Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I still can't help but wonder if the AU PTB can't scrounge up 10 gazillionaires that love AU Football to chip in a couple million each (which would be considered chump change)? 

I admit though, I wondered this after the GA game last year too, so guess I'm wrong.

I'll sling $500 at it😁

tenor-1.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I still can't help but wonder if the AU PTB can't scrounge up 10 gazillionaires that love AU Football to chip in a couple million each (which would be considered chump change)? 

I admit though, I wondered this after the GA game last year too, so guess I'm wrong.

I'm only half joking when I say this but I would call Tim Cook and tell him we'll put his name on whatever building replaces Parker Hall or the Haley Center if he chips in some dough. Bobby Lowder and Ray Harbert got their family names on the business school so it's not unprecedented. 

5 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm only half joking when I say this but I would call Tim Cook and tell him we'll put his name on whatever building replaces Parker Hall or the Haley Center if he chips in some dough. Bobby Lowder and Ray Harbert got their family names on the business school so it's not unprecedented. 

Heck, if Cook is a football fan then he could pay it all by himself and it would be like me buying my family a meal at Firehouse Subs.

32 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Heck, if Cook is a football fan then he could pay it all by himself and it would be like me buying my family a meal at Firehouse Subs.

Man....now I want a smokehouse cheddar brisket. Welp...so much for this diet

14 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

LOL!!

I hear ya!!

I don't have to worry about diet anymore as the cancer treatment and various pain has cut my appetite down considerably.  However, I NEVER turn down a Club on a Sub or one of those Cheddar Briskets you mentioned.

Matter of fact, I've an MRI today and our car will probably magically steer it's way to the local Firehouse after. 🤭

24 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Get it without the bread and it's keto friendly.

16 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Funny.  Actually quite a few teams almost beat the 2013 team.  Les Miles actually DID.  

The only reason we didn’t lose those games was we had players that refused to lose and a couple of lucky breaks.

2 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Hell, put his name on the new football only facility if he takes care of the buyout.

5 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Could we carve Cook OVER Harbert's name? I got Liquid Paper up in here somewhere, and GOOgone, too. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bannersociety.com/platform/amp/2019/8/29/20839597/gus-malzahn-auburn-buyout-extension

A name that I'm surprised hasn't come up is Steve Sarkisian.  His was a hot name out west a few years ago until he ran into some alcohol issues.  We're used to that kind of thing, though.

How about we just hire @bigbird? Pretty sure Auburn could get him for about a million. He would keep Steele on as DC and then he can come on the board to get advice about everything else. 

15 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

How about we just hire @bigbird? Pretty sure Auburn could get him for about a million. He would keep Steele on as DC and then he can come on the board to get advice about everything else. 

Also, I'm only just sort of joking because TBH, I have way more respect for Bird and more confidence that he could lead a winning team than I have had with Gus the past 5 years.

3 hours ago, AUnMS said:

A name that I'm surprised hasn't come up is Steve Sarkisian.  His was a hot name out west a few years ago until he ran into some alcohol issues.  We're used to that kind of thing, though.

Approved by Pat Dye's pants.

cover.png

My guess for the new AU coach is the Auburn High School Coach because Gus must be coaching AHS tonight vs Park Crossing. 1st half 79 yards and a total of 17 plays. I guess  he took Steel to coach the AHS D since they have gotten 4 turnovers and turned 2 in for touchdowns.

5 hours ago, api1957 said:

Put one of these on the sideline and we might get the same results....

Image result for inflatable arm man gif

Slightly OT, but reminds me of this:

46494477_2260133750932816_6937607918145503232_n.jpg

On 10/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, AUsince72 said:

Meatball on wheat with hot peppers, please. 😀

Archived