Rod/Stan get your act together

TigerOne

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, boisnumber1 said:

Any "insert any university"Network is going to be homerish. To expect anything else is pretty damn stupid imo. It's not 1975 anymore. It is what you get.

Seriously, try listening to a baseball broadcast with Rod and Andy.   There's a difference between being homerish (getting excited when AU does something good, etc) and flat out misrepresenting what's going on because you see everything through orange and blue glasses.

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Seriously, try listening to a baseball broadcast with Rod and Andy.   There's a difference between being homerish (getting excited when AU does something good, etc) and flat out misrepresenting what's going on because you see everything through orange and blue glasses.

yep they do get excited .."Oh my gosh...…."    and then some expression of a dismay of a perceived missed call, close play at first or whatever.   And guess they forget that many people listening to them also are watching the game and can see how they are over-reacting.....but does not matter much I guess. 

I don't get the hostility towards Rod and Stan. UGA's announcers are awful. For some reason the UGA announcers think Larry Munson was the gold standard. I remember the first time I heard Munson. It was 1985, I think and it was an Auburn bye week. I was driving down to Troy to visit a friend and go to the Troy game. They broadcast the UGA game on the Auburn network station as the SEC Game of the Week. It was near the end, and I literally thought they had pulled an old drunken fan into the booth. The announcer was babbling incoherently: "We run the ball. We got 5 yards. Number 12 hands it off. We're down to the 20." Seriously, how did anyone know what the Hell was going on when Munson was calling the game?

Today the current play by play announcer does the exact same thing. Every player's name is "We". Georgia is "We". The Bulldogs are "We". The announcers are utterly incapable of painting a picture. It is just awful.

There should be a contest between SEC announcer teams where they take the announcers, put a blindfold on the color commentator, and make the play by play announcer tell the blindfolded color commentator what to do. The UGA announcers will come in dead last.

Archived