Data on how predictable we are on Offense...

GwillMac6

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I often wondered why they are so reluctant to throw in the middle of the field.  Fear of interceptions?  Some teams make a living off quick slants.

And, I refuse to believe that the coaches don't see/recognize their own tendencies.  The real question is why don't they do something about it?

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

And, I refuse to believe that the coaches don't see/recognize their own tendencies.  The real question is why don't they do something about it?

We all want to know that

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wonder what Gus and Chip interaction is like. There is no way two offensive minds can’t see this 

I don't think anyone really gets along with Gus.

25 minutes ago, Shift said:

I don't think that Gus can see outside of his own playbook. And that's very limited.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well, somebody head over to Gus' house and tell him.  You know he'll never figure this stuff out on his own.

54 minutes ago, Shift said:

Gus seems to get opinionated almost to the level of a mental handicap on what each player can and cannot do. I feel like he has to know he is telegraphing plays, but he only trust “player x” to do “job y”, with the irony being that no one outside of the absolute elite can do “job y” if everyone in the stadium can predict it.

Speaking of predictable, when is the last time that “hurry up and run up the middle after a first down” has worked for more than a yard?

I mean.... Good Lord!  Even the guy from The Batchelorette can figure this out....

Gus! C'MON MAN!!!

You guys fell for this hook line and sinker just like Kirby and Saban will when Gus breaks all tendencies and the greatest offense in college football history is unleashed for the last 2 SEC games of the season.  7-5 will be super sweet playing a mid level Big 10 team in Nashvegas.  Who needs the playoffs when you can beat your two biggest rivals!  

Like others in this thread have said, everyone sees these things. Other coaches see it, analysts see it, and fans see it- albeit to varying degrees. Gus and the staff HAVE to know these things. The question is WHY DOESNT HE CHANGE? I struggle to find a rational explanation for it. Something otherworldly and bizarre has got to be going on in these offensive meetings. I’d pay good $ to get to listen in to the offensive headsets for a few games just for some insight into the mind numbing madness.

The answer to your questions is easy.  Gus is too stubborn to understand that everybody knows his offense now and have schemed to stop it.  He still believes that his plan and plays can't be stopped when executed perfectly.  Chip sees it but Gus won't listen to him or anybody else.  

51 minutes ago, chimes said:

Like others in this thread have said, everyone sees these things. Other coaches see it, analysts see it, and fans see it- albeit to varying degrees. Gus and the staff HAVE to know these things. The question is WHY DOESNT HE CHANGE? I struggle to find a rational explanation for it. Something otherworldly and bizarre has got to be going on in these offensive meetings. I’d pay good $ to get to listen in to the offensive headsets for a few games just for some insight into the mind numbing madness.

Would you pay $32M?

Archived