Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Or USC

According to an article @WalkingCarpet posted in the AG thread, the USC prez ain't having it.  Sounds like she understands his MO too.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So we could get Jason Garrett?

Hey @bigbird, this is the one guy I never see on your list. So, that leads me to believe you (coaching in Texas) have either heard or know something that gives you reservations about him. Care to elaborate?

Not really any insight. What Rhule did that made the biggest impact at Baylor is he came in and hired a whole bunch of Texas HS coaches as analyst and support staff. He listened and utilizes their knowledge and skill set. That was a really smart move, one that Charlie Strong didn't do and suffered for.

He's a good coach, I'm just not sold on him yet. He has about as much experience as Gus did. I'm not saying he wouldn't be good. Just not ready for that much risk when compared to others that have a longer more proven track record of success.

Coaches under 50 ranked by winning % I'm striking through the guys I don't believe we could/should get

Ryan Day - Ohio State

Eliah Drinkwitz - Appalachian State

Josh Heupel - UCF

Lincoln Riley - Oklahoma

Dabo Swinney - Clemson

Kirby Smart - Georgia

Bryan Harsin - Boise State

David Shaw - Stanford

Mike Houston - East Carolina

Tom Herman - Texas

Mike Norvell - Memphis

Joe Moorehead - Miss State

James Franklin - Penn State

Scott Satterfield - Louisville

Jason Candle - Toledo

Neal Brown - West Virginia

Chris Creighton - Eastern Michigan

34 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Coaches under 50 ranked by winning % I'm striking through the guys I don't believe we could/should get

Ryan Day - Ohio State

Josh Heupel - UCF

Lincoln Riley - Oklahoma

Dabo Swinney - Clemson

Kirby Smart - Georgia

David Shaw - Stanford

Tom Herman - Texas

Mike Norvell - Memphis

Jason Candle - Toledo

Dont make me pull the age discrimination card😂..........its tucked somewhere behind my McDonalds Senior Discount card😁

48 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Ryan Day - Ohio State

Josh Heupel - UCF

Lincoln Riley - Oklahoma

Dabo Swinney - Clemson

Kirby Smart - Georgia

David Shaw - Stanford

Tom Herman - Texas

Mike Norvell - Memphis

Jason Candle - Toledo

Please teach me how to strike through...phone or desktop?  Needed that function earlier..

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Please teach me how to strike through...phone or desktop?  Needed that function earlier..

@ToraGirl on desktop, you can highlight and then just click the strikethrough button

image.png

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I've never been able to do it on mobile unfortunately. Desktop it's simply looking at the taskbar next to the italics the 'S' with the line through it. Probably a way to do it on mobile but not that I'm aware of.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I've never been able to do it on mobile unfortunately. Desktop it's simply looking at the taskbar next to the italics the 'S' with the line through it. Probably a way to do it on mobile but not that I'm aware of.

Its not as pretty but on mobile you can click the view source then add strikethrough code  

The code is to use the html tag.  <s> to start and </s> to end

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Minny is locking down Fleck long term. Looks like he's off the table.

Florida State must've went sniffing around 🐽

5 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

He's done a good job thus far.....well deserved.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Ryan Day - Ohio State

Josh Heupel - UCF

Lincoln Riley - Oklahoma

Dabo Swinney - Clemson

Kirby Smart - Georgia

David Shaw - Stanford

Tom Herman - Texas

Mike Norvell - Memphis

Jason Candle - Toledo

I don’t think David Shaw would leave Stanford. 

2 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I don’t think David Shaw would leave Stanford. 

We already have a coach with a outdated system who is stubborn and refuses to change!!!! lol. We do not need another one.

Steele has managed his defensive staff and players well during his time as our DC. He has been head coach of that side of the ball. I dont have any reason to think he couldnt manage the team as a head coach. We shouldnt have to give him a ridiculous contract to make him head coach either and our staff mostly stays intact. Hiring an OC and DC would give us what we want along with a few staff changes.

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

Steele has managed his defensive staff and players well during his time as our DC. I dont have any reason to think he couldnt manage the team as a head coach. We shouldnt have to give him a ridiculous contract to make him head coach either and our staff mostly stays intact. Hiring an OC and DC would give us what we want along with a few staff changes.

This would be the most Auburn hire ever............ Just remember he was not even regarded as a good DC UNTIL he got to AU.  CAN WE PLEASE AT LEAST ATTEMPT TO TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY AND NOT MAKE A JABA HIRE?!?!?! lol. I much rather like the option of Kevin Steele staying on as DC for the new Head Coach then just making him the Head Coach. And I really do think it is a possibility. It is not as far fetched as people make it out to be. Coaches around the country see what he has done with our defense. Of course they would want to keep him on as DC.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This would be the most Auburn hire ever............ Just remember he was not even regarded as a good DC UNTIL he got to AU.  CAN WE PLEASE AT LEAST ATTEMPT TO TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY AND NOT MAKE A JABA HIRE?!?!?! lol. I much rather like the option of Kevin Steele staying on as DC for the new Head Coach then just making him the Head Coach. And I really do think it is a possibility. It is not as far fetched as people make it out to be. Coaches around the country see what he has done with our defense. Of course they would want to keep him on as DC.

He has built that defense like Saban built his team. Why couldnt Steele do the same for the offensive side of the ball if given a chance? 

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

He has built that defense like Saban built his team. Why couldnt Steele do the same for the offensive side of the ball if given a chance? 

Why not just keep him as a DC where he is thriving? I WANT US FOR ONE TO GO AFTER A ESTABLISHED HEAD COACH!!!!!!!! JUST PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE GIVE THIS TOOOO MUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I  NEEEEEEEEEEEEED this after 7 years in the pit of misery!!!!!! lol

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why not just keep him as a DC where he is thriving? I WANT US FOR ONE TO GO AFTER A ESTABLISHED HEAD COACH!!!!!!!! JUST PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE GIVE THIS TOOOO MUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I  NEEEEEEEEEEEEED this after 7 years in the pit of misery!!!!!! lol

Define established 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok, I'll give it to you if we can make a splash hire while keeping Steele with us and not letting Gus take him with him. If not, then I'd rather promote Steele.

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

In principle, yes. But those contracts are rarely signed for months after they are agreed to.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Define established 

Non training wheels head coach. 

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

He's done a good job thus far.....well deserved.

Man I wish UCF could have pulled off a similar contract with Frost. Heupel is good but Frost really had the team clicking.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Non training wheels head coach. 

Soooo you're not supporting bumping Dillingham to HC and Kodi Burns as OC?

5 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Ok, I'll give it to you if we can make a splash hire while keeping Steele with us and not letting Gus take him with him. If not, then I'd rather promote Steele.

Taking Steele with him!? Where is he going? Lol. I don't see FSU hiring him and Steele wouldn't go with him to arky if by some miracle Gus actually took that job.

Just now, Zeek said:

Soooo you're not supporting bumping Dillingham to HC and Kodi Burns as OC?

I rather us re hire 5-19 than go that route!!! Lol

Archived