could blow up tremendously. BUT I am all about big risks. Enough of these "safe" hires lol.

I struggle with the notion of getting Kiffin as our HC.  I think his highest and best use in football is as an OC.  He is an entertaining guy, but, ultimately, I just have a difficult time seeing him as a good HC. 

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just give me Mike Leach. If he was willing to go to frickin Rocky Top he would walk over hot coals to come here. Anyone who can do what he is doing in freaking Pullman, Washington has my attention. Plus having a passing attack like his every week would be so fun to get to look forward to every week. It would inject some much needed fun back in to Auburn Football.

And the press conferences would be outstanding 

27 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

And the press conferences would be outstanding 

Omgsh THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!! Gus has to be the most boring coach ever when it comes to entertainment in regards to his pressers! lol.

This is nothing new...Urban Meyer has blown a game or two at OSU damn near every season he has been there....was it Iowa last year..Vatech a few years ago? So one of the big premises of hiring Brohm is due to his big win over tOSU? His 3 losses don’t concern some? I mean some say that’s the beef with Gus, the losses to inferior teams...looks like Brohm has had a few as well, and this season. If I fork over 32 mill im swinging for (HC) Chris Petersen, Dantonio, Brian Harsin, Justin Fuentes, I’d even kick the tires on Neal Brown. As for coordinators, Aranda, Venables, Mike Locksley, Mel Tucker, and Beamer

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

This is nothing new...Urban Meyer has blown a game or two at OSU damn near every season he has been there....was it Iowa last year..Vatech a few years ago? So one of the big premises of hiring Brohm is due to his big win over tOSU? His 3 losses don’t concern some? I mean some say that’s the beef with Gus, the losses to inferior teams...looks like Brohm has had a few as well, and this season. If I fork over 32 mill im swinging for (HC) Chris Petersen, Dantonio, Brian Harsin, Justin Fuentes, I’d even kick the tires on Neal Brown. As for coordinators, Aranda, Venables, Mike Locksley, Mel Tucker, and Beamer

Yes because all things are equal here. Purdues program is TOTALLY at the level that Auburns is historically. Purdue and Auburns talent level are comparable as well........... Come on man. I mean really? Can you really not see the vast difference in losing 3 games at purdue in comparison to Auburn?

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yes because all things are equal here. Purdues program is TOTALLY at the level that Auburns is historically. Purdue and Auburns talent level are comparable as well........... Come on man. I mean really? Can you really not see the vast difference in losing 3 games at purdue in comparison to Auburn?

I don’t think Purdue and their 3/4 million coach should ever lose to Eastern Michigan just like some feel Auburn and it’s 49 million dollar coach should not lose to Miss St. There are no guarantees he can do more with Auburn’s talent vs the other quality coaches and talent in this conference.  I would like to see him prove it a little bit more before us getting giddy over a lightning in a bottle game over tOSU. Go after the proven guys who have done it consistently, before talking with the Jeff Brohm’s 

Reportedly some tension between Meyer & Ohio State. Hopefully Ohio State agrees to part ways with Meyer and go after Bob Stoops. If that’s the case, I would take Meyer in a heart beat!

Archived