Who would replace Malzahn (merged threads again)

tigerbrotha12

Coaches  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach would you like to see at AU next?

• Bob Stoops
    • James Franklin
    • Mario Cristobal
    • Brett Venables
    • Hugh Freeze
    • Art Briles
    • Kevin Steele
    • Lane Kiffin
    • Bill Clark
    • Other (Specify in comments)

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

NO. He might leave Clemson for bammer.....but other than that why would he even consider leaving Clemson? He doesn't even like Auburn. He's a bammer at heart.

C'mon belle...nobody wants reality......this whole discussion on possible coaches is just something from  "dreamland" with top 5 coaches lined up at the door wanting the AU job.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

NO. He might leave Clemson for bammer.....but other than that why would he even consider leaving Clemson? He doesn't even like Auburn. He's a bammer at heart.

Any coach quoted as a suggestion above could have the same "why leave _____?" said. Too much "might" here. One negative remark from the past would put a lot of wannabes out of the running. Dabo's success plus personal ethos make him a perfect Auburn fit. Not that I care, but his hire would scare West Vance. He'll never get at Bama what he could build at Auburn, especially in the ethos realm. And let's be real...as for a Bama "heir apparent", Kirby is likely as attractive to them as is Dabo. 

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Mike leach J/K!

but really I just read a report where he sent text messages blasting a referee for missing an obvious targeting penalty. He got to the point where the pac 12 had to admit it. Guy he is definitely unique but I like his fire . Also Washington State has been killing it.

Just thought I would bump this for funsies.  Now watch Oregon make an incredible come back in the second half.

For the Brohm fans out there... Purdue up 14-3 over tOSU at the half... FWIW...

31 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

For the Brohm fans out there... Purdue up 14-3 over tOSU at the half... FWIW...

I like the playcalling and formations for sure. Got tOSU confused and 3-3 in the red zone!

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I like the playcalling and formations for sure. Got tOSU confused and 3-3 in the red zone!

D is disciplined.  I'm amazed they're doing so well.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

D is disciplined.  I'm amazed they're doing so well.

Yep. They stayed composed for sure.

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Purdue is having an historical night.  Loving it for them.

Man.....I'm loving the Purdue game 🤣🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Purdue is having an historical night.  Loving it for them.

Great game for them tonight. Props! But for some perspective, they have losses to Northwestern, Eastern Michigan and Missouri.

4 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Any coach quoted as a suggestion above could have the same "why leave _____?" said. Too much "might" here. One negative remark from the past would put a lot of wannabes out of the running. Dabo's success plus personal ethos make him a perfect Auburn fit. Not that I care, but his hire would scare West Vance. He'll never get at Bama what he could build at Auburn, especially in the ethos realm. And let's be real...as for a Bama "heir apparent", Kirby is likely as attractive to them as is Dabo. 

Kirby wanted UGA not bammer. He played football at UGA, his wife played basketball there and they both are UGA grads. Kirby is home where he wants to be. That bammer "heir apparent" was never a real thing. 

Dabo is a bammer grad and he still has it in him. It would not be a big career move for Dabo, and once again he does not like Auburn. He would have exactly what he wants at bammer because the REC would make that happen. That's how they roll in West Vance. He doesn't really care as much about ethos as you think. He's just as ambitious and tough and ruthless as any other college coach at the top level of college football. That's how he got where he is. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Great game for them tonight. Props! But for some perspective, they have losses to Northwestern, Eastern Michigan and Missouri.

Second year coach with 1 and 2 star players.  I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

7 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Second year coach with 1 and 2 star players.  I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Purdue’s record the previous four years so we can see who he exactly inherited 

2013: 1-11

2014 : 3-9

2015: 2-10

2016: 3-9

Yeah I think they can live with being 4-3 after beating the #2 team in the nation. 

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Close losses. Combined 8 points. Could easily be unbeaten.

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Close losses. Combined 8 points. Could easily be unbeaten.

All three teams currently have winning records.

Archived