Has a QB ever regressed as bad as Stidham

ChltteTiger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I remember and I have been around a long time.  His NFL stock has gone from sure 1st round to undrafted free agent since the Washington game.   The offensive line woes certainly have a lot to do with it but he just seems to be really slow deciding where to go with the ball and that ain’t helping matters.  

This is the same Stidham from last year. Except for a couple of games, it was masked by better OL play, better RB production, and White Lightening.

21 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ben Leard had a drop overall as well, but I’m not sure if it was as striking as Stidham’s.

His completion % was down in 2000 but he had more yards. I don't think that is in same category as what we see with Stidham where everything is down !

10 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

His completion % was down in 2000 but he had more yards. I don't think that is in same category as what we see with Stidham where everything is down !

His yards were up because he played in five more games, but his total TDs stayed the same, his completion percentage was down, his yards per attempt went down, he went from 1 interception to 10, and his total QBR went from 170.8 down to 123.5.

To be fair to Stid, I’ve never seen his OL that bad before. Pressure comes from both the middle and the edges. Even a Tom Brady time clock isn’t fast enough with that line.

• WarTiger changed the title to Has a QB ever regressed as bad as Stidham
2 hours ago, kwagoner said:

This is the same Stidham from last year. Except for a couple of games, it was masked by better OL play, better RB production, and White Lightening.

This.^^^^^ 

I still maintain that we saw a glimpse of this year's Stidham in the Clemson game last year.   Sacked 11 times in that game.  Some were not his fault but, looking back, he looks eerily the same this year.

3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Maybe Stan White in 1991 but I have nothing to back that up.

The ‘91 team was an interesting bunch. White wasn’t much better in ‘92. Bowden brought him out of his slump for sure in ‘93. 

2 hours ago, kwagoner said:

Definitely think Hastings out has hurt Stidham production a good bit. 

Jarrett had a lot of pressure coming in that was a bit unfair. He started three games at Baylor and the fan base and media overhyped him and determined he was a 1st round NFL draft pick and future heisman, smh. 

54 minutes ago, doug3020 said:
4 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Maybe Stan White in 1991 but I have nothing to back that up.

The ‘91 team was an interesting bunch. White wasn’t much better in ‘92. Bowden brought him out of his slump for sure in ‘93. 

You can't really put anything on Stan or anybody other than Eric Ramsey for the '91-'92 teams.

That was under full NCAA colonoscopy, including national press (60 Minutes for crying out loud) and NOBODY was focused on football those two years.

Those were throw away years if ever there were any.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

You can't really put anything on Stan or anybody other than Eric Ramsey for the '91-'92 teams.

That was under full NCAA colonoscopy, including national press (60 Minutes for crying out loud) and NOBODY was focused on football those two years.

Those were throw away years if ever there were any.

That's true. I believe we were 3-0 when 60 minutes ran the Ramsey tapes. I was only 14 and knew we were screwed.

4 hours ago, auskip07 said:

Brandon cox regressed from a numbers standpoint from JR year to Senior year   but his Oline started 3 freshman his senior year.   

Brandon was never the same after the LSU game in '06.

1 hour ago, musicitytiger said:

I think our bad OL play is compounded by the fact that everyone knows what we’re running based on alignment.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/stats-show-auburn-offense-was-painfully-predictable-on-saturday/

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Jarrett had a lot of pressure coming in that was a bit unfair. He started three games at Baylor and the fan base and media overhyped him and determined he was a 1st round NFL draft pick and future heisman, smh. 

That’s because the two previous saviors got us to the NC game. Stid was damn close to getting us to the CFP(!!) although it was mostly Kerryon. Stid has had an uneven career here, but his OL has something to do with that. Even when the pocket is clean, it’s still affected him. 

The Tennessee game is a perfect representation of his career. Over 300 yards passing and two TDs but one stupid interception, another stupid interception on a stupid trick play, and then a fumble because the DL was on him as quick as his snap clap. 

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Wow! That article and Jordan Rodger’s stats just reinforce what all of us have been screaming, that Gus shows what type of play he is about to run based on the personnel that’s on the field. Opposing DC’s figured this out long ago and have been feasting on it.

7 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Wow! That article and Jordan Rodger’s stats just reinforce what all of us have been screaming, that Gus shows what type of play he is about to run based on the personnel that’s on the field. Opposing DC’s figured this out long ago and have been feasting on it.

i fully believe only way it works is to snap the ball before the defense has time to get in position to defend.  

40 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

i fully believe only way it works is to snap the ball before the defense has time to get in position to defend.  

Well, that would put us having to get the snaps off somewhere in the middle of Tiger Walk...

I can't recall seeing a QB go from outstanding to completely inept in such a short period of time. His head just isn't where it should be which is quite obvious to everyone. I don't know if a session with a "shrink" would help but certainly wouldn't hurt. I can't believe Gus did not even give Willis or someone else a shot after THREE turnovers by Stidham.  I doubt we will win another SEC game with Stidham at the helm. Gus has nothing to lose at this point to give someone else  shot but due to Gus's personality it probably won't happen, one can only hope. The definition of insanity I believe is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. Gus, everyone is on to your way of doing things. JMO

WDE

Archived