Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Like you'd actually charge a fellow tiger.  You.  Always the kidder.  :D

I love money plus you wouldn't be the first tiger I charged

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I love money plus you wouldn't be the first tiger I charged

LOL!  Cut it out!  You're hilarious!  

Let me apologize for my last post. It was written hastily and did not follow a good flow. I have been an Auburn fan my whole life. I had dreams of playing college ball, but my path went a different direction. However, I still love to watch Auburn Football; but I can not stand to watch this coach continue to be praised for a mediocre job. The plays are telegraphed. The wildcat offense is no longer a mystery! The defense is not as creative as it used to be. You can say that "the defensive coach is at fault there", but as the head coach you have to know when to step in and take control. We had the team to beat Tennessee, but did not make the necessary adjustments until it was to late. That has been the problem this entire season.  LSU won by stupid penalties and Miss State simply out played us. I still do not agree with that last touchdown call for Miss State. He was clearly down before crossing the plane. My point is that Malzahn does not appear to be an elite coach. I have never bought into the mad scientist hype that surrounds him. I would like to see a definite change in the HC position. Has anyone considered bringing back Tuberville?  

42 minutes ago, Eagleclaw said:

Let me apologize for my last post. It was written hastily and did not follow a good flow. I have been an Auburn fan my whole life. I had dreams of playing college ball, but my path went a different direction. However, I still love to watch Auburn Football; but I can not stand to watch this coach continue to be praised for a mediocre job. The plays are telegraphed. The wildcat offense is no longer a mystery! The defense is not as creative as it used to be. You can say that "the defensive coach is at fault there", but as the head coach you have to know when to step in and take control. We had the team to beat Tennessee, but did not make the necessary adjustments until it was to late. That has been the problem this entire season.  LSU won by stupid penalties and Miss State simply out played us. I still do not agree with that last touchdown call for Miss State. He was clearly down before crossing the plane. My point is that Malzahn does not appear to be an elite coach. I have never bought into the mad scientist hype that surrounds him. I would like to see a definite change in the HC position. Has anyone considered bringing back Tuberville?  

No.

1 hour ago, Eagleclaw said:

Malzhan does not appear to be an elite coach 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bd1c7b3427239366f

Has anyone considered bringing Tuberville back?

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bd1c807386a317955

18 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

47A2F30E-A6DA-432F-8E88-302B891DD2B9.jpeg

Funny!!! But I think many fans want Gus fired at this point no matter how we finish the year.

1 hour ago, Eagleclaw said:

LOL 

19 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I think people undervalue Arkansas.   Arkansas has history.  You can win at Arkansas.  I would also go out on a limb and say it’s easier to maintain and win at Arkansas than it is at auburn.   

I am respectfully going to say I could not disagree more with this post. Can you dive into this so I can follow your logic?

4 hours ago, AURealist said:

No.

you disagree, but the numbers are Tuberville is 85-40 overall record at auburn, 4-3 winning record vs Saben and 5-3 in bowl games. Malzahn is currently 50-25 overall record, 1-3 against Saben and 1-4 in bowl games. I do admit Tuberville did lose steam toward the end and was at Auburn 2 years longer than Malzhn at this point. Also how many undefeated seasons has Malzahn had? Tuberville is the only coach to beat Alabama 6 yrs in row.

4 minutes ago, Eagleclaw said:

you disagree, but the numbers are Tuberville is 85-40 overall record at auburn, 4-3 winning record vs Saben and 5-3 in bowl games. Malzahn is currently 50-25 overall record, 1-3 against Saben and 1-4 in bowl games. I do admit Tuberville did lose steam toward the end and was at Auburn 2 years longer than Malzhn at this point. Also how many undefeated seasons has Malzahn had? Tuberville is the only coach to beat Alabama 6 yrs in row.

Nobody is thinking of hiring Tommy Tuberville except you.

Therefore, I hereby amend my previous answer to:  One person. You. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I am respectfully going to say I could not disagree more with this post. Can you dive into this so I can follow your logic?

Yeah, I am interested in hearing this as well.

Arkansas has a history of being a good football program.   With the right coach, I believe they could be in the running with several other schools for competing for the west title.   Arkansas is the school in Arkansas and does not have to compete with anyone from the state to get the top recruits, if the team is winning.   They can also dip over into Texas and pull recruits.   

Auburn is in a position where it has to recruit against Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Tennessee, Florida , lately LSU, and Florida State.   Facility wise, Auburn is a little better in football but not much else in the big three sports.    This is all predicated on Arkansas getting a good coach.   Up until this last hire, I would say that they have made better coaching hires than auburn at the time of the hire.   Petrino > Chizik and Bert > Gus.   Now it may not have turned out that way, but Bert was an established winner in the Big Ten and Gus was a one year coach at Arkansas State.    

What about bringing in Hugh Freeze to run the offense?

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

What about bringing in Hugh Freeze to run the offense?

Would rather him just be the head coach if he did not carry the baggage. What is the point of our "offensive genius" being so bad that we want him to have nothing to do with the offense and being completely hands off like he is with the defense? Sounds like someone who is so bad you would pay to get rid of......

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Would rather him just be the head coach if he did not carry the baggage. What is the point of our "offensive genius" being so bad that we want him to have nothing to do with the offense and being completely hands off like he is with the defense? Sounds like someone who is so bad you would pay to get rid of......

Understood. If I am the head coach, I want a dcoord capable of running the D and an Ocoord capable of running the O. D seems adequate, O needs work. Worth a try?

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Understood. If I am the head coach, I want a dcoord capable of running the D and an Ocoord capable of running the O. D seems adequate, O needs work. Worth a try?

I'm good if we can get Hugh Freeze as our OC. Then we can fire Malzahn and hire Freeze as head coach the next year.

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I'm good if we can get Hugh Freeze as our OC. Then we can fire Malzahn and hire Freeze as head coach the next year.

LOL

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I always kinda wish Gus would of just did what Gundy use to do. If you ever watched OSU when he called the plays he would walk away during the defensive series and coach the offense just like a coordinator. DC was in full control while his unit was on the field.

Least it would of answered the calling the plays question.

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL

YOU LAUGH but at least the man knows the middle of the field IS A PART OF THE FIELD YOU CAN THROW THE BALL TOO!!!!! hahahaha

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

YOU LAUGH but at least the man knows the middle of the field IS A PART OF THE FIELD YOU CAN THROW THE BALL TOO!!!!! hahahaha

LOL

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

I always kinda wish Gus would of just did what Gundy use to do. If you ever watched OSU when he called the plays he would walk away during the defensive series and coach the offense just like a coordinator. DC was in full control while his unit was on the field.

Least it would of answered the calling the plays question.

Can he just walk out of the stadium and keep walking till he gets back to Shiloh or Springdale? Cause I would take that option over the others Alex Trebek! lol

moo.gif

Archived