Data on how predictable we are on Offense...

GwillMac6

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

exactly. the local beat hacks cannot risk asking questions like that. It would have to be a national guy.

So....

It's their version of "fake news".

"All will be fixed because Gus promised.  News at 11."

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Funniest part about it is there a lot of programs running updated and improved 2018 versions of his own damn offense while the man who wrote the book himself is struggling to figure out how to get first downs. Unreal. 

Good grief that kinda says it all doesn’t it?

Most teams scout themselves to recognize the same tendencies the other teams are looking for and try to stay one step ahead.  Gus obviously never heard that.  

5 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Most teams scout themselves to recognize the same tendencies the other teams are looking for and try to stay one step ahead.  Gus obviously never heard that.  

Yes.  This is one of the duties of the off field analysts.  I have no idea what our analysts do because Gus wouldn't listen to them.  

On 10/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, Auhud08 said:

I am not defending the dude- but how did he beat georgia and bama last year. Seriously...

OL personnel, and KJ. 

You would think things would have changed but this has been a reoccurring theme since the 2nd half of the national championship game.   Coaches calling where we are going with the ball before we snap it is a big problem and if it hasnt changed yet it wont ever change.   

10 hours ago, ALTiger said:

OL personnel, and KJ. 

Playcalling was ten times better. J-Stid was ten times better. Defense played lights out and offensive line stepped up to the plate. We were incredibly balanced. 

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Read this article as well. 

Life is hard. It’s even harder when you’re stupid! 

On 10/15/2018 at 8:26 PM, Win4AU said:

You guys fell for this hook line and sinker just like Kirby and Saban will when Gus breaks all tendencies and the greatest offense in college football history is unleashed for the last 2 SEC games of the season.  7-5 will be super sweet playing a mid level Big 10 team in Nashvegas.  Who needs the playoffs when you can beat your two biggest rivals!  

2B644EFF-2D3C-4CA6-9680-B50FE3C5F19C.gif

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Read this article as well. 

I think the main issue here is what has Gus/Chip seen with this line that thinks we would have time to pull off some double reverse crap trick play?

4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I think the main issue here is what has Gus/Chip seen with this line that thinks we would have time to pull off some double reverse crap trick play?

This play had to have worked in practice or they'd have never even attempted it in live game action.  So you gotta ask yourself if that particular play was successful then who the hell did they put in to defend it in practice?

Obviously the execution was the problem with this play.  If the WC QB would have made his block everything would have worked perfectly. But, for whatever reason we just aren’t executing.  :drippingsarcasm7pa:  

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Obviously the execution was the problem with this play.  If the WC QB would have made his block everything would have worked perfectly. But, for whatever reason we just aren’t executing.  :drippingsarcasm7pa:  

I’ll ignore the sarcasm and take this as a serious statement and make one point.  Execution is the problem with this play.  When the edge rusher comes on the blitz the WC Qb should have kept and run up the left side for a gain.  The zone read doesn’t work if you don’t read the outside rusher.  The biggest problem I’ve noticed with Auburn’s zone read is the lack of the read.

26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ll ignore the sarcasm and take this as a serious statement and make one point.  Execution is the problem with this play.  When the edge rusher comes on the blitz the WC Qb should have kept and run up the left side for a gain.  The zone read doesn’t work if you don’t read the outside rusher.  The biggest problem I’ve noticed with Auburn’s zone read is the lack of the read.

You're right about the reads.

But the play is doomed pre-snap if the opposing coach knows exactly what our playcall is. Our offense under Gus has now permanently become the equivalent of the 2010 first half of the Iron Bowl when Saban and staff knew our signals. Now instead of signals they can tell based on personnel and formation. Unbelievable. It's not hyperbole when people say Gus has been figured out. Smh

40 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

That is one of the problems with the offense, there doesn’t seem to be a read option and the defenses are jumping on them.  This play was going to be a pass by Stidham from the get go, so no read.  We seem to be wasting our time with the faux read and the defenses aren’t buying it.  Hence, it gives the defenses time to blow up the play.  Execution is the problem, but the players have to have a fighting chance to execute.

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But the play is doomed pre-snap if the opposing coach knows exactly what our playcall is. Our offense under Gus has now permanently become the equivalent of the 2010 first half of the Iron Bowl when Saban and staff knew our signals. Now instead of signals they can tell based on personnel and formation. Unbelievable. It's not hyperbole when people say Gus has been figured out. Smh

If the zone read is run correctly I’m not sure it matters if the defense knows what’s coming.  I watched Miss State run the same 5 wide formation with a Rb going in motion.  It was either a rb handoff to the outside or Fitz up the middle.  Thank goodness they didn’t trust Fitz to throw or they would have really abused Auburn.  The joke on Gus in 2013&2014 was all the plays were run out of the same formation and the defensive players had to guess which person was getting the ball.  Every now and then mix a pass in and defenses had to stay honest.  With Schwartz running sweeps, Boobee/Shivers/Miller/Martin running, and the occasional pass or screen to Davis, Williams, Slayton, or Schwartz there is no reason this offense can’t work today.  The Oline would get a break by keeping the defenses honest.  Maybe I’m being Naive but this offense can be good this year.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If the zone read is run correctly I’m not sure it matters if the defense knows what’s coming.  I watched Miss State run the same 5 wide formation with a Rb going in motion.  It was either a rb handoff to the outside or Fitz up the middle.  Thank goodness they didn’t trust Fitz to throw or they would have really abused Auburn.  The joke on Gus in 2013&2014 was all the plays were run out of the same formation and the defensive players had to guess which person was getting the ball.  Every now and then mix a pass in and defenses had to stay honest.  With Schwartz running sweeps, Boobee/Shivers/Miller/Martin running, and the occasional pass or screen to Davis, Williams, Slayton, or Schwartz there is no reason this offense can’t work today.  The Oline would get a break by keeping the defenses honest.  Maybe I’m being Naive but this offense can be good this year.

I don't even think we were running a true read back in '13. Commentators kept saying it's dictated pre-snap but NM was so good he was bailing the poor "reads" out. First guy to get to NM never tackled him. But I get what you're saying. Part of our problem is our running game is always trying to sell the idea that it's a read but defenses know that it's not as well as who cares if Jarrett Stidham keeps the ball in the off chance that it is an actual read? He's not busting a big one on you

28 minutes ago, Tiger said:

But that's not the worst of it.  The worst part is that Gus knows he telegraphs his plays, yet doesn't care.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

But that's not the worst of it.  The worst part is that Gus knows he telegraphs his plays, yet doesn't care.

There's enough public info out there now that he has to know. And that's what makes it even worse. HE DOESN'T CARE. 

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I don't even think we were running a true read back in '13. Commentators kept saying it's dictated pre-snap but NM was so good he was bailing the poor "reads" out. First guy to get to NM never tackled him. But I get what you're saying. Part of our problem is our running game is always trying to sell the idea that it's a read but defenses know that it's not as well as who cares if Jarrett Stidham keeps the ball in the off chance that it is an actual read? He's not busting a big one on you

I agree 100%.  Even if Jarrett doesn’t bust a big one if he gains 4-5yrds that’s something. Iron bowl this year and one of the games this year he ran in a TD.  I would have never said this pre Arkansas but let Malik or Cord run the offense for a series and see if the inside run game doesn’t all the sudden open up.  I don’t know if I trust Malik throwing but let him launch one down field.  At this point why not?

Archived