Malzahn Ole Miss Presser (Video Added)

Auburn Kev

Interesting.

"Our game plans have been good. We haven't, for whatever reason, executed." 

He was called out by Marcello on the SECN analysts saying how predictable the offense is. His response "We are aware and every team has tendencies." This was his main out of touch comment.

I can't even click on the play button. I don't have it inside me anymore. Just so fed up with his crap at this point. Don't wanna hear him anymore. Time to break-up the Auburn/Malzahn saga thats been going on for almost 9 years now.

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Interesting.

"Our game plans have been good. We haven't, for whatever reason, executed." 

He was called out by Marcello on the SECN analysts saying how predictable the offense is. His response "We are aware and every team has tendencies." This was his main out of touch comment.

They "are aware" of the predictability and "the game plans are good, but for whatever reason they aren't being executed." 

STILL a total lack of ownership, and an obvious unwillingness to adjust or entertain the notion that a change needs to be made when it's evident that his players are executing his predictable game plan.

I’m as frustrated as anyone but what kind of change would you go to that would work that doesn’t require your offensive line to block?

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

They "are aware" of the predictability and "the game plans are good, but for whatever reason they aren't being executed." 

STILL a total lack of ownership, and an obvious unwillingness to adjust or entertain the notion that a change needs to be made when it's evident that his players are executing his predictable game plan.

I know at this point many of us will not like what he says no matter what he says but yeah...you're 100% right. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m as frustrated as anyone but what kind of change would you go to that would work that doesn’t require your offensive line to block?

Quick passing game. Shorter routes. Better mix of play calling. I get what you're saying as i don't think there would be an overhaul of changes that would make us a championship caliber team the rest of the season. However, there are small simple changes that can be made to help the OL and QB to at least make the offense more efficient. I've long been saying to get the ball into the hands of our playmakers. There are more ways to do so than WR screens. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Quick outs, curl routes. 5-10 yard passes. Very west coast style. Stidham would do very well at it and it wouldn't require him to make the deep throws, which is where he's struggling right now.

But lets gets serious, Gus will not adapt to that and we will continue to see the same miserable production.

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

One could be when in a 4th down situation, instead of trying a 50+ yard FG you punt. Pin their offense back and play to what has been our strength, the D.  An obvious one would be to coach up the OL.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Good question - but what they are doing is just not working, and i admit I've seen some changes in the play calling but it's still not producing and the players can't execute any of their plans thus far.  Hell, several times I saw an oline that looked like they'd just laid down and given up even trying to do their job.  There's a clip in here somewhere and some linemen literally looked like a group of turn-styles standing there watching the defender get directly to our QB.  They never put up a fight!  Gus said he's now coaching for his players as championship aspirations are now down the tubes.  At some point his players need to toughen up mentally and decide they are going to lay it all on the line and play for their coaches.  

This feels like Gus has lost the team, and the will to fight is slowly seeping out of the bloodstream.

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Quick outs, curl routes. 5-10 yard passes. Very west coast style. Stidham would do very well at it and it wouldn't require him to make the deep throws, which is where he's struggling right now.

But lets gets serious, Gus will not adapt to that and we will continue to see the same miserable production.

This is exactly what we should be doing. Especially with all the playmakers we have on offense. It would help open up the running game as well. 

4 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Excellent suggestion!

I remember when Tubs combined play action pass and third string rb Smith and ran it down Bammers throat. Wish Malzahn could be that creative. Have a can do attitude.  Watched film I guess and came up with JACK SQUAT!! Great job coach

27 minutes ago, jptiger said:

I remember when Tubs combined play action pass and third string rb Smith and ran it down Bammers throat. Wish Malzahn could be that creative. Have a can do attitude.  Watched film I guess and came up with JACK SQUAT!! Great job coach

Nallsminger finished 66th in total offense in 2003.

We currently sit at 93rd. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What about lefty? I guess I’m too lazy to look it up. 

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

If we could somehow just get the dive play working on first down then I just know our problems will be solved ( :crossedarms:  <Gus )

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Quick passing game. Shorter routes. Better mix of play calling. I get what you're saying as i don't think there would be an overhaul of changes that would make us a championship caliber team the rest of the season. However, there are small simple changes that can be made to help the OL and QB to at least make the offense more efficient. I've long been saying to get the ball into the hands of our playmakers. There are more ways to do so than WR screens. 

I would love to see quicker routes mixed in. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

sad, sad, sad

16 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

See, this right here is the thing. I don't know what your background is, but the extent of my hands-on football knowledge is a few years played on a terrible team in high school, and even I know that these types of plays are how you compensate for a bad OL (this year), mitigate a nasty pass rush (Clemson, UCF last year), and help a QB who goes deer in headlights if he's asked to hold the ball for longer than a half second (Stidham both years). ESPECIALLY when you have the weapons at WR and uber athletic- if not prototypically sized- running backs that we do. The high school coaches on this forum have confirmed this. If you look at Chip Lindsey's past offenses, it's clear that he knows this. Yet, we don't run these plays.

We mustn't try to insult Gus by calling his a high school offense. That only insults high school coaches. 

Archived