Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

We have gotten waaaay off course. The original point was Gundy has done incredible things at a traditionally mediocre football school, fighting an in-state blueblood, with no real allure or positives to win over recruits with (this is no disrespect to OSU's campus or anything, I honestly have no clue about it, but Stillwater, Oklahoma is not a vacation destination).

Nothing else matters besides making the point that Gundy has a PROVEN track record of winning with a lot of adversity. We'll need someone like that with Saban across the state.

I'd love to have Gundy. Fact me pointing out that T-Boone and Holder were giving him crap combined with him hearing out Tenn means for the first time I think he would consider a move. I still think the moment he lost to Alabama/Georgia the panic would go off though due to his record vs. OU, especially around here.

Don't forget, Les Miles started having good success at Ok State. Jimmy Johnson also started having success there. So quality coaches can win there.

No Stillwater isn't Austin, but neither is Auburn. But if you like pure college towns then Stillwater is a blast.

I agree, he has done great there while fighting the Oklahoma's and the Texas's.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

This is unfortunately true. A lot of them also think we are in Georgia.

When Alabama fans tell me that I actually tell them it is a compliment lol. Confuses them.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Agreed.  Stipulate in his contract that he HAS to shave his head (sorry but that hair is crap and ridiculous) and also he can have all the beer he wants to drink but he absolutely cannot drive a vehicle during his tenure, so provide him with a driver and a car.  Also provide him burner phones for whatever reason he might need them for.  God Almighty I hate Texas and their fans.  I get more satisfaction out of their failure than I do from us beating Baman and Georgia in the same year.

LMAO my GF said the same thing at the game today. That WVU should put that in his contract.

And we hate you lol? JK. Well my GF might cause she is a UT grad.

17 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It’s no use Texas.   It is clear as day that some on this board have never been out of Alabama.    Think way too much about Auburn’s perception outside the state of Alabama.   As a matter of fact, most outside the state perceive AU as a cheating school that I have come in contact and discussions about college football.  

I have learned that to be true, course I have also learned that most think that about the entire conference, even Vandy lol.

But ya, many remember the Ramsey ordeal, they also see those NCAA leading infractions list, and of course those articles that had our boosters listed in the top 5 for most corrupt.

Truthfully though the majority of people I have met in Austin of various schools don't have a bad view of Auburn. Alabama pretty much takes all the heat now for hatred.

On 11/4/2018 at 2:19 AM, Texan4Auburn said:

Truthfully though the majority of people I have met in Austin of various schools don't have a bad view of Auburn. Alabama pretty much takes all the heat now for hatred.

To the victors go the spoils. 

25 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Wondering if the shine is still on Brohm like it was after his tOSU win....

Michigan has NO excuse to not beat tOSU.

Bill Clark has done wonders at UAB and at JSU. He should be highly considered as the next AU HC coach.

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1. Josh Heupel

2. Shane Beamer

3. Jeff Scott

4. Dave Aranda

I think Aranda would be an interesting hire. I'm not sold on Heupel yet. I live 30 minutes north of Norman and they (OU) ran him straight out of town. If he continues to win with his own players, then count me in. Unfortunately, Gus will likely be gone by then. 

4 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I think Aranda would be an interesting hire. I'm not sold on Heupel yet. I live 30 minutes north of Norman and they (OU) ran him straight out of town. If he continues to win with his own players, then count me in. Unfortunately, Gus will likely be gone by then. 

From what I had heard during that time, he and the other guy(CO-OC) had a lot of friction and Heupel was kind of scapegoated.

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1. Josh Heupel

2. Shane Beamer

3. Jeff Scott

4. Dave Aranda

Any idea on what Aranda would do on offense?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

From what I had heard during that time, he and the other guy(CO-OC) had a lot of friction and Heupel was kind of scapegoated.

Unsure of exactly how it all played out. Wasn't he replaced by Riley?  I had no idea Jeff Scott was Brad Scott's son. I met the latter in the Memphis airport one evening. He was coaching for Clemson at the time. Seemed nice enough, but you could tell he had been on the road for a while.

6 minutes ago, CR said:

Any idea on what Aranda would do on offense?

Nope, but hopefully he would let his OC run it.  HC chooses direction and scheme, then hires the OC to install, game plan, and call it....well, that's how it should work.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Nope, but hopefully he would let his OC run it.  HC chooses direction and scheme, then hires the OC to install, game plan, and call it....well, that's how it should work.

What a novel concept. Would like to see it at AU one day.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

1. Josh Heupel

2. Shane Beamer

3. Jeff Scott

4. Dave Aranda

All of these guys would be stellar. Each of these coaches cold and would build a program that would grow. I want someone like Bruce Pearl to come in cut out the bad parts even if that cost us a bad year up front and build a future program that is not only sustainable but has the ability to grow. The last two we had were lucky/ unlucky to have success early on with the past coaches players . With that they refused to back up to ground zero and rebuild the program. Fans will be patient if they see that there is downside before an upside if you really want to change the culture.

1 hour ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I’ve heard rumors that Meyer may be available and of course San Francisco coach Harbaugh, As long as we’re dreaming 

Speaking of them, Harbaugh is about to make Cryer quit again.  He's already floated another "health issue" to the media to excuse his departure.

As someone who has my own health issue, I won't judge him and claim he doesn't but it's funny that when a conference coach surpasses him health issues force him to "retire".

Guess after a couple years he'll try a comeback when Dabo leaves Clemson and Cryer can be the "big dog" in a weak ACC.

Archived