How solid are 2019 commits?

abw0004

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

I'm a little concerned that we don't hear many of these saying they are talking to GP. We really need Bo and Papp in his ear.

They are in his ear  & GP is helping AU recruit still. He was expected at the LSU game last week but showed up at AU to help recruit Cain to AU. Another thing worth noting. GP has visited AU a few times this season. He has only visited some of his other major suitors 1 time apiece. If he starts visiting a school multiple times then we can crank up the worry meter a bit. As long as he keeps visiting AU more though AU will sit in a good spot.

13 minutes ago, Hooverwareagle said:

Long way until Feb.

It's a good thing 90% of commits,if not more, sign in December.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's a good thing 90% of commits,if not more, sign in December.

Can you tell us which ones will sign in December? As always, many thanks for all of the information you give us!

Tbh, getting our passing game confused with a passing attack is like getting indigestion confused with a heart attack.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, I_M4_AU said:

For levity purposes:  Looks like Patrick Nix is going to be our new OC.  Congrats Patrick.

This would be awesome. Patrick and Gus could have a man to man with Patrick having absolute control over the offense with Gus backing off more than he has ever in his coaching career anywhere. That would be an absolute must  demand if I was Patrick. If Gus truly wants to be a long term coach with success at the highest level, he must become a CEO coach like Dabo & Saban and let his coaches do their job 110%.

16 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Can you tell us which ones will sign in December?

I don't have a list of names. Just know that most do.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:40 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Of course we are talking ACC which IMO is historically like the big 10 with generally better academics.

True, but Clemson, GaTech, and FSU have certainly got the better end of our last few meetings with them. 

21 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

This would be awesome. Patrick and Gus could have a man to man with Patrick having absolute control over the offense with Gus backing off more than he has ever in his coaching career anywhere. That would be an absolute must  demand if I was Patrick. If Gus truly wants to be a long term coach with success at the highest level, he must become a CEO coach like Dabo & Saban and let his coaches do their job 110%.

After last season, I had hopes Gus was headed to the above status. After this season, I am fully convinced it is not possible for him. 

Always interesting to me that so many kids we are recruiting like our coaches and are quite loyal to them....and that their feelings about AU are not just based on the W-L record....unlike many AU fans.   I appreciate the maturity of these 17 and 18 year olds...

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Always interesting to me that so many kids we are recruiting like our coaches and are quite loyal to them....and that their feelings about AU are not just based on the W-L record....unlike many AU fans.   I appreciate the maturity of these 17 and 18 year olds...

Nobody's feelings about Auburn have changed one bit. Weak effort to drag the University and/or the City down with your sinking ship. 

Cute line about 17 and 18 year olds when you've been blaming all our problems on them for the two years I've been paying attention to your posts, though.

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody's feelings about Auburn have changed one bit. Weak effort to drag the University and/or the City down with your sinking ship. 

Cute line about 17 and 18 year olds when you've been blaming all our problems on them for the two years I've been paying attention to your posts, though.

First time I have seen the red thumbs down used.......saving mine for homer🤣.........just kidding.

14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

First time I have seen the red thumbs down used.......saving mine for homer🤣.........just kidding.

I've used it twice so far. Same guy each time. I don't think he pays attention to me anymore- if he ever did- which I totally get. :laugh:

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've used it twice so far. Same guy each time. I don't think he pays attention to me anymore- if he ever did- which I totally get. :laugh:

He's set in his thinking like a few others, which is fine. At least he always has a polite tone.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You must be a really sad person...can't seem to accept or tolerate that everyone does not share your view of the world...and thus you find it necessary to strike back on comments that have nothing to do with you....😒

Any of you reading the stories detailing the basketball recruiting FBI trial testimony?  The fact that the shoe companies spreading around tens of thousands of dollars to help “their” schools they sponsor land top-level recruit - especially the seemingly common offer of jobs, relocations, housing for family members....sounds rather familiar to Alabama recruits’ stories.  The shoe companies involved are the same - whether basketball or football.  Would be reasonable that the “tactics “ are the same.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You must be a really sad person...can't seem to accept or tolerate that everyone does not share your view of the world...and thus you find it necessary to strike back on comments that have nothing to do with you....😒

Not sad in the least. Very tolerant of dissenting, logical, supported viewpoints. Just intolerant of disingenuous ones.

Auburn fans don't pull for an interlocking G and M on the side of the helmet. You'd do well to stop conflating the employee and the institution. 

1 hour ago, cool daddy said:

Any of you reading the stories detailing the basketball recruiting FBI trial testimony?  The fact that the shoe companies spreading around tens of thousands of dollars to help “their” schools they sponsor land top-level recruit - especially the seemingly common offer of jobs, relocations, housing for family members....sounds rather familiar to Alabama recruits’ stories.  The shoe companies involved are the same - whether basketball or football.  Would be reasonable that the “tactics “ are the same.

Not sure how this post is relevant to this thread topic. No disrespect intended. ...  tactics may be similar but in football it’s not driven by shoe companies or apparel companies as in basketball. Every major school Plays the recruiting game.

Archived