No watching again until 2020

ChltteTiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I feel like, in order to not get really really depressed, I need to stop watching AU football for the rest of this season and the 2019 season as well. Reason being, Malzahn will likely be HC for at least that duration. Even though I know I need to do this, I don't know if I can really pull it off. Anyone else feel this way?

If you want to be honest you aren't watching Auburn football this season anyway. I'm not sure what it is but I know it's not Auburn football. 

This ain’t nothing. I remember when Gabe Gross played QB. This too shall pass. WDE 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Being outnumbered 3x1, I gotta keep them happy.

Few years ago one of my girls says "Daddy, you love princess movies." I say "I do, why?".  Her "Because you watch them all the time".

They do at least let me ruffle their hair after big plays and know when to hollar War Eagle!!

That's awesome. I've got 2 yr old and 6 mo old girls. They're too much fun. Dancing to made up songs, tickle wars, reading books, cooking extra stuff to share off daddy's plate...etc.

I’ll always watch. I live to bitch about Auburn football in the game thread every week.

All jokes aside, I don’t think anyone should go and watch a game in person until Gus is gone. Both to send a message and to better utilize your time and money. Let’s just have a massive “fire Gus” tailgate and spend the money on an awesome tv trailer and good booze.

-or- take the money you were going to spend on gas, tickets, concession food, etc and donate it for a football only facility. At the very least save it so you can donate more on a good season and get some sweet seats.

I decided long ago that my life will not be defined by Auburn Football. 

Having said that, I will still watch every game, from beginning to end, because it is my alma mater and I love Auburn.  Like everyone else, I get frustrated but I get over it quickly.

If you're certain your team is gonna lose, before the game begins, but you watch anyhow- does this make you a bad fan or a quitter? Asking for a friend.

I won't turn my back on Auburn.

There's a part of me that wants Auburn to lose the rest its games,  yes,  including Liberty,  just so the AD can feel thoroughly embarassed about that gift contract he handed Malzahn. That would be must see TV. Actually,  that would be more entertaining than watching a 6-6 team play against another 'who cares' opponent in a meaningless bowl game.

4 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

There's a part of me that wants Auburn to lose the rest its games,  yes,  including Liberty,  just so the AD can feel thoroughly embarassed about that gift contract he handed Malzahn. That would be must see TV. Actually,  that would be more entertaining than watching a 6-6 team play against another 'who cares' opponent in a meaningless bowl game.

Why is it SO DIFFICULT for people to comprehend that this Athletic Director had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this contract? 

OK I should apologize, I think this is the first time Ive seen you say this, unless of course you are also one of the ones saying this on almost every Auburn video on YouTube... 

Jay Jacobs is not the AD anymore and before he left Jay Jacobs did not negotiate this contract with Malzahn. The current AD Allen Greene did not negotiate this contract, he was saddled with it. Dr Steven Leath is who negotiated this contract. That is who is responsible for the absurd buyout... Not the AD, current or previous... 

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Why is it SO DIFFICULT for people to comprehend that this Athletic Director had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this contract? 

OK I should apologize, I think this is the first time Ive seen you say this, unless of course you are also one of the ones saying this on almost every Auburn video on YouTube... 

Jay Jacobs is not the AD anymore and before he left Jay Jacobs did not negotiate this contract with Malzahn. The current AD Allen Greene did not negotiate this contract, he was saddled with it. Dr Steven Leath is who negotiated this contract. That is who is responsible for the absurd buyout... Not the AD, current or previous... 

So....

Based on Leath's history that I've been learning about (misappropriation of funds, or some such, at Iowa State).... You reckon him & Gus are in on this together?

Cuz this is misappropriation of funds if I've ever seen it!!!

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

All jokes aside, I don’t think anyone should go and watch a game in person until Gus is gone. Both to send a message and to better utilize your time and money

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

At the very least save it so you can donate more on a good season and get some sweet seats.

Not only will your advocated boycotts affect the players that did nothing wrong as collateral damage, but the consequences of a lack of revenue coming in would result in any upgrades being pushed to the backburner. 

14 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I feel like, in order to not get really really depressed, I need to stop watching AU football for the rest of this season and the 2019 season as well. Reason being, Malzahn will likely be HC for at least that duration. Even though I know I need to do this, I don't know if I can really pull it off. Anyone else feel this way?

Adios

Now GTFO!

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not only will your advocated boycotts affect the players that did nothing wrong as collateral damage, but the consequences of a lack of revenue coming in would result in any upgrades being pushed to the backburner. 

Poor coaching is ruining these kids careers!!!!

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Poor coaching is ruining these kids careers!!!!

We currently have a 4 star offensive guard CBed to Auburn. We also have a nice class (at the moment) coming in as well. They are seeing Gus’s deficiencies and still buying in. I cannot feel sorry them if they are still buying in. I hate these awkward arguments I am forced to make from time to time but it’s true. We need these recruits and I want them to choose Auburn, but there is plenty of information on Gus for them to choose to go elsewhere. Knock on wood, the class is seeing this season as “funky”, and are staying committed. Our YPC this season is ranked 116th in tbe country despite the fact that we’ve never had a class above 63rd( 2015,) and it’s because we have constantly whiffed at recruiting the OL going all tbe way back to Martez Ivey

11 hours ago, Shift said:

I decided long ago that my life will not be defined by Auburn Football. 

Having said that, I will still watch every game, from beginning to end, because it is my alma mater and I love Auburn.  Like everyone else, I get frustrated but I get over it quickly.

++++

55 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

If winning is your main requirement for liking/watching a team, go buy yourself some houndstooth and call it a season.

wow what a dumb thing to say

15 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I've made the exact same statement; "No more Auburn football until Gus is gone."

Probably won't stick, though...

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

Adios

Now GTFO!

I thought most of your posts were decent but you are now junk in my book. YOU go pound sand.

I didn't watch the game Saturday.  I'm not really sure what the point is of screaming at a TV and a bunch of 19 year olds for 3 hours is doing to 'support my team'.  I have a co-worker that is a Vol fan and last week while he was poor mouthing I told him I fully expected Gus to make Jeremy Pruitt look like a genius.  It is not the first time I haven't tuned into a game....several of the Iron Bowls I did not watch either. I treat it like Rotten Tomatoes and movies.  I'm just not going to watch something I know I won't enjoy. But that being said, that is just me, and I have no issues with people that want to watch every game regardless.

Archived