No watching again until 2020

ChltteTiger

I feel like, in order to not get really really depressed, I need to stop watching AU football for the rest of this season and the 2019 season as well. Reason being, Malzahn will likely be HC for at least that duration. Even though I know I need to do this, I don't know if I can really pull it off. Anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not me. I'm watching every single game I can. Lifes too short to miss something important, no matter how bad it seams. As aleays, IGTBAAT

I miss 4-5 games due to work anyway but I will watch all I can. I could understand some fans not wanting to drive several hours and spend that $ when we suck but if watching on tv depresses anyone so much they ban themselves for a year and a half .... on second thought it’s probably the right move.  

I'm not abandoning the team that represents Auburn University. These kids are students who need support.

Why would we not watch? Through thick and thin.

War Eagle!

I'll always watch any time I can.  Granted, if they are getting blown out I'll turn on the Hallmark Channel for my girls but, I at least give them a chance first.

No way I could do that. AU is too much part of my DNA. AU football has delivered me some incredible entertainment through the years, and will again in the future. Two things are always true about our program: 1. We are incredibly inconsistent, and when things go south, they go way south. 2. We rebound faster and to a greater degree than any other program. See 1993, 2004, 2010, and 2013 as recent examples. Keep the faith, my Auburn brother. Keep the faith. 

I'm still watching but I'll be honest and admit to flipping and checking out another good quality game if it happens to be on.
This season reminds me so much of '98, '08 and 2012. It's a helpless feeling to see the inevitable play out on the screen(or field if you're there).
Unfortunately, AU has to bottom out to begin the climb back to better days. I'll never understand why, but that's the way it is.

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

I feel like, in order to not get really really depressed, I need to stop watching AU football for the rest of this season and the 2019 season as well. Reason being, Malzahn will likely be HC for at least that duration. Even though I know I need to do this, I don't know if I can really pull it off. Anyone else feel this way?

Life is too short to not enjoy Auburn football! I’ll cheer for the wins and b*tch at the losses! 

22 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

No way I could do that. AU is too much part of my DNA. AU football has delivered me some incredible entertainment through the years, and will again in the future. Two things are always true about our program: 1. We are incredibly inconsistent, and when things go south, they go way south. 2. We rebound faster and to a greater degree than any other program. See 1993, 2004, 2010, and 2013 as recent examples. Keep the faith, my Auburn brother. Keep the faith. 

This . I wish I didn’t care about auburn at times . But It is the only connection I have to my late father which passed away when I was five . I am frustrated, but I am a tiger and will always be one . I am extremely pissed out at the board of trustees though

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

i'll watch them, glutton for punishment...actually i have not missed a single game, either listening,tv or attending since 1960 when i was 6 years old....seen or listened to every single one and i don't want to end the streak...it would be better for my health if i stopped until we get a proper coaching staff

I'll be watching. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch or listen to a game even in the real bad years. But I have learned that it is a game and I don't live and die with the wins and losses like I once did. The sun does come up tomorrow as they say.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I'll always watch any time I can.  Granted, if they are getting blown out I'll turn on the Hallmark Channel for my girls but, I at least give them a chance first.

What a guy. 

I will never give up on my team ever, no matter the situation no matter wins and loses.  

I will watch and cheer for them every game if they lost every game for 10 years 

5 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

What a guy. 

Being outnumbered 3x1, I gotta keep them happy.

Few years ago one of my girls says "Daddy, you love princess movies." I say "I do, why?".  Her "Because you watch them all the time".

They do at least let me ruffle their hair after big plays and know when to hollar War Eagle!!

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I will never give up on my team ever, no matter the situation no matter wins and loses.  

I will watch and cheer for them every game if they lost every game for 10 years 

My sentiments exactly!  Love Auburn and these  players representing my university too much not to support them!  I will be there in Jordan Hare cheering them on against a & m. 

I'll watch no matter what. It's like passing an accident on the highway. I look even though I know it could be really bad. 

Archived