Auburn Kev

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

“And we’ll continue the grind.”

”process”

Gus is obviously safe. 

I guess we'll be battling it out with Miss State for fourth place in the west for a few years. 

What else is he going to say. Yeah he sucks, I am finding a way to get him out. I will wait to see what happens if we end up 5-7. 6-6 and he will be good for now. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

“And we’ll continue the grind.”

”process”

Gus is obviously safe. 

I disagree completely on this. The questions that were asked of him were a no-win for him. He's not going to come out and say, "Malzahn sucks. He is going to be fired at the end of the season."

Obviously, our AD is going to say he supports the Head Coach of our football team. However, if people think that him having the large buyout makes him untouchable then I'm at a loss. Granted, I have absolutely zero inside sources, or information like that but if we don't win another game this year (yes, losing to Liberty is possible at this point, IMO) than I truly believe Gus will be gone. Auburn should not settle for a coach that gets 6-8 wins per season with one good season every 4-5 years. We have better talent than that, we are in the best conference in the nation, and even if some people don't want to compare teams. Our main rivals are LSU, Georgia, and Alabama. All 3 of which are getting better and better while we continue to crap the bed.

Excellence should always be the goal ... not mediocrity. 

Exactly what he was supposed to say at this time.  At the end of the season there will be a statement that we evaluate all of our sports programs every year and will do everything we can to help them be successful.  Gus will be back next year and probably the year after that.  If we are in the running for the west either of those 2 years then you will probably see a change but no one is gonna eat that $32 million and then be expected to pony up another $5m for a Head Coach and a few million for assistants.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Play the what if game... what if we lose the rest of our games?  

What if we win the rest of our games?

i don’t think either is happening but...

If we lose the rest of our games, I absolutely think he is gone. He would official have loss all support and the boosters who pushed for this would need to get to work. Short of a national championship, I don’t see how he would be able to become favorable again. 

He's gone.

We would actually lose money in the long run if he is kept.  The people in power know this, and know that a lame duck Gus next season is easily the worst thing we need.

Once again.. love Greene to death! Seriously the best thing to happen to Auburn in years (aside from maybe the 2013 season - and you could argue that might have been one of the worst things to happen). lol Really hope that he, despite any decisions made in the next few months, will be around for a while. :)

He handled all those questions quite beautifully. Throwing Gus under his own bus right now would do nothing good for us.

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

He's not going to come out and say, "Malzahn sucks. He is going to be fired at the end of the season."

Yeah, there are other ways to give non comittal answers. You only pointed out the extreme. He could’ve just said “we will continue to evaluate things” and that would’ve been an acceptable non committal answer. “Process”, “we”, etc sounds like Gus is going no where.

32 million reasons Gus could drop a waffle💩 the rest of the season and be fine.  This season is purely for love of college football at this point.  Enjoy the games we’ve got because it’ll be 8 months till you get the opportunity to be let down again.  Let’s hope Auburn doesn’t have to play Memphis in Bham again because it may not turn out as well this time.

He also said that he doesn't talk performance with Gus....😑 I don't care about rebuilding and losing recruits anymore. I just want him gone. Will be one of the happiest days of my life when it happens.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He also said that he doesn't talk performance with Gus....😑 I don't care about rebuilding and losing recruits anymore. I just want him gone. Will be one of the happiest days of my life when it happens.

He said he doesn’t think he should  have to talk performance with coaches as they KNOW the expectations. Doesn’t mean he won’t do it haha

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, there are other ways to give non comittal answers. You only pointed out the extreme. He could’ve just said “we will continue to evaluate things” and that would’ve been an acceptable non committal answer. “Process”, “we”, etc sounds like Gus is going no where.

Agree to disagree on this. I use "we" all the time and it's just an easy way to lump a group of persons in together doesn't mean anything other than that. I've read a lot of your posts on the situation and know there's no changing your mind. You're dead set on what you think so there's no point in trying. War Eagle!

29 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I guess we'll be battling it out with Miss State for fourth place in the west for a few years. 

Very concerned that 2019 will be a repeat of 2018 battling for 6th place.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we lose the rest of our games, I absolutely think he is gone. He would official have loss all support and the boosters who pushed for this would need to get to work. Short of a national championship, I don’t see how he would be able to become favorable again. 

He's already lost around 75% of the fan base. If we lose to OM and then TAM ... I think he will have lost close to 90%. We are currently the worst team in the SEC and Arkansas would curb stomp us if we played them again. They are on the rise while we are not getting any better. If that happens, I could see the Liberty game having less than half of the stadium full. Lose that game and keep Malzahn and next year no one will want to pay to go to the games. THAT is not a good thing. Football is the cash cow of our Athletics department and if no one is showing up to games and paying for tickets we lose even MORE money. Cut the cancer out and get some hope back into football.

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

What else is he going to say. Yeah he sucks, I am finding a way to get him out. I will wait to see what happens if we end up 5-7. 6-6 and he will be good for now. 

That is what he was hired to do. Not pussyfoot around an answer to be politically correct. Especially as he didn't give the idiotic contract.

There is no way in Haitis Gus makes two more full year if he goes 5-7 or 6-6 next year. Lets see whats happens by the end of the year and if its what I expect he may even be gone this year as hard as that is to believe. 

35 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Play the what if game... what if we lose the rest of our games?  

What if we win the rest of our games?

i don’t think either is happening but...

If he loses every game but Liberty, we finish 5-7.  The last time an AU coach survived a losing season was TT in 1999, his first season.  That's why it wouldn't shock me if he was gone no matter the cost.

If were by some miracle to win out, then he's obviously safe but I think a lot of fans would be pretty upset in a different way.  Winning out would show that Gus completely wasted the first half of the season through sheer incompetence and pissed away a potential championship team.

Archived