Upon Further Review -Tennessee Game

StatTiger

Pro-style qb's do not do well in zone-read offenses. Stidham is not the problem - not developing the proper offensive scheme to maximize his abilities is the problem. No qb can perform without an OL. To paraphrase Gus Moron " We don't have a talent problem, we have a coaching problem."

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 2:36 PM, BHDAU1 said:

One more comment, we all know it doesnt take a rocket scientist to run the zone read. Look how well Marshall ran it. If they havent taught Willis to at least be proficient in running that zone read concept at this point then thats just another sign of the coaches not developing players. Its either that, or Willis is not as smart as Marshall, which is almost a statistical impossibility!

First off, post once rather than 3 in a row. I can see 3 in a row if you are responding to people and don't want to multi quote like I always do, but nevertheless, just make one post man. 3 in a row with none being replies is just bad form. 

As for your post... Did you see Willis on the 2 point conversion take on the entire defense trying to run right at them when he had multiple wide open receivers? Did you see him get brought down for a safety against the mighty Alabama State defense because he made a bad read? You know the one play he is supposed to be good at? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Did you see Willis on the 2 point conversion take on the entire defense trying to run right at them when he had multiple wide open receivers? Did you see him get brought down for a safety against the mighty Alabama State defense because he made a bad read? You know the one play he is supposed to be good at? 

In fairness, those were 2 individual mistakes in 2 separate games.  He only gets a handful of plays per year anyway and he's seeing his chance slip away so he's probably guilty of trying to do "too much" to impress..  Gus won't give him a fair Gameday trial no matter how bad Auburn is right now.

Stidham made more mistakes and turnovers in the Tennessee game than Malik has made plays.

Try something different.... ANYTHING different at this point.  What's Gus afraid of?  Malik might make a turnover and Auburn might lose a game?

Edited by AUsince72

I thought we needed to put Sandberg against Tenn. He moved the ball when allowed in against Ala state. Worst he could do is throw an interception or fumble the ball which Stidham and killed us both times. Give anybody a chance! 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 12:24 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

First off, post once rather than 3 in a row. I can see 3 in a row if you are responding to people and don't want to multi quote like I always do, but nevertheless, just make one post man. 3 in a row with none being replies is just bad form. 

As for your post... Did you see Willis on the 2 point conversion take on the entire defense trying to run right at them when he had multiple wide open receivers? Did you see him get brought down for a safety against the mighty Alabama State defense because he made a bad read? You know the one play he is supposed to be good at? 

Yes i saw them all. He was doomed from the start because at this point EVERYONE knows when he comes in that it is going to be a run. Combine that with terrible blocking on the goal line and there is the result. If he were given a real chance to run the full offense and actually have the option of throwing it the results may be different. We will never know but honestly compared to what we have seen the offense couldnt get a lot worse. 

And who cares about the 3 posts in a row? I had some stuff I wanted to say that didnt come to me all at once and no one was posting at the time. Its not as if i was commenting on my previous posts....