My thoughts

chimes

I very rarely start threads but couldn’t find one to fit this in. Went to the game today and have downed a few beverages so here goes...

I’ve been negative on Gus for quite some time now(years) as many can probably attest to. I haven’t said one time this year- or before that I can remember- to outright fire him. I’ve just said numerous times that I don’t think he’s a great coach and not the man to run our program. 

I’m not a football coach but I am a coach and an extremely successful coach at that. My coaching ability supports my family. I don’t know the x’s and o’s of football quite as well as many on this board but I do understand coaching and building championship teams.

It was apparent to me very early on that Gus Malzahn is not that type of coach. He’ll win a few games he shouldn’t but lose just as many, if not more, that he shouldn’t. His teams are consistently ill prepared to start each season and it takes him way too long to identify team strengths, weaknesses, and overall identity. In the high stakes world of SEC football, that’s just unacceptable. He’s unable to develop key players and unwilling to make moves outside of his comfort zone. 

I DO NOT profess to know exactly which hire would be the “perfect guy” but have gone on record as saying the point our program is currently at has been a long time coming. It pains me to see us like this. I spent a lot of time and money attending the game today, only to drive home dejected and sick to my stomach. We all deserve better than this and I pray that someone keyed in to the AU power structure can and is willing to take the necessary steps to get us there.

5 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

$32 million will get him out....

Ehh, more than that.  Gotta pay off the entire staff and hire a whole new crew.

2 hours ago, chimes said:

I very rarely start threads but couldn’t find one to fit this in. Went to the game today and have downed a few beverages so here goes...

I’ve been negative on Gus for quite some time now(years) as many can probably attest to. I haven’t said one time this year- or before that I can remember- to outright fire him. I’ve just said numerous times that I don’t think he’s a great coach and not the man to run our program. 

I’m not a football coach but I am a coach and an extremely successful coach at that. My coaching ability supports my family. I don’t know the x’s and o’s of football quite as well as many on this board but I do understand coaching and building championship teams.

It was apparent to me very early on that Gus Malzahn is not that type of coach. He’ll win a few games he shouldn’t but lose just as many, if not more, that he shouldn’t. His teams are consistently ill prepared to start each season and it takes him way too long to identify team strengths, weaknesses, and overall identity. In the high stakes world of SEC football, that’s just unacceptable. He’s unable to develop key players and unwilling to make moves outside of his comfort zone. 

I DO NOT profess to know exactly which hire would be the “perfect guy” but have gone on record as saying the point our program is currently at has been a long time coming. It pains me to see us like this. I spent a lot of time and money attending the game today, only to drive home dejected and sick to my stomach. We all deserve better than this and I pray that someone keyed in to the AU power structure can and is willing to take the necessary steps to get us there.

What do you coach and how long have you been coaching? 

8 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

What do you coach and how long have you been coaching? 

I thought about including it in the post but decided against it bc I like to be able to post in anonymity. I’ve got a strong feeling at least a few would be able to pick me out and then I’d have to be all nice and stuff.

40 minutes ago, chimes said:

I thought about including it in the post but decided against it bc I like to be able to post in anonymity. I’ve got a strong feeling at least a few would be able to pick me out and then I’d have to be all nice and stuff.

It's OK Bruce, we understand. 

Until Pat Dye is banned from anything related to auburn athletics, this reoccurring theme will continue.   I believe that he is/was the problem when JJ was here.   Now we will see if there truly is a new AD that runs the athletic department 

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Until Pat Dye is banned from anything related to auburn athletics, this reoccurring theme will continue.   I believe that he is/was the problem when JJ was here.   Now we will see if there truly is a new AD that runs the athletic department 

im not so sure we can pin the gus hiring on pat dye

7 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

im not so sure we can pin the gus hiring on pat dye

He is the cancer that spreads through the boosters, Board and Dept.     JJ hired Gus and JJ was Dye’s puppet

3 hours ago, chimes said:

So you recognized that Gus wasn’t a good coach early on? Like when he won  several high school championships? Or a National title as a coordinator? When his team played for it as a Head Coach? But since you’re an “anonymous coach” your post is more valid that any other anonymous poster on this board? Gotcha! Not saying what you posted is wrong, but come on “coach”! You could have put your look at me post in any of the other 50 threads.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

lmao:rollin:

18 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

So you recognized that Gus wasn’t a good coach early on? Like when he won  several high school championships? Or a National title as a coordinator? When his team played for it as a Head Coach? But since you’re an “anonymous coach” your post is more valid that any other anonymous poster on this board? Gotcha! Not saying what you posted is wrong, but come on “coach”! You could have put your look at me post in any of the other 50 threads.

Swing and a miss

1 minute ago, chimes said:

Swing and a miss

So, it’s baseball you coach.  Are we getting close?  :lol:  

Just now, wcware said:

Why are we bashing this guy for saying he is a coach... am I missing something?

He/she comes on here creating a new thread, claiming to be a coach(as if that gives them more validity than anyone else on here) and wants to remain anonymous. I simply asked what sport? I was interested in their back ground and how their experience validates their opinion. Why claim to be a coach if you can't say which sport? They could be a voice coach for all that we know. Why not post in any of the other 50 threads wanting to fire Gus? 

2 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

He/she comes on here creating a new thread, claiming to be a coach(as if that gives them more validity than anyone else on here) and wants to remain anonymous. I simply asked what sport? I was interested in their back ground and how their experience validates their opinion. Why claim to be a coach if you can't say which sport? They could be a voice coach for all that we know. Why not post in any of the other 50 threads wanting to fire Gus? 

Not sure why you’re so upset with me or what I posted. I simply tried to qualify my comments by stating that I do have experience in the coaching profession. If I’d intended to make it all about me I would’ve gone into much more detail about myself and my coaching career/accomplishments/duties. I didn’t think that was necessary. I also don’t recall saying anyone else’s opinion was less valid than my own. 

And again, I didn’t tell you what sport I coach or at what level bc I enjoy posting on these boards anonymously. It gives me a freedom to speak my mind that not many have in their regular day-to-day lives. You’re welcome to keep putting me down and referring to me as a “coach” all you want- I can assure you that you’re getting much more worked up about all this than I am.

I'm a coach too.  I coach my two 9 yr old daughters in how they should behave.  Unfortunately I'm having as much success as Gus right now.

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm a coach too.  I coach my two 9 yr old daughters in how they should behave.  Unfortunately I'm having as much success as Gus right now.

The difference is that unlike Gus, you probably change your methods when they don't work. 😁

1 hour ago, chimes said:

Not sure why you’re so upset with me or what I posted. I simply tried to qualify my comments by stating that I do have experience in the coaching profession. If I’d intended to make it all about me I would’ve gone into much more detail about myself and my coaching career/accomplishments/duties. I didn’t think that was necessary. I also don’t recall saying anyone else’s opinion was less valid than my own. 

And again, I didn’t tell you what sport I coach or at what level bc I enjoy posting on these boards anonymously. It gives me a freedom to speak my mind that not many have in their regular day-to-day lives. You’re welcome to keep putting me down and referring to me as a “coach” all you want- I can assure you that you’re getting much more worked up about all this than I am.

Just ignore him. As you can see, quite a few people have taken a liking to your opinion.

8 hours ago, wcware said:

Why are we bashing this guy for saying he is a coach... am I missing something?

no "we" aren't bashing him a hater is bashing him.

Archived