Asa redshirt screwup??

PigskinPat

Rivals and 247 are saying that the intent was to redshirt Asa, but someone on staff screwed that up. Is anyone else hearing this?

BM showed Asa’s stats, that he played a total of 14 snaps over 5 games, in the Arkansas game he only played 1 snap.

The plan was to redshirt him, but the staff didn’t realize he had already played too much until it was too late. Is anyone else hearing this??!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SKIPPER_01 said:

Can this be considered breach of contract?

I know, I'm grasping at straws.

One can hope, but if it proves to be true, it’s a whole new level of ineptness that cannot be ignored.

Regardless if screwup, I think Asa should be playing since boobie is hurt.

Gus's comment yesterday that he would be playing special teams is stupid.

Develop your young players you idiot!!!

Auburn is like the family that in 2018 still has a dialup modem for internet service and a Nokia flip phone.

meanwhile uat across the street has a high speed supercomputer, a dedicated sattellite and 100 experts on call 24/7.

17 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

He is so bad at developing talent. Put him in there. It's not like the fumble he had earlier is a big deal at this point. JS is good for at least 1 fumble a game. 

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How is it possible for the player and the coaches to not know this? I agree that he should be playing anyway. 

This is Gus and the way he treats his RBs. He would rather play a RB that is hurt then give another RB any reps.  I think Gus was trying to RS Asa, but we’re going down the tubes.  Time for all hands on deck.

31 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

its more about the system, talent is secondary.   

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

What is idiotic?

Umm the fact that the coaches had no clue that ASA appeared in more than 4 games

Just now, DAG said:

Umm the fact that the coaches had no clue that ASA appeared in more than 4 games

I didn’t know if you were referring to the notion of it or the fact it happened. Just about any other staff I would say it was crazy to even suggest this. With this staff, it just seems like par for the course.

This just makes me livid. Wasting a year of eligibility of a very talented running back.

**** this staff 

ASA is probably already thinking about where to transfer to if this clown show continues into 2019.

Archived